Conservatives: Not our job to feed starving Canadian children

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
It's the parent's/guardian's of course but if they can't, then that role should be reassigned!
if kids are hungry the parents are already failing for one reason or another...

who do you reassign it to?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Where do foodbanks fall into what he was saying, does anyone know? Do they count as 'empowering families to feed their kids themselves'?

They provide to families from Corporate and individual donations.
Poverty,inability to provide proper nutrition in this country is shameful.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
At least no one here said that people on welfare have more children to get more welfare. A lot of American right wingers think that. My suggestion is give people on welfare free birth control.

Wow! How Right Wing of you to say that!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
if kids are hungry the parents are already failing for one reason or another...

who do you reassign it to?

Then it becomes a cost to us taxpayers which as compassionate people we are willing to take on (by rights it should be scooped out of the trough the likes of Duffy, Wallin and Harper are wallowing in) to board them with competent and loving people- possibly relatives who have to be compensated.

They provide to families from Corporate and individual donations.
Poverty,inability to provide proper nutrition in this country is shameful.

A child can be properly nourished for a day for the cost of a large coffee at Starbucks.

Reason why Foodbanks usage has exploded?

Because it's acceptable?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
At least no one here said that people on welfare have more children to get more welfare. A lot of American right wingers think that. My suggestion is give people on welfare free birth control.
do people on welfare have to pay for birth control? I think their drugs are free, therefore the pill would not cost anything no?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
do people on welfare have to pay for birth control? I think their drugs are free, therefore the pill would not cost anything no?

Aspirin is cheap and it works really well, when held tightly between the thighs. -:)

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
So anybody without a job is a crackhead or a drunk?
Fire pork-barrel Ottawa and there would be no hungry children in any part of Canada.

I guess we know your favorite hangout now, not a big surprise.

AS usual you don't know $hit. No surprise.

Its been known to happen here too. A few months back someone posted the welfare rates in the US and most places it was far better than minimum wage.

It's the parent's/guardian's of course but if they can't, then that role should be reassigned!

Tricky. You mustn't step on the parent's toes, it is not PC . Which I think is where a lot of our problems stem from. At one time people on welfare got food stamps & a living allowance and rent paid, then some sob sister decided that was demeaning so now they are given the full amount in cash and when they blow most of it up their noses they can apply for emergency aid to cover the rent & food. The same bunch of social workers also decided that it is better to leave a kid with bad parents than good foster parents if at all possible and provide counseling.. Of course social workers also have their own continued paycheques to consider.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
SO you have a mirror do you. Now maybe you can get the help you so desperately need.

I see what I considered to be simple instructions, were too much for you to understand. From your blanket statements concerning poverty and those that are on welfare, I can tell that you don't have 2 working brain cells to rub together. I will lay odds that you have never experienced poverty.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Facts are - Kids are not fed properly
Facts are poverty in a country as rich as Canada is a disgrace.
Facts are the middle and lower income levels have been stagnant for at least a decade, possibly 2.
Facts are- Why argue- the facts speak for themselves.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Facts are the middle and lower income levels have been stagnant for at least a decade, possibly 2.

Bump

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

wonderful, those are "some" of the facts. What should be done about it?