Confused about Christ?

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
It is possible to hate something you think does not exist...

Yes and no, AG.

There is a belief system mislabeled "atheist" (should be "antichrist") which syncretizes the following doctrine and practice: "There is no god and I hate Him." Those who embrace this belief system frequent Christian discussion forums not to seek truth but to despise and antagonize. I'm grateful you're not among them : )

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yes and no, AG.

There is a belief system mislabeled "atheist" (should be "antichrist") which syncretizes the following doctrine and practice: "There is no god and I hate Him." Those who embrace this belief system frequent Christian discussion forums not to seek truth but to despise and antagonize. I'm grateful you're not among them : )
Wow, my passive-aggressive meter just exploded!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Might need recalibration, TB.
Well, yeah. Usually explosion of a meter calls for "recalibration" at least.

Heck, Motar, I got no problem with you. I'll put my position as simply as I can. If you want to believe in a god, a hundred gods, or no god at all I'm perfectly OK with that. If you want to discuss your holy text, or moral issues, or whatever on this or any other board, I'm OK with that too.

I ain't a believer. And whatever hostility I may (and do) have toward one religion or another is based on their effects in the secular world (dead doctors, suicide bombs, etc.). That's against religion, not against god(s).

I've been guilty of going off on that stuff hereabouts more'n once. And I do apologize. To be consistent with my own position, I should let y'all get on with your discussions, and mostly stay out of it, pitching in only when I have a real, non-snarky question.

I ask your pardon for times I fell short of my own position or even ordinary decency. I'll try not to do it again.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Yes and no, AG.

It is rather comical. Although I suppose that some people are not adept enough to express what they believe in written English, so what they say may be easily misinterpreted.
No, I am definitely not an atheist, nor am I a mislabeled "atheist".

BTW, I once hated the Grinch. lol

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Yes and no, AG.

Those people called atheist are not anti-christ but anti-christian, and there is a difference. Christs brother Satan would be the anti-christ, one is positive the other negative. There are christians however and they may be hated because they do exist in the physical world.
What you have to do with real christians is not apparent to me since you have idolized the alleged meaty Jesus you have actually created and worship a false idol, the meat/material resurrected Lord of this World. Take a guess which of the twins that is.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013

Heck, Motar, I got no problem with you. I'll put my position as simply as I can. If you want to believe in a god, a hundred gods, or no god at all I'm perfectly OK with that. If you want to discuss your holy text, or moral issues, or whatever on this or any other board, I'm OK with that too.

I ain't a believer. And whatever hostility I may (and do) have toward one religion or another is based on their effects in the secular world (dead doctors, suicide bombs, etc.). That's against religion, not against god(s).

I've been guilty of going off on that stuff hereabouts more'n once. And I do apologize. To be consistent with my own position, I should let y'all get on with your discussions, and mostly stay out of it, pitching in only when I have a real, non-snarky question.

I ask your pardon for times I fell short of my own position or even ordinary decency. I'll try not to do it again.

I love you, too, TB : ) Hope you know that.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I thought that the anti-christ was the evil-incarnate opposite of Yeshua that shows up around the second coming of Christ.
I won't hold my breath waiting for either.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
It is rather comical. Although I suppose that some people are not adept enough to express what they believe in written English, so what they say may be easily misinterpreted.
No, I am definitely not an atheist, nor am I a mislabeled "atheist".

BTW, I once hated the Grinch. lol

Then Jim Carey exploded the character and you became a fan : )

Those people called atheist are not anti-christ but anti-christian, and there is a difference.

I disagree, DB.

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my name..." (John 15:18-21a NIV)

What you have to do with real christians is not apparent to me...

Apparently : )

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
ahaha
Well, he is a good actor, but back when the movie hadn't been made, I figured out that Dr.Seuss was telling fairy tales and his characters weren't actually real.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Japan lost 4 reactors in a single event and it has always been declared a 'non-event' with little to no danger to the residents, you can't get re-calibrated much more than that.

I thought that the anti-christ was the evil-incarnate opposite of Yeshua that shows up around the second coming of Christ.
I won't hold my breath waiting for either.
Nope, that term is reserved for the 2/3 of the people alive on the planet that die within a few hours on the day the 7th trump sounds.
Zec:13 has that prophecy, Jer:25 lists the Gentile Nations that are sent a warning before the day of judgment arrives with reality. All of Isaiah:65 is about that same group and their place in the place called the 'new earth'. Holding your breath isn't a requirement, if you are at a loss as to what to do you will get some direction.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013

You have some elements of truth there, AG.

"Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour." (1 John 2:18 NIV)

Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son. (1 John 2:22 NIV)

"...but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world." (1 John 4:3 NIV)

"I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist." (2 John 1:7 NIV)

The spirit of the antichrist moves among us and manifests at different times, in various locations and through divers individuals for public speaking engagements. The message is always the same: "The alleged historical figure known as Jesus of Nazareth for whom there is no credible archeological or historical evidence is not God and is not Christ."

A final appearance of this spirit in human history is forecast. Looking forward to the times that follow.

ahaha
Well, he is a good actor, but back when the movie hadn't been made, I figured out that Dr.Seuss was telling fairy tales and his characters weren't actually real.

"A person's a person no matter how small."

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
But he isn't. The Bible is supposed to be the perfect word of God and yet it's very imperfect. Take the story of the birth of Christ. The first four gospels all tell different versions of that event.
If the Bible was the perfect word of God, that story would not have needed multiple tellings with various details added and/or removed.

The Bible consists of the Old Testament (which is the Torah) and the New Testament (which is the 4 Gospels + the acts of the apostles + letters of the apostles and of Paul)

>> The Old Testament as a whole is not the original one: it is the writing of the priest or scribe Ezra son of Siraeh.
http://www.quran-ayat.com/conflicts/index.htm#The_Torah_[or_Hebrew_Bible]_of_Ezra_

>> On the other hand, the 4 Gospels were not written by the disciples of the Christ, but by other men afterwards; these 4 Gospels are the remanants of many other gospels that had been discarded and burnt.

In these books, the original doctrine of the monotheism and the 'exclusive devotion to God alone' which is essentially the First Commandment and details of it ---- this has been distorted; so they are undependable and man should not take these books to base his belief on them because they are not the original ones, and the basic beliefs have been altered in the present Torah and Gospel.

So the one who seeks after the truth and who wants to be with God and to be saved in the Next Life --- he should cling to the Glorious Quran, which is entirely based on the First Commandment and all of it is invitation to God alone and to believe in the Next Life and in all the prophets.

The Disagreement of the

When man believes in the Quran and in Mohammed to whom the Quran was revealed, he will keep his belief in Moses and Jesus and in the Ten Commandments and in the original Torah and Gospel.

Last edited:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Nope, that term is reserved for the 2/3 of the people alive on the planet that die within a few hours on the day the 7th trump sounds.
Zec:13 has that prophecy, Jer:25 lists the Gentile Nations that are sent a warning before the day of judgment arrives with reality. All of Isaiah:65 is about that same group and their place in the place called the 'new earth'. Holding your breath isn't a requirement, if you are at a loss as to what to do you will get some direction.
Whatever the "anti-christ" IS is irrelevant to me. That is just what I thought. It's been a while since I was religious, so I forget stuff. The following link shows what I was "educated" to believe:
Who or what is the "anti-christ?" | Catholic Answers

I don't believe it anymore. As I said, I doubt gods (or devils) give us lowly humans a thought. And I think it is pretty arrogant and egocentric to think that gods would stoop to give us a thought.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Then Jim Carey exploded the character and you became a fan : )

I disagree, DB.

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. They will treat you this way because of my name..." (John 15:18-21a NIV)

Apparently : )

That's what I said. You are worldly in that you worship the meat of jesus, worldlyness. That's why the material world loves you. But I have been chosen to be out of this world as a spiritual christian who does not believe in magic meat, but do believe in the spirit alone.
As long as you believe in the risen meaty Jesus you belong to this material world. Flesh does not come from heaven nor can it get there.

There can't be a christ unless at the very same time there is an anti-christ, these two aspects of the word are inseperable.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
But I have been chosen to be out of this world as a spiritual christian who does not believe...

Gnosticism, DB. Elitist. Exclusive. Christ is co-opted only to lend authority.

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Gnosticism, DB. Elitist. Exclusive. Christ is co-opted only to lend authority.
Christianity today is elitist and exclusive and has nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus. Gnosticism is the original Christianity and came long before Constantine had Jesus deified as Christ.