Describe the United States in a sentence.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
RE: Describe the United S

I reckon it was a local ( a canadian) getting a little bit annoyed about there being an american on their board spouting off.....although I enjoy argueing...as you can tell :)

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005

I prefure him over this new lightweight...Pfunk.....shortmanx5 pretty much knows what he's talking about

and can spell

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
True.

As the resident Minister of Post Formatting and Minister Responsible for the Status of Colours, spelling is very important to me and our Government. :)

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Why is it that everyone blames the Americans but not one person has said "How can we help make Iraq work". In the event of a problem I find standing around blaming the plumber doesn't help me much but asking can I help works wonders.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Why is it that everyone blames the Americans but not one person has said "How can we help make Iraq work". In the event of a problem I find standing around blaming the plumber doesn't help me much but asking can I help works wonders.

It is pretty hard to help after so many tens of thousands of people have been needlessly killed. This was supposed to be a "liberation", then we had "shock and awe". Is there an Iraqi left that hasn't lost someone to bombs or bullets? Who would want to jump in and grab onto a part of that? Iraq will be a hard one to get out of. The other thing of course is, that the infrastructure is still hanging in shreds. Most people still do not have clean running water or electricity. (I know there is a reason for that) Selling that war to prospective allies must be about like getting customers for nuclear energy in Hiroshima.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
It is never to late to help Irag and it's people, but helping isn't as easy as having a internet debate in the warmth and safty of a home is it.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Good posts, Sassylassie.

The proof that no one cares enough about Iraq
rising out of the ashes is not as important as who is
to blame for those ashes, despite that those ashes
have many hands in it, despite that no one is singularly
completely inarguably to blame for those ashes.

It's similar to the world wringing its hands over Dafur,
and using that problem as another situation of American
hypocrisy. Yet not one other nation will take the lead
on that matter.

It's similar to the wars of Yugoslavia. Not one nation
nor continent would take the lead on the slaughters
and massacres during that 9 year war.

It is more important to let Iraq struggle in an isolated matter, because it takes blood and guts to birth a new
nation.

The German company Siemens will provide the
Mother of All Generators (MOAG) but it will be the
American Marines that put it on 20 wheels dragging
it slowly through the desert.

No high sounding moralistic nation will shed its sons
and daughters, prefering instead its precious condescending moral superiority.

The UN had no guts to stick it out in Baghdad. Even
some thought the Americans and Brits deliberately
left them exposed, when not having any intelligence
that the Americans and Brits themselves are vulnerable
to the most undefendable attacks of suiciders.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I got your little dig Jim but why was the infrastructure of every major city in Iraq bombed to rat shit when the objective was to get Iraqi soldiers out of Kuwait? Why was it neccesary to blow apart all the power stations and all the water treatment plants and sewer treatment plants to get Iraqi soldiers out of Iraq? The answer? It wasn't. Iraq for some reason had to suffer the bombing and the years of brutal sanctions that killed a terrible number of children. I have looked for the answers to these questions for twelve bloody years and all I can do is speculate. I have been in the military and I have friends who would know and they just shake their heads, and so do I.

BTW, the UN left because the Americans couldn't protect them. It is the responsibility of the occupying army to provide protection and they weren't doing it. Hell, they can't protect themselves.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Since the late 1970s of Idaho's Senator Church began hearings to denounce assassination and got Congress to explicity forbid it, I've heard people wistfully pine for that policy of assassination. And ressurrecting that
dark policy would save ourselves lives and money and the lives of other nations.

Then we heard the other side denounce the weakness
of diplomacy and its ineffectiveness.

The we heard another side denounce embargo as
unnecessarily injurious to the innocent civilians.

Then we heard those saying that other nations' business
is not our business.

And then we heard that the invasion of Kuwait
was not a big deal.

Then we hear that war to stop it was too much and
unnecessary.

And then we want to lift the embargo because it
hurts the people.

And then we want a UN Food for Oil program which
turned out to be a UN food or PALACES program,
and so the infrastructure lied broken while brothers
and sisters were encouraged to turn each other in
to Saddam's minders, creating a sick distrustful
nation whose psychosis over this history of betrayal
between each other will take years to heal even within
one family, let alone a nation.

Then we want to quit the northern
and southern no-fly zones because it's too expensive,
and after all Saddam's not doing anything now, despite not understanding why the clown is not doing anything now even understanding that his not doing anything
was a myth --- for he was doing something.

And then we hear those point to the riddle of NOW.

And what is the riddle of NOW ?

It is hard to define NOW in comparison to what
might have been avoided.

It is hard to define NOW what worse scenarios were
prevented.

It is hard to define NOW in comparison to what might
have festered for years and result a decade later
with what you see NOW.

For both Yugoslavia and Iraq strongmen did not
prevent the ethnic and religious groups from their
identity nor their grudges waiting to have its day.

And enter the opportunism of al Qaeda in both
countries, or any country that is weak.

They too wish Iraq destroys itself.

Iraq is a pawn for al Qaeda.

Iraq is a pawn for the Westerners using it as a mere
prop in the rightwing leftwing verbal arguments.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Since the late 1970s of Idaho's Senator Church began hearings to denounce assassination and got Congress to explicity forbid it, I've heard people wistfully pine for that policy of assassination. And ressurrecting that
dark policy would save ourselves lives and money and the lives of other nations.

That is hard to believe when at least three times it was reported that Saddam was in a certain building, and at least three times, we waited while smart bombs, and tomahawk missiles converged on that building. Were they just trying to scare him to make him surrender?

And then we want a UN Food for Oil program which
turned out to be a UN food or PALACES program,
and so the infrastructure lied broken while brothers
and sisters were encouraged to turn each other in
to Saddam's minders, creating a sick distrustful
nation whose psychosis over this history of betrayal
between each other will take years to heal even within
one family, let alone a nation.

The "food for oil program was run pretty much entirely by the U.S. navy who supplied several hundred ships for the purpose. We hear all kinds of stories out of the U.S. about food for oil and the terrible corruption in the UN but most of the food for oil corruption was in the U.S. The U.S. navy would not even take suggestions from the UN.

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
#juan said:
I got your little dig Jim but why was the infrastructure of every major city in Iraq bombed to rat shit when the objective was to get Iraqi soldiers out of Kuwait? Why was it neccesary to blow apart all the power stations and all the water treatment plants and sewer treatment plants to get Iraqi soldiers out of Iraq? The answer? It wasn't. Iraq for some reason had to suffer the bombing and the years of brutal sanctions that killed a terrible number of children. I have looked for the answers to these questions for twelve bloody years and all I can do is speculate. I have been in the military and I have friends who would know and they just shake their heads, and so do I.

BTW, the UN left because the Americans couldn't protect them. It is the responsibility of the occupying army to provide protection and they weren't doing it. Hell, they can't protect themselves.

<Snip ... Personal attack on a mod? Bad idea ... and only one warning with it. (This being it) Cosmo>
All Saddam had to do was obey UN resolutions and the sanctions would have been lifted. The oil for food program was to allow medicines and food to reach the Iraqi people. Your hero Saddam chose to sacrifice his people for scam money.
The UN mission specifically asked the US to keep its troops away. They figured they were safer that way. When the first bomb fell they ran back to UN headquaters in NY for R/R. The US troops can protect themselves. Stay away from suicide bombers and road side bombs. But they choose to go after the scum. We will see how Canadians fare in Afghanistan as more suicide bombers move there. Will you shit on our troops too?

VOJVODA

Mar 14, 2006
corporate nation

American style capitalism will destroy the natural resources, people and the whole <snip> world!

This one is better: Americans are afraid of Canadians in hockey! (he,he,he)

annabattler

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2005
America in one sentence...
America has now adopted "pre-emption" as their weapon of choice.
Now its' sabres are rattling at Iran.