British soldiers reprimanded after doing Nazi or Red Hand of Ulster salute

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Re: British soldiers repremanded after doing Nazi or Red Hand of Ulster salute

They were not

From the link

In another photograph published elsewhere on the internet, a group of soldiers are seen bedecked in the sashes and other regalia of the Orange Order.

Many of the pages on the Invicta Loyal website display open sectarian hatred, while it also includes loyalist songs such as The Billy Boys – now banned at Rangers’ ground, Ibrox – which includes the lines: ‘We’re up to our knees in Fenian Blood /Surrender or you’ll die. ‘

The website also has photographs from a ‘social’ event held by Invicta Loyal members where a gents’ toilet displayed a notice inviting supporters to ‘P*** on a Papist’ as pictures of the Pope, Gerry Adams and IRA hunger striker Bobby Sands were stuck to the urinal.

Last month soldiers at a Rangers match as part of Armed Forces Day were accused of joining in sectarian singing. Troops who had been parading on the Ibrox pitch were seen to break ranks, and one soldier was allegedly photographed with a ‘Keep Ulster Protestant’ scarf.

Red Hand of Ulster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Red Hand of Ulster (in Irish: Lámh Dhearg Uladh) is a symbol used in heraldry[1] to denote the Irish province of Ulster. It is an open right hand coloured red, with the fingers pointing upwards, the thumb held parallel to the fingers, and the palm facing forward. It is less commonly known as the Red Hand of O'Neill.[2] Its origins are said to be attributed to the mythical Irish figure Labraid Lámh Dhearg[1] (Labraid of the Red Hand), and appear in other mythical tales passed down from generation to generation in the oral tradition. The symbol is rooted in Irish Gaelic culture and is particularly associated with the Uí Néill clan of Ulster. In some versions, a left hand is used and/or the thumb is opened

That shyte is never going away. There'll always be some looney screetching about King Billy, or the black and tans, and whatnot.
Always someone stirring the pot.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
what's your point, idiot? That members of the armed forces world wide are murdering brainless twats? I agree completely.
No, his point is to distract from the fact that the British Army regularly murders civilians, including British civilians. You will note that he has not once expressed any disapproval of this, but rather continually tries to distract from it.

Blackloaf likes pictures. Here's one. . .

The man is a British citizen, a civilian, murdered by British soldiers.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
No, his point is to distract from the fact that the British Army regularly murders civilians, including British civilians. You will note that he has not once expressed any disapproval of this, but rather continually tries to distract from it.

It's not a surprise, anymore than the same attitude was not a surprise from americans when talking about the civilians their country's armed forces were responsible for. It was all just pushed off as inconsequential. An inevitable consequence of war. When it comes to this, no country is better than another and every country has those that brush it off as so much dust.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's not a surprise, anymore than the same attitude was not a surprise from americans when talking about the civilians their country's armed forces were responsible for. It was all just pushed off as inconsequential. An inevitable consequence of war. When it comes to this, no country is better than another and every country has those that brush it off as so much dust.
Indeed. And you will find I condemn such actions by the Americans when they are brought up. In addition to the moral and legal wrong, from a purely practical standpoint it makes the conflict much more bitter and dangerous. I favour much harsher penalties for our soldiers who murder than the penalties that are usually handed out. I was very pleased when Sgt. Bales got life without parole, though I would have preferred a firing squad.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
A few things come to mind here yes it was a shameful act because the Brittish
Army fought agains the ideals represented by the salute.
The Irish Republicans supported the Germans in some cases yes why because
Irish Republicans hate the British and hope it stays that way.
As for killing civillians they all do it and to really believe they are not is just dumb.
The last world war aside hovever. If you remember the Germans declared a state
of Total War. at one point. Total War is a term for no holes barred and that is
what they got in return. Germany underestimated the fight in the British bull dog.
In war the real rule isunwritten, the first rule is "There ain't no rules" any other
statements to the contrary are window dressing at best. Remember the famous
line from not too long ago Shock and Awe" That was the version of total war
under a different name. Carpet bombing tends to do that

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Blackloaf likes pictures. Here's one. . .

The man is a British citizen, a civilian, murdered by British soldiers.
That scumbag was part of a group of people throwing missiles at British troops. Those killed on Bloody Sunday got what they deserved. Don't be surprised to get gunned down when you throw missiles at armed soldiers. They've never been that bright have those Irish Republicans. It reminds me of that photo of one of them holding a placard saying "NO TO FOREIGN SPORTS" whilst wearing his beloved Celtic shirt. Still, they do have the PC Brigade on their side (as the wicked always do), who even made an official report which completely ignored the goading of British troops by the Bloody Sunday "victims." They were all poor, blameless little victims apparently.

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Ah "The Troubles" Irish Catholics wanting rights and getting killed for it was a major part of the so called "Troubles"

The major cause of the Troubles was not about the Catholics wanting rights, it was about the Catholic minority in Norn Ireland ignoring the wishes of the Protestant majority by trying to bomb and murder Norn Ireland out of the United Kingdom.

But, thankfully, they lost.

In fact, the Catholic minority have more rights than the Protestant majority in Norn Ireland, as is evidenced by the fact that there is a growing tendency by sick councils to name children's play areas after IRA terrorist child-murdering scum.

There was no war in Northern Ireland.

That would come as a bit of a shock to those people who had to live through thirty years of the Troubles. Obviously, you know better than these people. When are you going to break the news to them?

Are you claiming that Britain was at war with itself?

Yeah. I most certainly am. It's what is often called a "civil war".

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Nazi's in the army, weak kneed politicians buckling under minor pressure, geezus no wonder the Empire crumbled and is being taken over by Muslims.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Nazi's in the army, weak kneed politicians buckling under minor pressure, geezus no wonder the Empire crumbled and is being taken over by Muslims.

Although Canada is being taken over by Muslims at a faster rate than we are. So what's your excuse? Weak, hand-wringing, cowardly Liberalism would be my bet.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Although Canada is being taken over by Muslims at a faster rate than we are. So what's your excuse? Weak, hand-wringing, cowardly Liberalism would be my bet.
No no, this thread is about the nazism in your army and the weak kneed leaders afraid to just call it what it is.

It's sad to watch your once great nation fall apart, and be overrun by Muslims.

I hope you like Halal. I know you didn't steal it like the rest of your cuisine, but you'll be seeing a lot of it.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

And yet you have members of your Briddish Army doing what looks a lot like a Nazi solute.

If that is what they're doing, you should be ashamed.

Why should Blackleaf be ashamed? He's not the one doing the salute.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
By the way, I'd come across one Canadian soldier who collected Nazi paraphernalia, and another with neo-Nazi tattoos. I think militaries just seem to attract that type of mentality. Not saying everyone in a military think that way, but merely that it's the kind of career that woudl normally attract that kind of person.