David Suzuki compares oil sands industry to slavery

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
What he said and what he was trying to convey aren't the same thing but let's not be coy. He intended to draw a direct line connecting slavery to the oil industry because that's how he gets people would up and maximizes profits.
Next up. . . OIL IS THE HOLOCAUST! But I'll phrase it in a way that lets my little followers claim I never actually said oil IS the Holocaust.

I used to be annoyed at how the mouths thought their audience was that stupid. Until I found out that, in the main, they're right.

Now I'm just amused.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I used to love THE NATURE OF THINGS.
Of course I used to enjoy Q as well.

Never watched Q - thought Ghomeshi was waaay too smarmy. I loved the Nature of Things too - years ago when it was about nature not DS's rantings and ravings. I learned a lot from the program. I met David Suzuki at an airport years ago - at that time I was still an admirer of his as he'd not yet gone off the deep end. I still watch TNOT from time to time but find that Nat Geo covers many of the same subjects as do the countless documentaries carried on PBS stations.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
suzuki has supported eugenics
So what?

Capitalism is freedom. Communism is slavery. Just look at who has fences to keep their citizens in and who has fences to keep the riffraff out.
Of course, many capitalist countries had slavery. Not your arm-waving, butthurt dwama-queen "slavery," the real thing. Ownership of one human being as chattel by another.

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
Capitalism is freedom. Communism is slavery. Just look at who has fences to keep their citizens in and who has fences to keep the riffraff out.
Capitalism is wage slavery and the population being reduced to consumer bots.

So what?

Of course, many capitalist countries had slavery. Not your arm-waving, butthurt dwama-queen "slavery," the real thing. Ownership of one human being as chattel by another.
capitalist countries didn't just have slavery, slavery was basically the early mode of capitalism itself.