Catholics blame Woodstock for abuse!!

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Blaming Catholic priests for imaginary wrongdoing has become a very lucrative scam for copy-cat liars.

And why not? The Catholic Church is rich, so why not try to pry some of its wealth away by made up charges and lies? After all, it's also so much easier to blame a group of people who wear unique garb. I am willing to bet a properly conducted lie-detector test would reveal that a large portion of so-called victims are nothing but greedy crooks, cashing in on the politically correct anti-religion, anti-decency, and especially anti-Catholic mood of the world. I am also willing to bet that similar test would show that Catholic priests are no more prone to child abuse than accountants, taxi-drivers, butchers, hamburger-flippers, movie stars or any other profession of any religion and for that matter, of either gender.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
So the catholic church annouced the results of a $1.8 million study today that says the cultural climate of the 60's & 70's was responsible for all the sexual abuse in the church and it had nothing to do with homosexuality or the celibate lifestyle of the priests.

John Jay report: Key findings from study of Catholic child sex abuse - Under God - The Washington Post

Specifically from the linked report:

The $2 million four-year study was partially funded by the Catholic Church, but its findings may be surprising to church critics and apologists alike. Among the conclusions:
-No single ‘cause’ of sexual abuse of minors by Catholic priests is identified.

-The rise in abuse cases in the 1960s and 1970s was influenced by social factors in American society generally. This increase in abusive behavior is consistent with the rise in other types of ‘deviant’ behavior, such as drug use and crime, as well as changes in social behavior, such as an increase in premarital sexual behavior and divorce.

-Features and characteristics of the Catholic Church, such as an exclusively male priesthood and the commitment to celibate chastity, were invariant during the increase, peak and decrease in abuse incidents, and thus are not causes of the ‘crisis.’
-Although no specific institutional cause for the increase in incidence was found, factors specific to the Catholic Church contributed to the decline in the mid-1980s.​
So people having sex before they're married, using drugs and having divorces are linked to priests diddling little boys?

They did say it was "Influenced" by these things.

Factors specific to the RCC contributed to the decline in child abuse & molestation in the 80's?

No, if anything, people coming forward and reporting their abuse & police taking action against priests for their abuse is what contibuted to the decline.

Why did the abuse seem to increase in the 60's & 70's and then start to drop in the 80's?

I'll tell you why very clearly and simply using basic common sense:

Because before the 60's, questioning authority, standing up for yourself, not conforming to the norm and challenging your religious leaders was unheard of and accusing your local priest of fondling your d*ck would have had you cast out of town or beaten to death and dumped on the side of the highway somewhere.

It's like when people wouldn't come forward to report sexual assaults, abuse from their parents or other types of similar criminal activities back then..... because a stigma was attached to doing that and somehow the impression that it was your fault or you asked for it was always a concern..... and it's what kept so many people's mouths shut and made them suffer in silence.

It wasn't until the 60's & 70's that people started to stand up to authority, to start thinking for themselves and to speak out about what they felt was wrong...... people began to tell others that it wasn't your fault, that what was done to you was a crime and that you never asked for it.

And eventually the Government, laws & police started to agree...... and they sought out these freaks and began tossing their asses in jail.

It began to decline in the 80's because of this and because priests started to figured out that their special status in the community wasn't going to protect them anymore.

Speaking as a former Roman Catholic, this entire report is a complete insult, a clear avoidance of responsibility and a mockery of what their victims went through & fought. To try and pass the buck of their abuse being the fault of society in general for doing things they deemed immoral, which had no direct involvement in their diddling of little kids is pathetic...... and if they knew or believed in anything that they preach to their followers, they would know very damn well that continuing this avoidance of responsibility and passing the blame onto everybody else but themselves would be one of the biggest sins they could ever commit........ and until they can figure out how to take full responsibility for what they have been involved in, until they can start to correct their ways and ensure this type of crap will never happen again to the extent that it has..... they deserve no forgiveness and they deserve no following, because they're a corrupt institution based on flawed morals.

And to think they wasted that much money on a report that says nothing and solves nothing just adds on top of it all.

It's not just pathetic.... it's sickening.

That's not what the report said, but why let facts get in the way of your hatred.

The moment I see any facts in the report, I'll let you know.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Yes, it's too bad that so many people have vivid imaginations.

I stand by my claim that some of these alleged victims are nothing but despicable gold-diggers and they have far better and more vivid imagination than any recollection of any victimization.

They remind me of my neutered male dog who insisted on humping other dogs, when 'he' could not have any real recollection of why doing it.

Aside from the primal urges, the only thing that distinguish these gold digging lying predators from my dog is that my dog had enough honesty not doing it for money.

The Catholic Church is a very forgiving entity. Why fight a ridiculous charge, when the teaching is that you forgive your enemies?

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I stand by my claim that some of these alleged victims are nothing but despicable gold-diggers and they have far better and more vivid imagination than any recollection of any victimization.

They remind me of my neutered male dog who insisted on humping other dogs, when 'he' could not have any real recollection of why doing it.

Trying to brush of the issue because a few out of thousands may have been fibbing is an absolute joke. You are probably buying into their excuse it wan't the priest's fault and it was the hippies. Maybe you think all the altar boys got together and held the priest down and made him fondle them and f*ck them up the a*s so they could then get money from the church.

Last edited by a moderator:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007

Aside from the primal urges, the only thing that distinguish these gold digging lying predators from my dog is that my dog had enough honesty not doing it for money.

The Catholic Church is a very forgiving entity. Why fight a ridiculous charge, when the teaching is that you forgive your enemies?

I'll remember this when you take a wrong turn down a back road and get anally raped by some hillbillies.

"Squeal Like a Pig Boy!! WWWEEERRRR WWEEEERRRRR WWEEEERRRRRR!!!!!"

You'll come crying to the police or on here and we'll all just sit and laugh at you.

I know I will.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
I'm convinced you're right, your anecdotal commentary is all I needed.

:roll:

Yeah, well I sure haven't seen you post any of these facts or anything from the report to refute what everybody else in here has been saying. :roll:

You got a lot to say, but no substance.

In fact, you and Jack are the only ones in here I see posting anecdotal commentary, while everybody else is actually posting in relation to the report, it's so-called findings and what was said.

Thanks for playing though...... you saying so must make it so I guess.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

I missed the part where you said some were false.

I agree that, obviously, some were false.
And you must agree that some priests are child abusers.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
I'll remember this when you take a wrong turn down a back road and get anally raped by some hillbillies.

"Squeal Like a Pig Boy!! WWWEEERRRR WWEEEERRRRR WWEEEERRRRRR!!!!!"

You'll come crying to the police or on here and we'll all just sit and laugh at you.

I know I will.

Since you already assume the worst about me, what makes you think I would not ENJOY the experience?

I missed the part where you said some were false.

I agree that, obviously, some were false.
And you must agree that some priests are child abusers.

Yes, I do, sadly, knowing that some priests are no better than anyone else.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Thanks for playing though...... you saying so must make it so I guess.

Ya, an excellent defence for having your anecdotal evidence called out.

The report is right there, have at it. Why do I have to post snippets? You quoted the article, why don't you actually read the report before you condemn it.

I'm not RC and I really don't care either way. I'm just having fun watching the usual suspects blather their usual nonsensical hate based BS. The best part is, a couple months from now, I might post something derogatory about Muslims, and I'll watch the same suspects fall all over each other, to thrash me for intolerance.

I can't wait. I'll see you there.

Last edited:

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
You really are an idiot!

Trying to brush of the issue because a few out of thousands may have been fibbing is an absolute joke. You are probably buying into their excuse it wan't the priest's fault and it was the hippies. Maybe you think all the altar boys got together and held the priest down and made him fondle them and f*ck them up the a*s so they could then get money from the church.

PoliticalNick, I have hard time not to sink to your level and call you what you called me, but disagreement in normal people's world is not a valid reason to be abusive.

Where you and I are disagree is the numbers. I say that there were a FEW legitimate child abuse cases by Catholic priests, and there were far more were claims by gold-digging fortune-hunters who, very astutely realized the profitability of alleged victimhood, while you claim the opposite.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
The same people who would like to see that nutty preacher jailed for burning the quran would cheer if they saw someone burning a Bible.....
Only one of those two actions is "politically correct"

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Sorry, CDNBear, my site does not clearly indicate the area where I have to click for + or -.

Sorry, I did it again, let me assure you, inadvertantly and in undue haste.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
The same people who would like to see that nutty preacher jailed for burning the quran would cheer if they saw someone burning a Bible.....
Only one of those two actions is "politically correct"

Nah everyone knows that when that nutty preacher burns a quran some nutty fundy is going to go kill someone over it.
When someone burns a bible people just they they are stupid, unable to listen to reason and will probably end up shot in the long run anyway.

Nothing to do with being politically correct, just managing the angry drunk at the party takes a different tact than managing the rest rest of the guests.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Sorry, CDNBear, my site does not clearly indicate the area where I have to click for + or -.

Sorry, I did it again, let me assure you, inadvertantly and in undue haste.
No worries Jack.

Nah everyone knows that when that nutty preacher burns a quran some nutty fundy is going to go kill someone over it.
Do they? I thought Muslims were misunderstood peaceful people.
When someone burns a bible people just they they are stupid, unable to listen to reason and will probably end up shot in the long run anyway.
Why would they get shot?
Nothing to do with being politically correct, just managing the angry drunk at the party takes a different tact than managing the rest rest of the guests.
That's why I prefer to make a well informed list of welcome guests.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007

Some may be but that has absolutely no relevance to the rest of them. Other than when one group is exposed for the horrible things they did and allowed to continue when they were found out, there is also someone who will try and cash in on it.

So more scumbags in the world. Doesn't change a thing that catholic priests have done to children left in the care of their authority.

As far forgiveness, the Vatican seems to be first and foremost in forgiving Catholics for raping children. Though many have said so, few Catholics seem to get that what they did isn't something everyone can just get over as quickly as they can.