Canadian bus beheading

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
If you were in Nashville in 1961, and were at the Ryman Auditorium, you might have heard Patsy singing 'Crazy'. This is a live recording of her performing there.

This is the Ryman, and farther down, Patsy singing what was then, her latest hit record.

No mental illnesses were hurt or killed in the making of this post.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYtrGjJOMpE

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Does not sound like someone bearing an ounce of guilt for his crime. I'd keep an eye on him, Jonnny........maybe a close one at that.

You should see him when he is whiskey drunk... He lingers around because my friends are still friends with him.... We only keep him around as "Back-up"... I cant stand him.personally

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Good to see he was discharged.

Canadian justice is the best in the world.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
That's just unreal, something is seriously wrong with our system. This is a matter of public safety, he's already been shown to be unreliable with taking his medication. For him to be granted a complete discharge it has to be proven that there is no risk to public safety. How could this possibly be established given the facts?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Good to see he was discharged.

Canadian justice is the best in the world.

You are a disgusting human being. This is not justice. He is a murderer who WILL murder again. Without the discharge, he could have had his medications monitored. While taking them, he is stable. But last time he just stopped and became unstable. It is not an unreasonable expectation that after you brutally murder somebody you have some conditions.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Our justice system releases paedophiles who risk repeating again just as Cliffy showed in the article he posted in the other thread. Our justice system needs an over haul

Didnt think that one through eh mentalfloss?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Our justice system releases paedophiles who risk repeating again just as Cliffy showed in the article he posted in the other thread. Our justice system needs an over haul

Didnt think that one through eh mentalfloss?
What other thread?

I am personally flabbergasted at this decision. I keep think how I would feel if that was my kid on the bus. And not only that, if he doesn't take his meds he will drift.....

The man who killed and beheaded a fellow bus passenger has been granted an absolute discharge, eight years after he was found not criminally responsible for the murder.

Manitoba's Criminal Code Review Board said Friday that Baker was no longer a “significant threat” to public safety.

The Review Board has taken into account the safety of the public, which is the paramount consideration, the present mental condition of Mr. Baker and his reintegration into society and his other needs,” the Board wrote in its decision.

The mother of Tim McLean, Carol de Delley, had argued against Baker’s release.

“If I had my way, he would remain in a facility,” she told CTV News Channel earlier this week.

Man found not criminally responsible for bus beheading gets absolute discharge | CTV News

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Best someone get busy plastering photos of him all over the city where he now resides as a warning to people that this murderer is loose among them. I consider him to be an ongoing danger to the public.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
It's interesting, if the review board is so proud of this decision, I wonder why they would wait till 5:00pm on a friday to release it to the public? Truth is, no one withan ounce of integrity would be okay with setting this guy free without any conditions. This decision completely disregards public safety and the Criminal Code Review Board knows it. Every one of these idiots is complicit if anyone else gets hurt.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
People here think they know better than our justices.

That's enough to tell me I'm right.

A job well done I say.

And for all you narrow-minded, dismissive hosers in here

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
hope he doesn't move to the GTA and eat your wife or kid or something.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Fortunately Canada's justice system does not copy that of the US. It may err occasionally, but it doesn't waste nearly as much money handing out excessively long jail terms. Has it erred in this case? Perhaps, but only time will tell.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Fortunately Canada's justice system does not copy that of the US. It may err occasionally, but it doesn't waste nearly as much money handing out excessively long jail terms. Has it erred in this case? Perhaps, but only time will tell.
We will know when the next beheading happens. What responsibility does the justice system carry on this?