Canada’s GDP growth soars to 2.9% in second quarter – exports hit 4-year record

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Tell us about that, pigs. We're all ears.
I did , not all sailors are Royal Canadian Navy . Nice name eh . Thanks Steven Harper , sounds much better than Canadian Forces . But I digress , many Canadian sailors have never been members in either of those August institutions. And those guys have more then two nickles to rub together . Unlike you .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I did , not all sailors are Royal Canadian Navy . Nice name eh . Thanks Steven Harper , sounds much better than Canadian Forces . But I digress , many Canadian sailors have never been members in either of those August institutions. And those guys have more then two nickles to rub together . Unlike you .
I have been around Esquimalt , our poor sailors don’t get paid enough to fit the drunken sailor mould .

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Nobody finances drunken sailors, I can tell you from early experience.

========================================================================================================

PEA BRAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals generally PRINT THEIR OWN MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They DO NOT NEED BANKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until INFORMED PEOPLE get a look at their books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or have you not heard of the fate that befell Wynne-bag LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is the same fate that is falling on Our idi0t Boy Justin and his gang of Fake News purveyors as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is an article illustrating how hostile much of the Cdn public is to LIE-beral climate Crap! With some comments of my own in brackets):

Don't let climate alarmists muzzle your skepticism. By Lorne Gunter , Edmonton Sun. First posted: Saturday, January 07, 2017 06:00 PM EST

Don MacIntyre is the Wildrose Shadow Minister for Electricity & Renewables and spoke to media of the Carbon Levy, levy rebates at the Alberta Legislature on January 1, 2017. (Photo by Shaughn Butts / Postmedia Network)

Two things happened in Alberta politics this week that demonstrate just how zealous “green” politicians everywhere are about the theory that human activities are causing dangerous climate change.

Under pressure from voters over the $3-billion-a-year carbon tax that it brought in on Jan. 1, Alberta’s NDP government lashed back.

First, on Tuesday the NDP caucus officially demanded that Wildrose Leader Brian Jean remove MLA Don MacIntyre from his post as opposition critic for renewable energy and electricity.

Why? Had MacIntyre been pilfering funds from taxpayers? Had he been harassing interns? Making racist statements?

No. MacIntyre’s sin was expressing doubts about the manmade climate change theory. In short, the NDP wanted MacIntyre removed for exercising his right to free expression.

(Well I am thinking that climate change deniers are not terribly bright- but it IS A FACT that the LIE-beral Carbon crap and trade scam will NOT clean the air- it will only clean wallets. For proof all we need to do is study the now very much disgraced European carbon crap and trade mess that LIE-berals modelled their version on!)

The NDP didn’t want to counter MacIntyre’s opinions with their own. They wanted MacIntyre’s views branded as lies. And they wanted him shut up.

Attempts to censor climate change skeptics is an increasing tactic of the climate alarmists, with some American alarmists launching a racketeering lawsuit against skeptics and Canadian eco-activist David Suzuki calling on governments to jail skeptics.

Alberta’s NDP also sought to justify their imposition of a carbon tax on everything that moves in Alberta (and every home that is heated and every light that is switched on) by claiming that at least one American state – Washington – is doing the same thing. On the Tuesday edition of CBC TV’s Power and Politics, Alberta Environment Minister Shannon Phillips insisted Washington would soon have a tax similar to Alberta’s.

(LIE-beral greed and lust for power at any price are so huge they cannot look at themselves in a mirror! LIES MUST be the order of the day so LIE-berals can sleep at night without feeling like complete PIGS!)

Except the state of Washington isn’t imposing a carbon tax. Indeed, in November Washington voters rejected a statewide plebiscite (59% to 41%) to enact a carbon tax. Later Phillips claimed that what she meant was that since the failure of the plebiscite, Washington Governor Jay Inslee has asked state legislators to consider imposing one despite voters clear rejection of such a tax.

Alberta’s New Democrats, like greenies everywhere, want to muzzle any opinion on climate change that differs from their own extreme views, while making up facts that make their opinions look more objective.

(Lets face it- bare faced LIES presented and accepted without public debate of glaring faults will make life much easier for LIE-berals and their hog allies!)

So in the interest of readers who may wonder whether the science of global warming/climate change truly is “settled,” I would like to offer some online resources that will show a significant- and perhaps growing number of scientists have doubts about humans’ impact on climate.

This is important because if humans are not contributing significantly to climate change, then policies such as Ontario’s cap-and-trade scheme, Alberta’s carbon tax and Ottawa’s carbon price will not only be economically crippling, they will be environmentally meaningless at the same time.

Start with these three online articles that all offer excellent summaries of exactly what is and isn’t scientifically known about climate science. You’ll be surprised how much of what is reported as “fact” is still only theory that exists in computer models:

http://www.dailywire.com/news/2071/most-comprehensive-assault-global-warming-ever-mike-van-biezen

http://www.drroyspencer.com/my-global-warming-skepticism-for-dummies/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ists-remembered-and-climate-politics-in-2016/

Then, if you want to dig deeper, visit WattsUpWithThat.com, the world’s most-viewed climate science site.

There are also Friends of Science Calgary, the Global Warming Policy Foundation, the CO2 Coalition, Climate Depot, Climate Audit and Still Waiting for Greenhouse. And each of those sites will take you to dozens more.

You might also Google “Russian Academy of Science” and “ice age.” Russia’s most prestigious scientific institute believes we are in for prolonged global cooling (not warming) because our sun is about to enter a phase of less activity that could last 30 years.

(Clearly Carbon crap and trade will NOT affect solar output from our star!)

The two things these articles and sites will show is that there are plenty of credible scientists who disagree with the warming consensus. And at least some alarmists are doing all they can to keep them quiet.

lgunter at postmedia

(Sadly- all this climate debate is moot as LIE-berals have decided that carbon crap is a MARVELOUS excuse for a MAJOR tax grab!)

(On the plus side- there is a real probability that LIE-berals will be run out of Ottawa on a rail after the next federal election so they will not be able to abuse us with their carbon crap and trade scam much longer!)

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Marcom.
That was the name of our institution.

Let me guess. You were on BC ferrys.

Is it true that you have time to boink a navigator between waypoints in Wright Sound?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
$2.5 billion dollar federal surplus for the first 5 months of the year.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
$2.5 billion dollar federal surplus for the first 5 months of the year.

=======================================================================================================

POOR stupid Hoid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have seen this LIE-BERAL CLAIM of having a surplus BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All it means is that LIE-berals will SPEND EXTRA LATER ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUCH AS DURING THE LEAD UP TO THE 2019 FEDERAL ELECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRIBERY AND VOTE BUYING COST MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As all LIE-berals know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So they are simply holding back the spending in order to find the best- for LIE-berals- time and place to waste our cash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS NOT VIRTUE- IT IS MERELY MORE LIE-BERAL greed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Virtue- a concept LIE-berals do not understand- would be paying down some of the monstrous debt LIE-berals have created!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another example of real virtue would be building a new subway line in Toronto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having new transit in Toronto would encourage people to get out of their cars and would benefit the environment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But new transit will NOT BUY LOTS MORE VOTES in Hogtown since it is already so LIE-beral friendly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thus LIE-berals see no reason to waste THEIR GRAVY on Toronto- those votes are already bought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
What does that mean the $13.5 Billion forecasted deficit was actually only $ 11 Billion?
It doesn't even mean that.

It simply means that Trump has racheted up taxes on everything and so the Canadian government is making more money.

maga

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Nope, I used the same link as Hoid Lol

=======================================================================================================

NO CORROBORATING LINK?????????????????????????????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was my GOOD LAUGH for the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoid is getting so desperate he has even stopped making MARGINAL SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The poor desperate doofus tells us that Trump has put up taxes and so Our idiot Boy Justin is getting more money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoid neglects to explain how Yankee taxes end up in Cdn LIE-beral pockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt the fund transfer involves some sort of brain waves that a tinfoil hat would shield him from????????????????????/

POOR Hoid- he is degenerating and will soon be able to compare notes with the leaders of Tinfoil Hat Brigade led by MHz, and Torch light and Gilgamesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you have fellow travellers and supporters like that - YOU KNOW your thought process is in disarray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is an article condemning the LIE-beral obsession with electric Toy vehicles. With some comments of my own in brackets):

Electric dreams fuel tax nightmares

By Jerry Agar. Published: August 21, 2018. Updated: August 21, 2018 8:00 AM EDT

Filed Under: Toronto SUN/ Opinion/ Columnists

Related

Editorials
EDITORIAL: Russia a threat to Arctic sovereignty
Columnists
BATRA: Councillors prove Ford's point

“I pay a lot of taxes, so I deserve a rebate on my Tesla. I’m just getting some of my money back.”

The woman calling my Newstalk 1010 radio show was furious about the cancellation of tax rebates on electric vehicles in Ontario. She claims to have paid $200,000 in taxes last year.

(Regardless of how much the woman paid in taxes- the FACT of the matter is Ontari-owe is STONY BROKE and cannot afford basic stuff like new public transit or more desperately needed hospital beds- much less electric Toy vehicle rebates for a privileged few!)

It is easy to feel overtaxed in Canada. The Fraser Institute recently calculated the average family pays more in tax than they do for housing, food and clothing combined. That is an outrage. Paying for someone else’s car adds to that burden.

(One thing ALL Ontarians agree on is the taxes are too high! But only civil service union Hogs are looking for “alternative revenue streams” that LET THEM OFF THE TAX HOOK- and quietly seek ways to pick our pockets in unique new ways- such as persuading LIE-berals to buy electric TOYS vehicles- for Hogs!)

And in Ontario for the past decade and a half, Ontarians have seen billions of those tax dollars wasted by the Liberal government.

But the cancellation of the rebates by the PC government is an attempt to stem the bleeding at the taxpayer level.

Supporters of cancelling the rebates argue government should not choose to support one buyer over another based on political favouritism. If the EV market is to grow, let it do so by making the product attractive to customers. So far only 1.4% of automobiles in Ontario are EV cars, and that is with rebates.

(Even AFTER MASSIVE rebates, a Tesla model 3 STILL COST TWICE AS MUCH as a Nissan Qashqai! And the Tesla features- shorter range, NO trailer towing capacity, limited cargo capacity and an awkward and slow refueling system that is ALSO IN NEED OF FURTHER govt subsidies so the chargers can be installed in handy places like your home and your work place!)

(The state of Nevada ALONE - put up nearly $5 billion dollars U.S. to kick start construction of the Tesla factory in that state! Then we need to add in further huge sums from other levels of govt to get local sales under way! And Wynne-bag LIE-berals have spent millions more installing “fast chargers” around the province- most of which either do not work as promised or are out right BROKEN! The fast charger contract is YET ANOTHER LIE-beral scandal! )

The Liberals’ goal was 5% of car sales to be EVs by 2020. Global quoted Industry analyst Dennis DesRosiers saying, “the chances of meeting it aren’t low, they’re zero.”

(ONE thing we do know about electric Toy vehicles is their range is cut DRASTICALLY at temperatures below 10 Celsius- and this fact is making a lot of Cdns nervous! That nasty combination of LIE-berals forcing us to buy the Toys and the reality they wont take us where we want to go in the cold are DEAL KILLERS! What range the electric Toys will really get in Cdn winter weather that is consistently well below freezing is anybodies guess!)

Those who believe rebates are the right thing to do point to the government having bailed out auto companies in the past.

So what? Doing the wrong thing once is no reason to keep doing it. There are solid economic arguments to be made that the auto industry as a whole should be forced to stand on its own four wheels, and that it can if politicians stay out of it.

(Is it not odd that LIE-berals and their civil service union Hog allies are whining LOUDLY that corporations should be paying more taxes- all except for the electric Toy car biz which they want to shower with MORE GRAVY! It is a tribute to how much gravy LIE-berals expect to earn from their electricity price gouging scam that they would support electric Toy vehicles so strongly!)

The entitlement mentality of my radio caller is reflected in the entire EV market. Following the 2018 New York International Auto Show drivingthenation.com gave 10 reasons to buy an EV.

Seven of those reasons came down to the buyer getting favouritism (entitlements) from government. Federal and state tax rebates, hogging the HOV lane, discounts on tolls, preferred parking and rebates from electricity companies.

(In other words its ALL LIE-beral bribery- buying the votes of their ALLIES!)

The seventh was an exemption from emission testing. “If you don’t have emissions, why be tested?” Fair enough. But those sofa-sized batteries cannot be recycled forever and they will take up a lot of space in landfill sites.

(And considering how much of our electrical system is now powered by nuclear- that is NOT as clean as claimed; and by natural gas- which is cleaner than coal but IS STILL a fossil fuel; we can see that electric Toy cars are NOT ZERO EMISSION! And of course Lithium is wildy toxic and there are already LOUD complaints regarding the toxic plumes of dust blowing from sites where Lithium is mined or refined into batteries!)

(And there is also the option of being INCINERATED after a car crash! If a Lithium battery case is cracked- the Lithium will INSTANTLY burst into flames that CANNOT be extinguished by any fire extinguisher currently carried by our Fire Depts!)

Their eighth point was performance — a quieter engine with high torque. Those are customer benefits, not societal benefits, so again, government should not favour it.

(LIE-berals want to tell us HIGHER TORQUE- meaning FASTER ACCELERATION is a good thing- even in Toronto where there are talks under way about REDUCING speed limits to give pedestrians a fighting chance to get across busy streets without being maimed or killed!)

Number nine was that EVs would help reduce America’s dependence on foreign oil. If they just tried a bit harder in the U.S.A., and activists in Canada stopped being so irresponsible, they could get “ethical oil” from Canada.

(The truly easy way to clean up our environment would be to cut back on gravy for Hogs so they would fly in filthy airplanes less often! Airplanes are ROUTINELY being named as the single largest driver of air pollution and global warming! In the 9 months after the 9/11 terror attack- fully 25 percent of the world air fleet was GROUNDED and there was measurable improvement in air quality! But cutting back on Hog gravy will NEVER FLY with vote buying LIE-berals- for them it is easier to destroy our economy and our lives with vote buying SCAMS than it would be to blame Hogs for anything!)

So out of 10 reasons a supporter of EVs could muster, only one was air quality.

The Guardian reports: “Charging an electric car for 100 miles of travel could use about 30kw — roughly the same amount of energy an average U.S. home uses in just over a day.”

Factoring in manufacturing and the battery, The Guardian says experts disagree on whether the EV is as environmentally friendly as supporters claim.

(LIE-berals will immediately jump in and whine “this is why we need more mouldy green energy- while ignoring reality- that winds are calmer at night and the sun aint shining then either - meaning that since the vast majority of electric TOY cars will be charged overnight- they CANNOT use mouldy green LIE-beral power!)

The answer to my caller’s tax issue is not favouritism to her auto choice, it is efficient government. Premier Doug Ford is on the right track so far.

(ALL LIE-beral policy is failing! It is collapsing due to the poisoned nature of LIE-beral ideas and values! They want to BUY the votes of just enough special interest groups so that LIE-berals can cling to power while bankrupting ordinary Cdns to pay for the ENDLESS Hog entitlements! Hogs have decided that since LIE-berals will not pay them the pensions they feel they deserve- then an adequate substitute would be for LIE-berals to supply their privileged supporters with CHEAP electric TOY CARS!)

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
pretty sure i posted it somewhere

Yes Hoid.................you so often post such deliberate and dishonest nonsense, I am sure it is hard to keep track of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!