Canadian actress Ellen Page comes out of the closet.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
That's true. But there are some actors that still won't come out of the closet (not that they need to, mind you) due to fear of backlash, particularly if they are members of Scientology.

If they're members of Scientology then they have bigger problems than being in the closet.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
If they're members of Scientology then they have bigger problems than being in the closet.

*loud knocking on SLM's door*

"Hello! Scientologists calling. You sullied our good name, so we have something to give you!"

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I think Tom Cruise did a better job of sullying their name just by his actions than SLM could have.

As Sheldon would say... "BAZINGA!"

When he leapt onto Oprah's couch proclaiming his love for Katie (or Kathryn as he later said her name was, NOT Katie), I figured he was nuttier than last year's fruitcake. I must admit that I love the Meme that shows him shooting lightning from his hands (ala the baddie from Star Wars) and blasting Oprah.;)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

When he leapt onto Oprah's couch proclaiming his love for Katie (or Kathryn as he later said her name was, NOT Katie), I figured he was nuttier than last year's fruitcake. I must admit that I love the Meme that shows him shooting lightning from his hands (ala the baddie from Star Wars) and blasting Oprah.;)

He's a freak. A class A freak.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Tell that to all the people who committed suicide over the issue. Bigots care and they make life a living hell for people they see as different.

You realize you're talking to someone who's idea of a thread contribution consists of bragging about *ahem* sexual exploits?

It's not, just both are something people wouldn't desire, I could have just as easily said leprosy! -:)

That's not any better.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
There were plenty who had no clue. Rip Torn as well. They were around when it was still illegal.

I was around then too. There was a different name for it, but everyone I knew suspected him but back then your private life was,
well, private, and would also say they had no clue, but they did. Sure there were the marriages and divorces of celebrities, but extra marital affairs and other shenannigans were kept private, lest they become scandalous, don't rock the boat. Nowadays they seem to be badges of honour. Coming out as gay now is just ho hum, and it seems eveyone wants to make thier business everyone else's business, and the the more shock value the better. Hey, its what makes Facebook and Twitter, and TMZ and paparazzi work, right?

Or a phone booth! -:)

I'm not a small feller, but five guys my size fit into an Austin Mini to go get donairs after beers in Moncton one night, we barely got the donairs to fit :laughing4:.

Last edited: