CBC fires Jian Ghomeshi

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I could never STAND the guy..........I wonder what's up with this?

I definitely can see what you mean but not sure if I agree! He seemed to have an obsession with the bizarre..............................not that there's anything wrong with that! He was a good interviewer.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The nation has lost a great talent a saint some say, I suspect Isis to be behind this attack on a Canadian institution. We will no doubt all be praying for what's his name in the coming-----------hold on, someones at the front door-

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
so champ got his preemptive strike online (at the behest of Navigator) first, now it's up to the media to come back with the other side of the story.

guess we have to be nice and

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I can't wait to hear his replacement, sometime, accidently. WTF does Q mean anyway. Now if we could sack Maryanne Terablemotly who hosts the Current that would leave the entire morning free for conspiracy articles and interviews with farmers and mechanics instead of bull ****ting mongrels and freaks.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Never heard of him.

Then I'd be guessing you've never listened to C.B.C. at 10 A.M. or 10 P.M. every week day! Nothing wrong with that Walter!

I can't wait to hear his replacement, sometime, accidently. WTF does Q mean anyway. Now if we could sack Maryanne Terablemotly who hosts the Current that would leave the entire morning free for conspiracy articles and interviews with farmers and mechanics instead of bull ****ting mongrels and freaks.

yeah, W.T.F. does "Q" mean? I've been struggling with that one for months! It's just not right to keep a guy in that much suspense.:)

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Poor Loc
with all the hate and name calling he has for celebs and politicians it must be pretty crowded with this rent free deal

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Personal opinions about him aside (full disclosure, I actually did like him and his program), if he was fired as he said then that was not right and likely illegal and he's got every right to be upset/psded off and to sue the CBC. What he does or doesn't do in the privacy of his bedroom is NOT the business of his employer. Even they admitted the entire thing was BS but still fired him anyway?

I'd ask the question to those who think he deserves this: if you were in his situation, would you just let it alone and do nothing? Would you be good with the fact you're being fired over your private bedroom life?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
What are the ratings on the CBC these days? It's been decades since I listened to it or watched it save for playoff hockey and then only if the Ranges were playing.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I can't stand the guy.

But if this is a case of the vengeance of a woman scorned, and the sex was consensual, then he is being mistreated in the most vicious manner.

I find it hard to believe the CBC expects their employees to clear their sexual proclivities with management beforehand.

Maybe they are just bugged because it was heterosexual sex. EEEEEWWW.

There could be lots of other things going on. Maybe he had a beef with the management, and this was just a convenient way to terminate him? Who knows. Seems like lots of drama about to erupt.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
There could be lots of other things going on. Maybe he had a beef with the management, and this was just a convenient way to terminate him?

That's often the case and since this particular management regime has no one to answer to they can subject the taxpayers to a huge unlawful dismissal lawsuit/settlement and still rake in their bonuses.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
I think "Q" was the studio the show was done in, I'm not stating that as fact, but I seem to remember hearing that somewhere.
I didn't much care for him or flopalopolis, they were like a couple of characters that didn't quite fit in any niche.
Isn't it odd that he would rush to get his side out to the public, how stupid would cbc brass be not to have a really good story for why they let g on go ? Sounds fishy to me, but then I'm the suspicious type.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Don't worry Jian, your fans submit that you'll return more dominant than ever. ;-)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
As long as it is not taxpayers I don't much care. Never listen to CBC.

99/1 it's going to be the taxpayer! Who else in the country has any money? Don't matter if it's John Deere Tractor or Pilsener Beer, it all boils down to the taxpayer. All you can hope for is you'll be a little happier where you're spending your money! :)