Do spending announcements prior to an election sway your vote?

CBC News

House Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.cbc.ca
Prime Minister Stephen Harper will be in Windsor, Ont., on Wednesday to announce a financial aid package to help reopen Ford's mothballed Essex Engine Plants.
News reports also say a General Motors plant in St. Catharines, Ont., is in line for $80 million in federal money, and an announcement is expected soon.
About 900 people were thrown out of work last fall after the shutdown of the Ford plant, which produced V-6 engines.
Harper's aid package is expected to include tax credits to help Ford retool the plant to build engines that are more fuel efficient.
Read full story

More...

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
Not really. It's nice to see some of my tax money going to help some fellow Canadians even if it is through a criminal process orchestrated by the political elite. The fiendish beasts in power are there only by way of our apathy.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Prime Minister Stephen Harper will be in Windsor, Ont., on Wednesday to announce a financial aid package to help reopen Ford's mothballed Essex Engine Plants.
News reports also say a General Motors plant in St. Catharines, Ont., is in line for $80 million in federal money, and an announcement is expected soon.
About 900 people were thrown out of work last fall after the shutdown of the Ford plant, which produced V-6 engines.
Harper's aid package is expected to include tax credits to help Ford retool the plant to build engines that are more fuel efficient.
Read full story

More...

Not at all, the Conservatives are not transparent; they are a group of closet thugs, announcements mean nothing but DICK……………..
All Harper wants is his sleazy hands on a majority, and should that happen Canada will get the royal shaft with out a smile or Vaseline. Sorry for being blunt but reality dictates on how I feel, Harper will be a mistake in having full control of our country……

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Not at all, the Conservatives are not transparent; they are a group of closet thugs, announcements mean nothing but DICK……………..
All Harper wants is his sleazy hands on a majority, and should that happen Canada will get the royal shaft with out a smile or Vaseline. Sorry for being blunt but reality dictates on how I feel, Harper will be a mistake in having full control of our country……
But it was different when the Cretin and his cronies did it??? Give me a break!

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Spending announcements sway the same people who think they are 'saving' money at Wal_Mart. The brain dead media pawns.
Picked up some Fruit-of-the-Loom at Wal-Mart last week for a great price.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Some would be a promise made by a guy who set election dates so a vote couldn't be manipulated for a time best suited to the party in power.... Gee ... where's his credibility?