Canadian soldier's body on its way home

snfu73

disturber of the peace
Well you knew the pot called the kettle black don't you. Everybody's make great points yet everybody is sort of ranting about the others. No biggie. I think we should honour the fallen soldier even if the war is unjust. But the fact still remains the war is unjust. Sort of a catch 22 thingy. Not really an upside.:wave:
Ahhhh....ya...okay....I see what your saying...I'm down with you. Well, this is why I am kinda backing both of those guys...I mean, they both are making good points about the situation. I mean, the war does suck....honouring the dead is noble. I don't know...it's also a very emotional topic...and, as can be seen by this thread, seems to generate some heat...lol.

Reactions: eh1eh

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
I'm saddened by anyone sacrificed to injustice and corruption...particularly when clothed in the pumped-up terrorist climate of today. Our young people shouldn't even be involved in this "war". If financial and trade sanctions was honestly expected to be sufficient in stopping Saddam Hussein and Iraq from building WMD and posing a threat to the world, how is it that a shooting war in Afghanistan is more pressing? Why hasn't anyone answered my question regarding why the poppy fields and the criminals behind the Taliban regime haven't been brought to justice? Why is it that our attention is focused on the cruelty of this kind of event when the larger horror of the entire affair deserves accountability from those behind the carnage?

snfu73

disturber of the peace
I'm saddened by anyone sacrificed to injustice and corruption...particularly when clothed in the pumped-up terrorist climate of today. Our young people shouldn't even be involved in this "war". If financial and trade sanctions was honestly expected to be sufficient in stopping Saddam Hussein and Iraq from building WMD and posing a threat to the world, how is it that a shooting war in Afghanistan is more pressing? Why hasn't anyone answered my question regarding why the poppy fields and the criminals behind the Taliban regime haven't been brought to justice? Why is it that our attention is focused on the cruelty of this kind of event when the larger horror of the entire affair deserves accountability from those behind the carnage?
My opinion on the poppies is to turn that into a legitimate business where the folks can make legitimate money with their crop and can pull away from the taliban. Morophine is in high demand around the world for medical use. Morophine is a derivitave of the poppy. If a those poppies could be used for legit pharmacuticals purchased by the west, and keep it off the streets as heroin...I think that would be a good thing for the people of afghanistan AND the west. It would be the development of an industry to help support the nation, with western dollars coming in to help build things up, give people jobs, etc...and the west gets the medicine that is in demand. Sounds like a win win situation...unless there is something I don't know?

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Big pharmaceutical corporations guided by the wealthy leaders of tomorrow want exclusivity and to capture the corner on supply.... Once again we see the best interests of the many sacrificed to ensure the wealth of the few...those ambitious successful potential leaders....

snfu73

disturber of the peace
Big pharmaceutical corporations guided by the wealthy leaders of tomorrow want exclusivity and to capture the corner on supply.... Once again we see the best interests of the many sacrificed to ensure the wealth of the few...those ambitious successful potential leaders....
Well...then...something she be done to prevent that from happening. A nice collective of poppie growers...essentially a union. They pretty much will have a monolopy on the market, so that gives the farmers some power. I don't think it necessarily has to play out as you have described it...I think that is the worst case scenario...

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I will honor the slain military even if it is one or two posts speaking my gratitude.

Again it isn't about me or any of the detractors here .... it is about the slain soldier. It always will be.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
I will honor the slain military even if it is one or two posts speaking my gratitude.

Again it isn't about me or any of the detractors here .... it is about the slain soldier. It always will be.
Okayyyyy...that's....fine. If that is what it is about to you, good...nobody is saying it can't be...or shant be...or what have you....

I don't see any detractors....I see discussion....I see thoughts...I see interesting conversation....but I don't see anyone detracting.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
SNFU

It isn't even about what you think you "see" either....it isn't about any of us at all....

You want a rational discussion? Start one.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Je me Souviens.
SNFU

It isn't even about what you think you "see" either....it isn't about any of us at all....

You want a rational discussion? Start one.
Bless you WC.
Like what?

Like this...

A Fathers Pride.

The men they marched
The same in stride

But the one he loved
The one that died

Stood out with grace
A stern face, resolved to free

He stood his ground
He would not flee

His heart, a lions
Strength and bravery

He would give his
To end their slavery

A fathers pride.

----------------------------------

Oh Great Spirit,
Here my prayer.

Take care of those,
that have fought and fallen.
Let them know,
they are not forgotten.

A payment in blood,
the price demanded.
Vanquish our foes,
their inner voices commanded.

We hear a new voice now
and loud it screams.
End our wars,
peace is our dream.

No Soldier died,
nor did one bleed.
Because in his heart,
war had need.

Purge their thoughts,
of these deniers.
While you keep them warm,
by the councils fires.

Let them know,
we see their faces.
While we pass down their stories,
of these hellish places.

Stories now dying,
day by day.
as the tellers are all,
coming your way.

Hold them up
and praise their honour.
The legacy they leave,
I will not let them squander.

Oh Great Spirit,
hear my prayer.

Let them know,
That we still care.

My Boy...

My Pride...

Brothers in Arms, tribute.

Je me Souviens!

Last edited:

snfu73

disturber of the peace
Je me Souviens.

Bless you WC.

Like this...

A Fathers Pride.

The men they marched
The same in stride

But the one he loved
The one that died

Stood out with grace
A stern face, resolved to free

He stood his ground
He would not flee

His heart, a lions
Strength and bravery

He would give his
To end their slavery

A fathers pride.

----------------------------------

Oh Great Spirit,
Here my prayer.

Take care of those,
that have fought and fallen.
Let them know,
they are not forgotten.

A payment in blood,
the price demanded.
Vanquish our foes,
their inner voices commanded.

We hear a new voice now
and loud it screams.
End our wars,
peace is our dream.

No Soldier died,
nor did one bleed.
Because in his heart,
war had need.

Purge their thoughts,
of these deniers.
While you keep them warm,
by the councils fires.

Let them know,
we see their faces.
While we pass down their stories,
of these hellish places.

Stories now dying,
day by day.
as the tellers are all,
coming your way.

Hold them up
and praise their honour.
The legacy they leave,
I will not let them squander.

Oh Great Spirit,
hear my prayer.

Let them know,
That we still care.

My Boy...

My Pride...

Brothers in Arms, tribute.

Je me Souviens!
Your right...I'm not getting it...I'm not getting what you are trying to tell me exactly. I mean, those are lovely words. You seem to have strong feelings. But...how does this affect the rest of the conversation? Or how does it tie in? I don't even know what I'm asking, because I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be asking.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Your right...I'm not getting it...I'm not getting what you are trying to tell me exactly. I mean, those are lovely words. You seem to have strong feelings. But...how does this affect the rest of the conversation?
How many threads do you need to trash the Americans, the war, friendly fire etc.?

Can one thread be about the fallen Soldier in the article?

Or how does it tie in?
You asked WC, "Like what?", I posted my sorrow for the fallen, a Soldier that was someones son, brother. Do I have to break it down into smaller words or do you think you're up to speed now?

I don't even know what I'm asking, because I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be asking.
Of this I have no doubt.

How about some respect?