Climate Change Momentum Now Undeniable

grainfedpraiboy

Electoral Member
Mar 15, 2009
Alberta The Last Best West
Science without propaganda works for me. How about you?

Pfft. I literally wrote the book on climate change fascists being the new religion and coined climate **** shamming before there were ****s to defiantly shame back in the day and I admit it.. However, throwing out the word "propaganda" is meaningless without context. Again, no substance just bluster. To borrow from SCTV you debate like William B Williams.

Now how about answering the question of defining science? It isn't a trick question. Just want to see where you stand on it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Doomsday scenarios of an unprecedented global cataostrophy even though we are still below the 10,000 year mean temperature are science or are they propaganda?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Doomsday scenarios of an unprecedented global cataostrophy even though we are still below the 10,000 year mean temperature are science or are they propaganda?

Remind you of this sad ole story?

grainfedpraiboy

Electoral Member
Mar 15, 2009
Really, your 'belief' in the MSM is proof-positive of AGW or Global Cooling or 'Climate Change' (whatever the f*ck it means)?...

I believe there is not a global conspiracy of the media, government and science to propagandise climate change. can you say the same?

Weren't you the dude that stated that there are 'no facts' in science,

Yes. Science 101. You see, science 101 says all gophers are brown and there are no blue gophers until we see one. Politics 101 says there are no blue gophers PERIOD.

Thanks for playing there Champ.. Lemme see if Vanna has a nice consolation prize for y'all

I love it when you try.

Great.. Another ideologue that when faced with a real question, relies fully on massive deflections and some pathetic bait-and-switch using religion.

Fair enough point. Usually when you come across a passionate climate change denier it doesn't take too much scratching to find a political or religious ideologue. (Never an intellect that's for sure.) I'll figure out which you are organically in due course. I'm leaning to political zealot given that many of your posts so far try to label as some sort of liberal.

PS - any thoughts on how the globe has experienced multiple ice-ages (and warming periods) prior to anthropogenic inputs (hint: 'anthropogenic' is the 'A' in AGW - just thought you'd wanna know)

I'd be happy to open a separate thread if you're game for a serious discussion.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Dunno.

I'm just enjoying your show.

Do you want to play the 97% is actually 33% card?

Or that the are no fossil fuel subsidies? Rofl

Or since cap is here, I can go over the definition of Dutch disease with you guys for the 20th time again.

grainfedpraiboy

Electoral Member
Mar 15, 2009

Doomsday scenarios are simply possibilities. Admittedly the MSM can blow them out of proportion but then, they do that with terrorist attacks, apartment fires etc and that doesn't make the threats of either any less real.

Science is very clear: we are in unknown territory when looking at the climactic record and so there are many different models and obviously most models fail to a degree because all input variable are not fully understood. Science talks of multiple outcome scenarios. few are positive as there is little evidence that the current road we are on leads that way.

Again......please define "science".

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
"Looking at the climate record".....

Which record is that? Monitoring over the past 130ish years or the record provided by the earth over 100s of millions of years.

It's the MSM is it or is it propaganda science?

Real science would be compiling both the negative and positive effects of coming back to average. Where can I find the positives in IPCC materials?

Last edited:

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
And there is no population boom, because if you take the total population and divide it by a billion years it becomes a gradual increase.

Petros logic.

grainfedpraiboy

Electoral Member
Mar 15, 2009
"Real science would be compiling both the negative and positive effects of coming back to average. Where can I find the positives in IPCC materials?

Here's the problem.....there isn't much. Farmer to farmer here is a great example.

It was originally thought and touted that increased CO2 would be beneficial to plants. After all it is a reasonable assumption given that it is essential for plant growth and evidence in greenhouses shows that introducing CO2 helps the plant grow like gangbusters. Then researcher tried it and here is what they found when they tried it in labs and a small forest:

Increased CO2 saw a small growth spike then the opposite started happening. The plants started getting sick and in the experimental forests and the labs they became more diseased and sickly. It was concluded that the phosphorus and nitrogen levels became unbalanced as to the CO2 levels and the short term spike was quickly mitigated by long term decline. I am confident you understand this and given your associations should be able to get the same data

Part of this research is now being applied to help explain why the pine beatle is ravaging our forests.

Population booms don't happen without food. The food supply has been leading the boom.

We eat petroleum. Currently for every calorie consumed it is estimated we eat the equivalent of 10000 petro calories to farm, process, transport and package the food. Even the fertilizer is generally petroleum. Cheap and easy and plentiful food has helped to contribute to a global population boom but it is a false economy as we are converting oil to food essentially.

Think about it.....you're a farmer.....how much food could you produce without fossil fuels? How many people could the world feed without petroleum? A billion? recently anthropologists stated that agriculture 10000 years ago may not have been invented to support religion as previously thought but rather as a response to hitting a wall for hunter gather societies who were starving.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That's all you've got? CO2 and plants? Nothing else? No benefits at all?

Gee, your right, there is no future being average.

grainfedpraiboy

Electoral Member
Mar 15, 2009
That's all you've got? CO2 and plants? Nothing else? No benefits at all?

Gee, your right, there is no future being average.

No.....there is no actual goddamned benefits I am aware of. If there were I would tell you as I have a track record of owning up to contradictory stuff like that.

I could throw out half truth fluff like Canada will likely benefit more than equatorial countries with an open Arctic, weaker winters and longer summers and possibly wetter ones at least in the east but from a global perspective the news is either bad or really really bad depending on how you interpret the data as we know it.

The last time we had this much CO2 in the atmosphere the sea level was 20' higher and our ancestors swung from trees. We increase the concentrations at a rate of 2ppm per year. That means by the middle of this century we will be some where around what the dinosaurs had and if you'll notice, there aren't exactly a lot of dinosaur bones on the equator. That's because it was unbearably hot.

Sure would love it if you would stop dodging the question and tell me what your interpretation of science is.