David Suzuki's Rock bus Eco - Tour -Mr .Kyoto himself

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
figures that signature you were using was bull****. thanks for the confession, Luther.
Umm, it's a quote from Luther Standing Bear of the Lakota Sioux. It's not my quote, hence his name being there, giving him the credit. If you were able to follow along, you would know, I'm Onondaga of the Six Nations and my name is Bear. Try and keep up.

And you have the gull to call me an idiot???

Oh brother, that isn't much like the kettle trying to call the dish towel black.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
That's pretty funny coming from you, considering...
1) This lil tour can richly afford to replace the bus in a heart beat, with all the funds it recieves, both private and public.
2) The crying and whining you did when the public puse(read other peoples money) was closed to the SoW group.

Might be seen as being a tad hypocritical of you, non?
lol
The Suzuki entourage could bloody well afford to run around the countryside in electric vehicles, or even an electric bus, so I wonder why they chose diesel.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
lol
The Suzuki entourage could bloody well afford to run around the countryside in electric vehicles, or even an electric bus, so I wonder why they chose diesel.
Now you've done it, NotaBitwhys will be here in a flash to challenge you to prove that. And if you don't, he'll just call you names, like loudmouth. Or he might reserve that for those that expose his biases.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Umm, it's a quote from Luther Standing Bear of the Lakota Sioux. It's not my quote, hence his name being there, giving him the credit. If you were able to follow along, you would know, I'm Onondaga of the Six Nations and my name is Bear. Try and keep up.

And you have the gull to call me an idiot???

Oh brother, that isn't much like the kettle trying to call the dish towel black.

my mistake. and here I thought you'd at least actually stand behind all your yapping. I should have known better. Whatever your name is then (mine's pretty easy to figure out), Avro's gonna need that research before he hits the road.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
The point being the quasi-conservatives expect Suzuki to act to a standard they themselves flatly refuse to seriously consider while Suzuki manages to lead by the example by making a pragmatic compromise the very possibility of which his detractors can't afford to acknowledge.

Its a fricking bus. What are they supposed to use? A small fleet of hybrids with no desk space?
Nope. As I suggested earlier, Suzuki & Co. could use an electric bus. If mines can use electricity to enable 250 ton trucks to haul ore around, a bus weighing 5 or 6 tons would be easy to come up with.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Like this bus for instance (they even have VIP buses)thegreenbus
Here, Ton already did some foot work for him.

I'm not sure why I have to do Avro's research, or why you feel the need to challenge my claim without supplying any proof of your own, to the contrary, seems pretty hypocritical to me.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
my mistake. and here I thought you'd at least actually stand behind all your yapping. I should have known better. Whatever your name is then (mine's pretty easy to figure out), Avro's gonna need that research before he hits the road.
All my yapping? You're the one stomping around like a child and calling people names. I think the name I figured you so richly deserve, isn't allowed under the terms of the site.
you just did it for me.
Just did what? Warn him of your impending silliness?

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Nope. As I suggested earlier, Suzuki & Co. could use an electric bus. If mines can use electricity to enable 250 ton trucks to haul ore around, a bus weighing 5 or 6 tons would be easy to come up with.

right. and you'd be willing to let them plug in at your house on their way through the Rockies.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
........... and serve em coffee and sandwiches as well. Y not?
Don't forget, BW, I'm a rural friendly type, not an anal retentive walking bundle of neuroses like you might be. :D

so you expect Suzuki to plan his entire tour around the kindness of strangers?

not much of a business plan.

the point is there's no infrastructure to support a nation-wide tour based on electric power. you guys are expecting Suzuki to make bricks out of straw.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I dunno.

but the next time you go on tour I'm sure standing b's research will be priceless.

You don't know or you won't admit your error.

We must all do our part, that includs those preaching to us about the enviroment.

Is it really that difficult to figure out?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
so you expect Suzuki to plan his entire tour around the kindness of strangers?

not much of a business plan.

the point is there's no infrastructure to support a nation-wide tour based on electric power. you guys are expecting Suzuki to make bricks out of straw.

Actually I think they just expect him to lead by example.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Once again, I must thoroughly agree with you.

I won't claim to know the absolute fact of the matter, but I'm sure if someone from Suzuki's camp, were willing to do the leg work or the networking, they could have found sources to refuel/recharge at.

All the whining and bleating to the contrary seem only to deflect and justify a lack of foresight. Nothing more.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006

he is

its called carbon neutrality. like I said at the outside its a concept that's too difficult for some to grasp, let alone be good enough for those out to put him down.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
he is

its called carbon neutrality. like I said at the outside its a concept that's too difficult for some to grasp.

Riding around in a diesel bus doesn't look very good and it is not leading by example.

Suzuki needs a lesson in PR like I said before.

So, I guess I'll go buy a Hummer but buy stocks in an environmentally friendly company.