Catholics blame Woodstock for abuse!!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
When you come to think of it, that Woodstock really wasn't much of a benefit to anybody.
The hippies were doing fine until Trudeau bought them off with LIP grants. All the girls started wanting running water and electric stoves. Everybody lost the pioneer spirit. :-(

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The reality of priming a pump or getting the ol' Findlay Oval fired up at forty below soon sorts out the hangers-on.... ;-)
Yup. I hung in there for ten years. I didn't mind any of the chores to keep things together but my partner was getting fed up. Having a kid changed everything for her, but for me it was the impact of a logging truck that did me in.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
As I said, this is what USED to happen, not what is happening now. Continually bringing up what USED to happen does nothing to help promote what is happening now. The Church has made many changes. I see this as a positive as opposed to brainless twits like you.
I happen to think continual reminders of past indiscretions will help stop any complacency or repeating of history.

In case you missed it earlier I said I applaud some of the efforts being made even if they are a little slow and a little late coming.

Which mass or sermon taught you to call people names like 'brainless twits'? Is this an example of good catholic values?

As for "admitting" what was done in the past, I have, numerous times, and I have condemned the heirachy. How many times do I need to do that?

And yet in your quote below you seem to deny it. I understand that you may mean present while she means past but can you see how it comes across as denial?

and being 60 doesn't make you more intelligent, which is more than evident with the post where you state that the Catholic Church hides pedophiles and moves them around to give them new victims.