Canada's Economy in the Dumpster!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Not from where I sit!! Things are not looking up for Alberta and won't be for some time. People are still being laid-off!

Dix

Yes, I think you have a much more realistic take on the situation. We just have to keep hammering away at these nincompoops! :) Trudeau included!

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
And anything you post is on a par with the Onion.

Are you deliberately attempting to sound stupid? A modern nation without the internet would be on a par with a nation in the decades you mentioned without a modern communication system. What's your next analogy? 12th Century Russia?

the iron wall came down a few years before the internet
the russians used fax machines to disseminate the real news
and guess what?

that wall came down, and was coming down before Regan even said a word
because the truth did get out

"Fax Machines Become A Fact Of Life For Soviets
September 24, 1989|By Vincent J. Schodolski, Chicago Tribune.

MOSCOW — The telefax machine, a device that would have sent shivers down the spines of old-time doctrinaire defenders of Soviet propaganda, has invaded the Soviet Union.

...The fax, the child of the marriage between a telephone and a photocopier, is transforming the way that Soviets, from political dissidents to foreign ministry officials, communicate..."
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1989-09-24/news/8901150763_1_fax-lithuanian-soviet-union

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Not from where I sit!! Things are not looking up for Alberta and won't be for some time. People are still being laid-off!

Dix

Sucks to be you. I don't personally know anybody out of work. Things are looking great.

"We don't care about the ROC" :) :) Does this guy consider himself to be a Canadian?

**** the ROC. They try to stab Alberta in the back by denying pipelines. We'll get Keystone now. We don't need Canada

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
you didn't read about the new find in texas?

dwarfs what's in alberta
lol

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Are you deliberately attempting to sound stupid?

No and I'm not sure I am! I wasn't trying to down play the importance of the internet. High rollers aren't going to starve if the internet isn't speeded up. I'm just more concerned about the ordinary folks who are in dire straits as far as nutritional food and safe housing etc. Those are the folks who count most in my books. The sad part is our illustrious P.M. doesn't even know what I'm talking about. Let's give the bottom 10% of our population a real boost. I'm talking about the working poor, not the layabouts!

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
you didn't read about the new find in texas?

dwarfs what's in alberta
lol

Jealousy is such an ugly emotion

No and I'm not sure I am! I wasn't trying to down play the importance of the internet. High rollers aren't going to starve if the internet isn't speeded up. I'm just more concerned about the ordinary folks who are in dire straits as far as nutritional food and safe housing etc. Those are the folks who count most in my books. The sad part is our illustrious P.M. doesn't even know what I'm talking about. Let's give the bottom 10% of our population a real boost. I'm talking about the working poor, not the layabouts!

Clearly JLM has no clue how important the internet is to the economy. In his defense, it's not the only thing he's clueless about

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Sucks to be you. I don't personally know anybody out of work. Things are looking great.

**** the ROC. They try to stab Alberta in the back by denying pipelines. We'll get Keystone now. We don't need Canada
Uh, really? The whole Kitimat/Northern Gateway idea was stupid. You'd be hard pressed to find a worse place on the West coast than Kitimat to ship oil out of. And as for Keystone XL, it was O'Bummer who killed that, not the ROC. I do agree that much of the ROC was pretty stupid for blocking any pipelines going east to reduce our reliance on Saudi blood oil.

Of course some of those stupid people are partisan morons. I noticed that some, not all, who were against an eastern flow pipeline just a few short years ago are suddenly all for it now that the Liberals are in power.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Jealousy is such an ugly emotion
Clearly JLM has no clue how important the internet is to the economy. In his defense, it's not the only thing he's clueless about

you are so blissful in your ignorance
pills?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
recycle day after x mass...might be the single best beer can day of the year
don't let the opportunity pass you all by

sometimes the wine bottles are still full, if the wine was cheap
..but it is still whine

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Of course some of those stupid people are partisan morons. I noticed that some, not all, who were against an eastern flow pipeline just a few short years ago are suddenly all for it now that the Liberals are in power.

I think you just replied to the biggest Moron on the forum....................partisan wise and every other wise! :) :)

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Yeah, of course we did. We all sat down and decided to stick it to Alberta. You are victims and we owe all you something or other.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Yeah, of course we did. We all sat down and decided to stick it to Alberta. You are victims and we owe all you something or other.

I didn't say we were victims. The reality is the ROC loves the revenue from oil but won't do **** all to ensure it continues. **** em. They're like a welfare recipient that refused to do anything to improve their situation. They need to be cut off

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I didn't say we were victims. The reality is the ROC loves the revenue from oil but won't do **** all to ensure it continues. **** em. They're like a welfare recipient that refused to do anything to improve their situation. They need to be cut off

What happens if the payments shift to flowing from the other direction? That's okay, is it? They flowed the other way for decades until Peter Lougheed's time.

Speaking of which, how is Lougheed's rainy day Heritage Fund doing?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
as long as the USD petro dollar is up
The price of oil will be down

I know some here will get how that works
and some will not