CNN, Shocked: There Are No US Troops in Haiti!

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
"You actually ask everyone you meet if they are atheist or not? But at any rate, atheists are a minority so it isn't surprising that you wouldn't have met any, especially the ones that advertise the fact."

No, but on Habitat for Humanity build sites there are morning and afternoon prayers. I would think that an atheist would have the integrity to stand aside during those prayers. I have not seen anybody who did not participate.

So, either the atheists there were total hypocrits, or there wasn't any.

Maybe they're just polite?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
"You actually ask everyone you meet if they are atheist or not? But at any rate, atheists are a minority so it isn't surprising that you wouldn't have met any, especially the ones that advertise the fact."

No, but on Habitat for Humanity build sites there are morning and afternoon prayers. I would think that an atheist would have the integrity to stand aside during those prayers. I have not seen anybody who did not participate.
lol When in Rome.....

So, either the atheists there were total hypocrits, or there wasn't any.[/quote]Do you vote in the same places as New Democrats? Were you educated in a secular school? Do you get medical aid in a religious hospital, or a secular one?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

So, either the atheists there were total hypocrits, or there wasn't any.

I am a polytheist myself and totally agree with you on several divergent levels.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I think it's a pretty sad outlook on people if one thinks that some humans believing something differently than one aren't as human as oneself is.
Chevy owners suck because they think Chevy is better than Ford (or Toyota or whatever).:roll:

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
I think it's a pretty sad outlook on people if one thinks that some humans believing something differently than one aren't as human as oneself is.
Chevy owners suck because they think Chevy is better than Ford (or Toyota or whatever).:roll:
Hmmm, I don't think I'd mention Toyota at the moment, lol.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
We have repaired him several times already and we will continue to provide him with the very best medicine we can, even if we have to find better jobs.
Does Provincial disability pay for the SOF subscription as well as the paranoia pills that get traded to hookers?

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
"Would you have any supporting data for that claim? Or is it just your opinion?"

I could, if it wasn't so obvious. Let me ask you, thogh, can you name any city that has an ATHEIST Hospital? I could name any number that has St. Joseph, St. Mary's, etc.

As well, in all my mission trips since 1993, mostly with Habitat for Humanity, I have NEVER met an atheist. But, of course, that is only anecdotal evidence.

I am also willing to bet that very few of the people in Haiti, who are there to help are atheists.

Interesting, which affiliate of HFH are you with?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"Interesting, which affiliate of HFH are you with?"

Presently, none, because of my health I can no longer allows me to do physical work.

But from 1993 to 2007 I was a yearly regular - one or two weeks - on the Homestead, Florida site for Habitat for Humanity, Greater Miami chapter.

I was also involved with the Ed Schryer Project in Canada from 1997 to 2002.

I hope this answers your question.