Canada softens tone on Keystone

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The US snoozed and now the looze. Actually by delaying XL they did Canada a huge favour. WE will now be running oil to both coasts which is really in our best interests rather than to the US refineries. Win Win.
See Obama hasn't fukked up everything he comes in contact with. Thank you Barry. We are forever on your side.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Did I mention frakked shale gas to survive the vortexes? I highly doubt he's the type to cut,haul, stack and burn wood.

Too funny; the eco-responsible option.

Say, how many cords of wood will it take to heat every Canadian home through a polar vortex?

Are their special forests that produce wood that has no emissions?

Inquiring minds want to know

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Green wood and scrap I understand. Too many folk too lazy to clean creosote from pipes and chimneys. Wood is wood and smoke is smoke. Can't burn leaves or combustible garbage either - then they picket the landfills

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
...and the culverts are failing prematurely due to sub-surface sulphuric acid from 100 years of smelting operations - but it's all lush and green where we can see (except right now it's buried in four feet of snow) We're also talking about people who'll spike trees in "old-growth" forests. Imagine how popular I was in a group proposing rail haul until such a time that Energy East could install new pipe.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Big bucks were invested in TX and LA to upgrade and process petro chemicals with Canadian Heavy. Now they'll have to import from the Orinoco River. The Keystone alone can't supply what the KXL was to supply.

How are the ethics of Venezuela these days?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
How are the ethics of Venezuela these days?

Perhaps you missed the point where giving up on this completely contradicts Harper's divine moral doctrine of ethical oil.

And not a peep from Colpy's torchbearer of freedom and all around übermensch, Ezra Levant.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
So the oil is only going to China? Not Japan? Korea? Australia? India or Europa?

US has all the oil they need in the US.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
So the oil is only going to China? Not Japan? Korea? Australia? India or Europa?

US has all the oil they need in the US.

Are you saying this whole time the ethical basis for building this pipeline was complete bull****?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's not ethical for Asian countries to get Canadian oil through southern US ports as well as Pacific and Atlantic ports?

If your thoughts limit oil as just energy, here is something to educate you in away you might easily understand:

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
The problem with Keystone isn't climate change, or ethical oil. It's local politics. Who gets votes, who loses votes. My guess is that it's a wash, so it may not be worth the investment of political capital. Making it happen is best done by greasing (oiling?) the palms of those along the line, not admonishing pronouncements in Ottawa.

The goverbnment, in my opinion, would best do it's job by governing--that is, taking more seriously its oversight role in safety and the environment--as opposed to acting as the marketing wing for the oil industry.