Bureaucrats eyeing online forums to correct misinformation

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
LOL Stop and think about this for a moment. Which political party would hire me? Have you ever heard me say anything nice about any govt?

If you are pro mining and pro corporate globaslism you can makes some good bucks. How is your Espanol?

muy malo...........:lol::lol::lol:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Did you know that members of the legislature personally club seals? Honest fact.
roflmao Attaboy, Kres. Provoke the hell outta them feds. :D

I was told every session of parlaiment is opened with the politicians sharing in a raw seal heart feast.

Regardless though, I see nothing wrong with the government engaging in public forums by giving out information. Anything that ADDS to discourse is fine by me. So long as they don't try to stifle or REMOVE discussion, I say have at 'er.
You bet.
Politicians are just as good as any other ignorant fool who can't get reality straight. :D

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Too funny. The masters of misinformation are worried that someone might misinform people about their misinformation. That is a real knee slapper if I ever heard one.

I interpret what you are saying here, Cliff is that all the f'd up posters will be even more f'd up. Somehow I have to agree............................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No. I'm talking about bureaurats and politicians.
Yupyup.

LOL Stop and think about this for a moment. Which political party would hire me?
Independent. :D
Have you ever heard me say anything nice about any govt?
I've never heard you say anything. :D

Fine, it’s time to come clean.

I am actually The Honourable Hedy Fry P.C., M.P. (Vancouver Centre).
How you've escaped the rubber room with striped sunlight is beyond me. lol

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
It is Abjure or absurd to see a Government who campaigned on transparency and democracy, and in the past 5 years this Government is on record repeatedly blocked democracy the peoples business, refused to show records to prove do diligence on (Afghanistan detainee issue, refusing to show Expense records for the MPS) $500 million of tax payer money and now they will squander more taxpayers money to spy on people in case there is some warranted criticism like the country in the hole for $ 100. Billion red ink.

They are going to call people of opposed opinion and warned them or threaten them with legal action, Talking about abuse of power or what? And they deserve a majority.
A majority for Harper will mean Democracy will face the gelatine, people of opposed views will be punished by a group who are grossly abusing the power of their office. Transparent Government to suing people for being pissed off with valid reasons is a bazaar way of politics especially in a developed country like Canada..

Last edited:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
roflmao
Sorry, the giggling started when I read the misapplication of "abjured". And it continued as I read the "Ugh, we good, them bad" propaganda. Especially considering Martin was just as bad about promising transparency and then crapping out on it.
Howling with laughter about democracy being in the gelatin people. I'll have strawberry, please. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
No info on Socrates. Maybe he really is Greek and meant "absurd" and "gauntlet." I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
No info on Socrates. Maybe he really is Greek and meant "absurd" and "gauntlet." I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

You are a friend, thank you for the correction, was rushing to post my beef. But Abjure fits the category as well, to state publicly that you no longer agree with a belief or way of behaving
Cheers:canada:
Socrates

Last edited:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
You're very magnanimous. :)

You are a friend, thank you for the correction, was rushing to post my beef. But Abjure fits the category as well, to state publicly that you no longer agree with a belief or way of behaving
Cheers:canada:
Socrates
Let me see if it fits:

this is the original post, "It is Abjured to see a Government who campaigned on transparency and democracy, and in the past 5 years this Government is on record repeatedly blocked democracy the peoples business, refused to show records to prove do diligence on (Afghanistan detainee issue, refusing to show Expense records for the MPS) $500 million of tax payer money and now they will squander more taxpayers money to spy on people in case there is some warranted criticism like the country in the hole for $ 100. Billion red ink."
Now we'll transfer the definition of "abjure" to replace the word "abjured":
It is to state publicly that you no longer agree with a belief or way of behaving to see a Government who campaigned on transparency and democracy, and in the past 5 years this Government is on record repeatedly blocked democracy the peoples business, refused to show records to prove do diligence on (Afghanistan detainee issue, refusing to show Expense records for the MPS) $500 million of tax payer money and now they will squander more taxpayers money to spy on people in case there is some warranted criticism like the country in the hole for $ 100. Billion red ink.
Yeah, "absurd" is the better word.

But, anyway, the humor is gone now, almost. :D

It';s still funny that some people think it's ok if their heroes do something naughty, but whine about others doing the same.

When the tenure of former Prime Minister Paul Martin began in December
2003, he promised to improve the quality of Canada's democracy, including
the transparency of its federal institutions, to repair a "democratic deficit." It
was a great disappointment to FIPA that the Liberal government, even in
extremis, failed to fulfill its promises to reform the Access to Information Act.
http://www.fipa.bc.ca/library/Reports_and_Submissions/Accountability_Act_submission_May_2006.pdf

How transparent was Adscam?

Oh, this was a real giggle:
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...martin_AM_060112/20060112?s_name=election2006

Whatever. I think it's funny that politicians and bureaucrats will be buzzing around blogspots and forums to set everyone "straight".

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Man, we really need the Rhino Party to come back and put some perspective back into politics. Besides, whose propaganda are we supposed to believe? None of them would know the truth if it bit them. As soon as you pick sides you have lost all perspective, logic and rationale.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
You're very magnanimous. :)

Let me see if it fits:

this is the original post, "It is Abjured to see a Government who campaigned on transparency and democracy, and in the past 5 years this Government is on record repeatedly blocked democracy the peoples business, refused to show records to prove do diligence on (Afghanistan detainee issue, refusing to show Expense records for the MPS) $500 million of tax payer money and now they will squander more taxpayers money to spy on people in case there is some warranted criticism like the country in the hole for $ 100. Billion red ink."
Now we'll transfer the definition of "abjure" to replace the word "abjured":
It is to state publicly that you no longer agree with a belief or way of behaving to see a Government who campaigned on transparency and democracy, and in the past 5 years this Government is on record repeatedly blocked democracy the peoples business, refused to show records to prove do diligence on (Afghanistan detainee issue, refusing to show Expense records for the MPS) $500 million of tax payer money and now they will squander more taxpayers money to spy on people in case there is some warranted criticism like the country in the hole for $ 100. Billion red ink.
Yeah, "absurd" is the better word.

But, anyway, the humor is gone now, almost. :D

It';s still funny that some people think it's ok if their heroes do something naughty, but whine about others doing the same.

http://www.fipa.bc.ca/library/Reports_and_Submissions/Accountability_Act_submission_May_2006.pdf

How transparent was Adscam?

Oh, this was a real giggle:
CTV.ca | Ad wasn't an attack on military: Paul Martin

Whatever. I think it's funny that politicians and bureaucrats will be buzzing around blogspots and forums to set everyone "straight".

The problem with your philosophy is that you are completely ignoring the fact that the Canadian voter gave them a minority twice not because they are better then the Liberals, but rather took them up on the campaign promise, “we get elected and we will clean corruption and we will be transparent”, and what the past Government did or said is not the center of the problem. You are defending a group that said we will clean up Ottawa and they have done the opposite because the Liberals did many things wrong is that excuse the Conservatives to do the same? If your answer is YES you and many others like you are in serious trouble. :roll:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
The problem with your philosophy is that you are completely ignoring the fact that the Canadian voter gave them a minority twice not because they are better then the Liberals, but rather took them up on the campaign promise, “we get elected and we will clean corruption and we will be transparent”, and what the past Government did or said is not the center of the problem.
I'm not ignoring anything. I am simply pointing out that your bunch were no better.
You are defending a group that said we will clean up Ottawa and they have done the opposite because the Liberals did many things wrong is that excuse the Conservatives to do the same? If your answer is YES you and many others like you are in serious trouble. :roll:
For the 50th time, I don't defend the Cons. I am not partisan, YOU are. All I am doing is countering your propaganda about the Cons and your ridiculously rosy view of the Gliberals.
IOW, you snivel about the Cons and transparency when Martin was just as much a liar about it.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
To be fair on the previous governing party, I feel that The Right Honourable Paul Martin P.C., the 21st Prime Minister, was a very good head of Her Majesty’s Government for Canada. By the time he was invited to become prime minister, much of the damage to the Government’s chances at surviving had already been done. Without Mr. Martin’s leadership, the Liberal Party of Canada would have been much more resoundingly defeated in the 39th General Election than it was. The issues that the previous Government had with transparency were almost entirely during the premiership of The Right Honourable Jean Chrétien P.C., O.M., C.C., Q.C., the 20th Prime Minister.

The terrible accountability track-record of the present government is hardly propaganda, though. Even the much-heralded Federal Accountability Act (the holy grail of the Conservative Party of Canada’s election campaign, throne speech, and first session of the legislature) has yet to be fully brought into force (which could be done with one signature on an Order in Council). Her Majesty’s Government for Canada should immediately bring the rest of the Act into force to demonstrate its dedication to accountability and integrity, particularly when both traditional governing parties are being marred with controversy.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
I'm not ignoring anything. I am simply pointing out that your bunch were no better. For the 50th time, I don't defend the Cons. I am not partisan, YOU are. All I am doing is countering your propaganda about the Cons and your ridiculously rosy view of the Gliberals.
IOW, you snivel about the Cons and transparency when Martin was just as much a liar about it.
No all you are doing is trolling and jumping around from thread to thread like a flea bighting on other peoples opinion and bothering people, what are you some kind of an intellectual that has a grip on every topic. You troll like many others here and bully counter opinion to yours. I asked you if the Liberals were the bad apples is that excuse the Conservatives to do the same? yes or no never mind the rest of the crap................

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
To be fair on the previous governing party, I feel that The Right Honourable Paul Martin P.C., the 21st Prime Minister, was a very good head of Her Majesty’s Government for Canada. By the time he was invited to become prime minister, much of the damage to the Government’s chances at surviving had already been done. Without Mr. Martin’s leadership, the Liberal Party of Canada would have been much more resoundingly defeated in the 39th General Election than it was. The issues that the previous Government had with transparency were almost entirely during the premiership of The Right Honourable Jean Chrétien P.C., O.M., C.C., Q.C., the 20th Prime Minister.
Says another Gliberal.

The terrible accountability track-record of the present government is hardly propaganda, though.
The terrible accountability of ANY of Canada's governments isn't propaganda, if you realize that not one is any better than another. It's when you ignore that your favored party was/is just as bad as you are saying the other guys are bad that it turns into propaganda.
Even the much-heralded Federal Accountability Act (the holy grail of the Conservative Party of Canada’s election campaign, throne speech, and first session of the legislature) has yet to be fully brought into force (which could be done with one signature on an Order in Council). Her Majesty’s Government for Canada should immediately bring the rest of the Act into force to demonstrate its dedication to accountability and integrity, particularly when both traditional governing parties are being marred with controversy.
I'd be happy with that.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
Oh yeah,it's all a big joke,till some tazer totin' goon kicks your door in and takes you away to be reprogramed,that's exactly the thing that herr harper would like to be able to do.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Oh yeah,it's all a big joke,till some tazer totin' goon kicks your door in and takes you away to be reprogramed,that's exactly the thing that herr harper would like to be able to do.

Unfortunately the blind think that MPS have been elected to bully the country into A fascist state. Now Harper is looking to pass a law today on a national holiday when not all are working to prevent MPS from testifying in any commission that would demand accountability and testimony to prove wrong doing. And many here look at the polls and think Harper is on the way to a majority. It is unthinkable that 34% of the people would want a dictator to ran the country to the ground.8O

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I was told every session of parlaiment is opened with the politicians sharing in a raw seal heart feast.

Regardless though, I see nothing wrong with the government engaging in public forums by giving out information. Anything that ADDS to discourse is fine by me. So long as they don't try to stifle or REMOVE discussion, I say have at 'er.

With our tax dollars?Why can't I be paid to be here too?

Machjo states:

Most politicians are corrupt.

Bureaucrat-at-Hand states:

I've been paid by the Government of Canada to refute your claim that most politicians are corrupt.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
No all you are doing is trolling and jumping around from thread to thread like a flea bighting on other peoples opinion and bothering people, what are you some kind of an intellectual that has a grip on every topic. You troll like many others here and bully counter opinion to yours.
Liar. You won't find me in every thread here. And actually, I have a broad range of interests and add a lot of useful information that people can use. You don't. You just whine about the Cons.
I asked you if the Liberals were the bad apples is that excuse the Conservatives to do the same? yes or no never mind the rest of the crap................
I already said that one is just as bad as the other. I guess you haven't the ability to figure out that that means neither are an excuse for the other.