Canada's population surpasses 33 million.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Humans are going to grow ourselves right off the planet some day unless we clue in that unlimited growth and development is not a good thing. Stability is vastly more important.

Excessive stability can be as bad as unlimited growth as it leads to stagnation which is a slower way to die than just using all the resources we need to survive. We need slower, sustainable growth that continues to let us evolve.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
33 million? That's nothing, especially for a country the size of the whole of Europe.

Britain has a population of 63 million, and it will rise to 75 million by 2040.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
33 million? That's nothing, especially for a country the size of the whole of Europe.

Britain has a population of 63 million, and it will rise to 75 million by 2040.

Yeah, but you're still a bunch of crooked tooth wankers... just saying.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Yeah, but you're still a bunch of crooked tooth wankers... just saying.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Typical Stats Canada, they provide enough links and numbers to confuse anybody .
I wonder if anyone is checking how much they are costing us and if the information is relevant !!

Durrr, the Census data is not really current. The population clock is a projection using growth rates...Derrp

I think most people would be able to differentiate between enumeration by Census, and adding projections to the latest Census...

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Durrr, the Census data is not really current. The population clock is a projection using growth rates...Derrp

I think most people would be able to differentiate between enumeration by Census, and adding projections to the latest Census...
Take into account that some people are confused by facts and figures. By his own admission, Durrp is one among a few others on here.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Do we want to? :lol:

I just find it interesting that our country has less population than one state, although, when
one drives from one end of california to the other, it seems much less populated than 37 mill.

I love california, I could easily live there, as long as I am close to the ocean, as I am now.