British soldiers reprimanded after doing Nazi or Red Hand of Ulster salute

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Re: British soldiers repremanded after doing Nazi or Red Hand of Ulster salute

That's why you should be ashamed, you've done nothing while NAZIZIONISTS have over ridden your miserable little hazard to navigation.

Yeah. The Nazis have taken over the British Army.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I'm just reminding you. You seem to have forgotten that fact.
Just reminding me that it's OK for the British Army to continue its long tradition of murdering civilians? I'm not at all surprised you feel that way.

They also supported the Nazis during WWII, did those cuddly little Irish republicans.
Actually the Republic was neutral, allowed its territory to be used by the Allies extensively, and hundreds of thousands of Irish fought in the British Army.

But, whatever lies you have to tell yourself to justify your hatreds are fine with me. You're not a person of any consequence, and on this board you've amassed quite a reputation as a caricature of a John Bull lunatic.

The allied army?

No, the Soviet Army.

Much though the Brits, and the Canadians and Americans would like to think otherwise, the most important and effective force in Europe in WWII was the Soviets.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Just reminding me that it's OK for the British Army to continue its long tradition of murdering civilians? I'm not at all surprised you feel that way.

How many civilians has the American Army killed in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Actually the Republic was neutral

The IRA and Irish republicans weren't. They were Nazi sympathisers.

And the Irish Free State may have been officially neutral but a high proportion of its politicians were Nazi-sympathising anti-Semites - including its first president, De Valera - who wanted all the Jews of Ireland to be kicked out of the country.

It was only last summer that the Republic of Ireland issued a grovelling apology to all those Irishmen that it severely punished for joining the British Army in order to fight the Nazis. These guys were treated despicably by the Irish government, just for fighting Nazism.

But, whatever lies you have to tell yourself to justify your hatreds are fine
with me.

The difference between me and you is that I've studied the history of Ireland and its Nazi-supporting, anti-Semitic politicians.

Obviously you haven't.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
and that has what to do with the British armed forces killing civilians?
It's called the tu quoque fallacy. No doubt someone who has studied as much as Blackloaf claims to have knows it well.

He probably even knows that the first bombing of the so-called "Troubles" was committed by Orange terrorists, the first murder was committed by Orange terrorists, and the first murder of a police officer was committed by Orange terrorists.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It's called being able to dish it out but not take it.

No, it's called deflection. Something you are very good at. Yes, the americans are damn good at killing civilains, so are the british. As a matter of fact, so are most if not all countries armed forces. Morons like you defend the murder of innocents in times of war by pointing fingers every where except themselves.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's called condemning the actions of another country when your country does exactly the same things.

As I said, it's called the tu quoque fallacy. It's when the interlocutor of the first part says "X is wrong" and the interlocutor of the second part says "you do X too." The intent is to distract from the statement that "X is wrong," ordinarily engaged in by cowardly, lying blowhards.

It's an informal logical fallacy. Only one of several to which you have regular resort.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

As I said, it's called the tu quoque fallacy. It's when the interlocutor of the first part says "X is wrong" and the interlocutor of the second part says "you do X too." The intent is to distract from the statement that "X is wrong," ordinarily engaged in by cowardly, lying blowhards.

It's an informal logical fallacy. Only one of several to which you have regular resort.
Obviously bears repeating.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Re: British soldiers repremanded after doing Nazi or Red Hand of Ulster salute

You've obviously never been to an Old Firm match, you naive little fool, if you think Rangers fans paint their hands red when performing the Red Hand of Ulster.

Nor, I suspect, are you in any way knowledgeable about the Troubles and the roll the conflict still plays in football chants around the country.

Ah "The Troubles" Irish Catholics wanting rights and getting killed for it was a major part of the so called "Troubles"