Conservatives blame Media for Canada's failure to address Refugee Crisis

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The media, having extremely short attention span is focusing on the refugees instead of what is happening where they come from that is causing the problem. That being militant islam. The problem will reoccur wherever the refugees end up.

Tell me that isn't the Elephant in the Room!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
May i remind the lefties that those people are responsible for their own troubles? Why should we bail them out and wait for it to start here?
You got a link for that?? All these people that 'are on the move' wouldn't be on the move if their countries didn't have bombs dropping on them, labeled by some NATO member.
Designed famines go along with that, but Canadians and Americans get gas at $0.10 less than if they let people have a good portion of what is is worth.
When people say they care things change, so far the only change is it is getting worse, all for a piece of paper that says 'the west' deserves more than anybody else.

Israel also has a problem with militant islam but there are no refugees coming from Israel.Wonder why that is?
You got all the answers don't you?

A growing exodus of young Israelis to Berlin has not only shocked Israel’s far right leadership but has highlighted the growing disillusionment with Zionism among Israel’s younger generation.
As Israeli commentators noted, the trend would encourage the late Israeli leader, Yitzhak Rabin to turn in his grave. He once described those who fled Israel as a “cascade of wimps” and a “fallout of cowards.” Ravit Hecht, a columnist with Israel’s oldest daily newspaper, Ha’aretz, has blamed ultranationalists for the exodus, and there may well be substance to her claim. “Berlin is a lovely city, but it is sucking away all the forces that we desperately need here, especially now,” she wrote. Of course, it’s not Berlin that’s doing the sucking, but Israel, in a different sense of the word.
- See more at: Tens of Thousands of Jews Leaving Israel for Germany | American Free Press

Sort of like the US, 10,000 millionaires leave the country and 10,000 poor people from Mexico com in and that means there is no exodus from the US either

Israel also has a problem with militant islam but there are no refugees coming from Israel.Wonder why that is?
The only ones that don't run away are the ones throwing the bombs around. You ever have any head injuries, serious or otherwise?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Their religious books says none will be left in the nations. I suppose that is a minor issue when more than 1/2 seem to prefer to live in other nations. Spies or just smart?

It's safer and quieter than ducking fireworks and dodging pinwheels while leaders act like schoolkids

Glacier

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2015
Okanagan
It's hard to know how many refugees are coming simply to get out of Syria, North Africa, etc, but equally, it's hard to know how many are coming to fulfill the doctrine of Al Hijrah (the doctrine of Islamic migration).

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Ok... I'll ask...

I'll ask since MentalFloss just took this as an opportunity to bash conservatives and I am doubtful he really cares about this issue any further than what political impact it will make.

Should Canada take tens of thousands of these migrants in?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Canada has an obligation to at least be following the UN recommendations on Syrian refugees. They haven't met those targets.

These folks came to us for help at a time that we actually had the capacity to help them and we turned them down.

That's nothing short of murder.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
I was listening to the NDP MP out of BC that is involved in this story. His interview today was being played on the radio.

The interviewer asks him what should be done?

He didn't give her a very specific answer.

So, she asks again, but adds, and I won't try to get her words perfect, she adds something like 'what about canada's tradition of accepting refugee?

And, he screwed up imo when he answered "Oh it has been lost,but we can rebuild it by....blah blah blah"

Does he really think he can get away with such a callous and insensitive comment about Canada? I get it that there is an election, but he really thinks that he can use this tragedy to convince us that Canada's tradition of accepting refugees has been lost. I am totally pissed off and offended at such a hack at our traditions for his partisan agenda.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Canada has an obligation to at least be following the UN recommendations on Syrian refugees. They haven't met those targets.

And can you summarize what they are?

I was listening to the NDP MP out of BC that is involved in this story. His interview today was being played on the radio.

The interviewer asks him what should be done?

He didn't give her a very specific answer.

So, she asks again, but adds, and I won't try to get her words perfect, she adds something like 'what about canada's tradition of accepting refugee?

And, he screwed up imo when he answered "Oh it has been lost,but we can rebuild it by....blah blah blah"

Does he really think he can get away with such a callous and insensitive comment about Canada? I get it that there is an election, but he really thinks that he can use this tragedy to convince us that Canada's tradition of accepting refugees has been lost. I am totally pissed off and offended at such a hack at our traditions for his partisan agenda.

May I ask what you think about it and what you think Canada should do?

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
May I ask what you think about it and what you think Canada should do?

I think you guys should go to sites like Home | CMIP 21, spend some time learning and appreciating what Canada has done, then get back to me with your opinion on any political hack that would say that this tradition has been lost.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I think you guys should go to sites like Home | CMIP 21, spend some time learning and appreciating what Canada has done, then get back to me with your opinion on any political hack that would say that this tradition has been lost.

I am just asking a question. I am curious.

What do you think should be done?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Ok... I'll ask...

I'll ask since MentalFloss just took this as an opportunity to bash conservatives and I am doubtful he really cares about this issue any further than what political impact it will make.

Should Canada take tens of thousands of these migrants in?

Not one undocumented alien should be allowed across our borders - not a single one. We have a department of immigration that can handle those who have documentation and it is there they should apply. We have no idea who these people are, where they came from and what agenda, if any, they might have in coming to our country.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
That seems to be the general consensus from both sides of the aisle.

Flossy couldn't even answer clearly.

All it takes is one slip up, one moment of letting your guard down and European countries would be filling up planes heading for Canada before you could say HOCKEY STICKS.