Did New Orleans Catastrophe Have to Happen?

media

Aug 14, 2005
GOODWILL KEEPS COMING

Busy day with work, but I did have time to do some hurricane help.
Stopped at a local pet store and told the owner about a refugee that has a bunny in a pet taxi. (Our 'adopted' family has three dogs and a rabbit) The store owner donated a large rabbit cage to the family.

Had a fellow business person contact me with a fund raising idea. We are coordinating a charity golf tournament. All funds (checks) will be made out DIRECTLY to the relief effort here. In one day we had the local golf course donate the course for free along with golf carts. 100% will go towards huricane relief since there will be no expense to host the tournament. We also secured a volunteer commitee just this afternoon that is experienced with volunteering for golf tournament fundraisers (this community has several a year for different charities). Everyone is eager to help.

Just some more positive news for a change.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: Did New Orleans Catas

Yes he/she is.:)

A lot of good things going unoticed while the press seems to be preoccupied with the bad things going on and slow response of "W" on down. Granted their is a lot of bad things going on, but what do you expect with lack of help from their own bloody government? I am glad some good is being reported.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
media said:
GOODWILL KEEPS COMING

Busy day with work, but I did have time to do some hurricane help.
Stopped at a local pet store and told the owner about a refugee that has a bunny in a pet taxi. (Our 'adopted' family has three dogs and a rabbit) The store owner donated a large rabbit cage to the family.

Had a fellow business person contact me with a fund raising idea. We are coordinating a charity golf tournament. All funds (checks) will be made out DIRECTLY to the relief effort here. In one day we had the local golf course donate the course for free along with golf carts. 100% will go towards huricane relief since there will be no expense to host the tournament. We also secured a volunteer commitee just this afternoon that is experienced with volunteering for golf tournament fundraisers (this community has several a year for different charities). Everyone is eager to help.

Just some more positive news for a change.

People power at it's finest......

media

Aug 14, 2005
UPDATE

Thank you for more wonderful comments! As upsetting as the situation is in New Orleans, I am just grateful everyday to see
local people here pulling together.

Had a great visit at the campground this evening. Hope our new friends decide to settle here permanently. Thier kids did enroll in school this week and the youngest teenage boy joined the football team and loves it. :eek:

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

media

Aug 14, 2005
UPDATE :eek:

Our hurricane refugees are starting to move into apartments as they become available. We are (as a community) adopting families by donating $50 per month for the next six months to pay thier rent and utilities. Many people have again stepped up to the plate.
The local church groups are still donating food AND volunteering to cook three meals a day at the campground. Last week a local school group drew names of families and presented them with household needs such as pots and pans, dishes, etc.
I have personally been busy trying to catch up with my business but have continually been in touch with my 'adopted' family. This week I called a local photographer and he donated a photo shoot for two of the kids who are getting thier GED. He took some fabulous senior photos of them. This may sound like something frivolous, but it meant alot to these two teenagers who recently lost thier school.