Canadian Cop beats doctor on her way to see patients - she was speeding

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I do find it unusual, indicating that she was to see patients in another jurisdiction.. But that doesn't make her guilty of anything, it's just unusual.

It's not at all unusual out this way to have doctors living 100 Km from a hospital or clinic. Is she a psychiatrist who sees emergency patients in more than one clinical setting? It's not that unusual. I suspect the same is true for the rest of the country.

She's a DDS.

With a dental office on Jasper Avenue, Edmonton.

It's really not that strange. Plenty of people live 100 km away from work, doctors are no different.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
It's not at all unusual out this way to have doctors living 100 Km from a hospital or clinic. Is she a psychiatrist who sees emergency patients in more than one clinical setting? It's not that unusual. I suspect the same is true for the rest of the country.

Edmonton and Camrose are not lacking for professional services, but there is certainly no reason that she can't have as many work locations as she sees fit.

Why I do find this unusual is that dentists operate on a fee-for-service basis and the opportunity cost in terms of a 3 hour round trip (ie not earning fees) would be of significance.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Sure Cliffy.

Why not ask this basic question: What was the good Doctor doing travelling 1.5 hours from Camrose to the nearest Edmonton hospital?... A house call ya think? On that note, sounds like she was refusing to roll down her window to address the cop.

Like I said, I think that there is a lot more to this story than what is at the surface

And just WTF has that got to do with the price of rice in China? When are cop pulls you over it's usually because of how you are driving, not where you are driving!

Edmonton and Camrose are not lacking for professional services, but there is certainly no reason that she can't have as many work locations as she sees fit.

Why I do find this unusual is that dentists operate on a fee-for-service basis and the opportunity cost in terms of a 3 hour round trip (ie not earning fees) would be of significance.

Maybe she was combining it with a visit to her boy friend. WGAF?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

Maybe she has a husband who works in Camrose whose work does require him to be close to the office? Anyways, I don't think this is really part of the story at all.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
Maybe she has a husband who works in Camrose whose work does require him to be close to the office?

Maybe

Anyways, I don't think this is really part of the story at all.

I think that there are parts of this saga that have yet to make into the media's purvue.... The manner in which the event has been presented just doesn't make enough sense for me to be able to stretch that far

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006

Point is there are countless reasons why she may choose to live so far away from where she works. It's not like her wages dictate that she has to live near work by necessity.

I think that there are parts of this saga that have yet to make into the media's purvue.

Of course. In the end her version maybe the closest to reality, but that's the lawyers job to argue.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Maybe
I think that there are parts of this saga that have yet to make into the media's purvue.... The manner in which the event has been presented just doesn't make enough sense for me to be able to stretch that far
This is an internet forum, dontcha know....where every possible scenario (relevance unimportant) is rehashed ad nauseum, and the subject is dissected to a point where we forget what the original story was... :lol:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
This is an internet forum, dontcha know....where every possible scenario (relevance unimportant) is rehashed ad nauseum, and the subject is dissected to a point where we forget what the original story was... :lol:

I see certain issues (like this one) a little different - more along the lines of people jumping to conclusions and then condemning someone based on limited or incomplete info.

Personally, I have no problems with cops at all... Doesn't mean that there are no bad ones or crazy incidents, but this lady's side of the story is the only side considered at this point and to be honest, what she says is significant enough that it requires a strong analysis.

She has left out some really important things in her story and that's what I'd like to gain knowledge of (unlikely as that is)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
It was quite the beating though guys...there are pictures of her with her hospital gown on and she is bruised all across her abdomen and her legs...either her body bruises easily or she was really knocked about.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
At least the police are no longer profiling they'll beat the hell out of anybody now.
Why have professionals been except from a good beating until now? Not only
did he beat up a Doctor, he beat up a woman and that is the second lowest life
form in my book. Child molesters are the lowest but these guys are right behind.
This guy should be suspended without pay like anyone else who is fired and be
paid only if they win the arbitration case or the court case. That is the way
everyone else would be treated. And these out of control cops who are found to
be guilty, should go to prison. We also must explore some form of prosecution
that is fair. The RCMP needs a civilian review board to handle these cases and
a special prosecutor should be called in. Special Prosecutors would concentrate
solely on police misconduct cases.
As for personal interaction. I have not really had problems with police except on
one occasion. His partner finally stepped in and that was the end of it. Most of
the police and the ones I know, do their job without personal interaction incidents
The problem is the training, recruiting and screening has gone all to hell and the
big boys have to be shaken up

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I see certain issues (like this one) a little different - more along the lines of people jumping to conclusions and then condemning someone based on limited or incomplete info.

The important conclusions here are easily gleaned- a woman had her face smashed in by a member of society who is paid to protect us. His conduct is of paramount importance, hers isn't particularly (beyond recording and passing on to the courts).

At least the police are no longer profiling they'll beat the hell out of anybody now.
Why have professionals been except from a good beating until now? Not only
did he beat up a Doctor, he beat up a woman and that is the second lowest life
form in my book. Child molesters are the lowest but these guys are right behind.
This guy should be suspended without pay like anyone else who is fired and be
paid only if they win the arbitration case or the court case. That is the way
everyone else would be treated. And these out of control cops who are found to
be guilty, should go to prison. We also must explore some form of prosecution
that is fair. The RCMP needs a civilian review board to handle these cases and
a special prosecutor should be called in. Special Prosecutors would concentrate
solely on police misconduct cases.
As for personal interaction. I have not really had problems with police except on
one occasion. His partner finally stepped in and that was the end of it. Most of
the police and the ones I know, do their job without personal interaction incidents
The problem is the training, recruiting and screening has gone all to hell and the
big boys have to be shaken up

You're talking sense here, Grumpy. -:)

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
The rain it raineth on the just
And, also on the unjust fella;
But it raineth more upon the just,
For the unjust hath the just's umbrella.

Baron Bowen

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
The rain it raineth on the just
And, also on the unjust fella;
But it raineth more upon the just,
For the unjust hath the just's umbrella.

Baron Bowen

“When I hear of an 'equity' in a case like this, I am reminded of a blind man in a dark room - looking for a black hat - which isn't there”

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

With a dental office on Jasper Avenue, Edmonton.

It's really not that strange. Plenty of people live 100 km away from work, doctors are no different.

I don't care how far her commute is. That's not important.

The news stories almost makes it out like this broad was on her way to 'save lives' or something. They don't say whether she's Dr. Scholl, Dr. Who, Dr. Ho or a Doctor Doctor.

She's a friggin' dentist. :lol:

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
oh! I know! I know!

She told him his mother wears army boots... and... you know... quite understandably... he loses it!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
In a way, you have already made your decision here
I believe she was beaten... I ponder whether or not it could have been avoided.

Although I do not wish to blame the victim, I sometimes think certain conclusions can end in various ways. I have worked around violent people; you can push them up, or bring them down.

I know it was not her job to level his anger but from my point of view she would have won had she shut up and complied. I would rather lose the battle and win the war. That is always my ultimate goal in every situation not to be right or even appear to be right but to win. Victory can mean various things to various people.

I am a big picture person. Minutiae means little to me. The bigger piece here for me would have been to escape uninjured. She threatened him saying she would begin to record him. To me at that point she lost. She should have stfu and just begun to record him.

Same with the guy in the car when he refused the breathalyzer and went back to confront the police about them speaking with his son. He was not the power in control. He should have realized that and complied and lived to fight another day. As it was his behaviour led to his nine month pregnant wife left alone on the street in the middle of the night with his kids.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

We can say, well the police should not have acted that way. Yeah well, people can be stupid and police are people ergo some are stupid. Why risk life and limb when it is entirely unnecessary, especially in a situation in which I am not the one in control.

Walk away and plan your fight.