Blackleaf for you

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Not Mine. Respect has to be earned. Britain has yet to earn any and they don't have the power necessary to demand anything.

Britain has earned plenty of respect and gets it. It's us British who get drinks bought for us in bars in places such as Holland and Belgium and Norway for ridding their countries of Nazis in WWII. Unlike Canada, Britain has always been in the vanguard of the fights against totalitarianism and evil. The fact that you can't see respect where it's due is not my problem.

Talk about delusional. Blackie you really need to see a doctor about your Napoleon complex. And go to a real school that has history and geography books not the Whinny the Poo stories you grew up with.

It's about time somebody told you the truth. So many people in mainland North America seem to live in their own historical fantasy worlds.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Britain has earned plenty of respect and gets it. It's us British who get drinks bought for us in bars in places such as Holland and Belgium and Norway for ridding their countries of Nazis in WWII. Unlike Canada, Britain has always been in the vanguard of the fights against totalitarianism and evil. The fact that you can't see respect where it's due is not my problem.

It's about time somebody told you the truth. So many people in mainland North America seem to live in their own historical fantasy worlds.

Dream on, but be careful while stumbling around you don't fall off the cloud! -:)

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
You are being obnoxious again!

How? For pointing out the truth?

Face it, to say that Britain is the kid of Canada and the USA rather than the exact opposite was so far from reality that it just barely warranted me replying to it.

The truth is that Canada and the USA are the teenage daughters of Britain and, like most teenage daughters, they can be loud, obnoxious, rude and disrespectful to their mother.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
England's a hasbeen and it's proud supporter here is a source for an occasional laugh. damn fine tv and humor, though. American humor and tv can't come close to the quality.

Face it, to say that Britain is the kid of Canada and the USA rather than the exact opposite was so far from reality that it just barely warranted me replying to it.
Right. It's more like the disabled and bitter older brother that others have to care for.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
England's a hasbeen and it's proud supporter here is a source for an occasional laugh. damn fine tv and humor, though. American humor and tv can't come close to the quality.

You can only be a has been only if you've actually had it in the first place.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Canada is under a vast polar ice cap, something which Britain has not been under for 10,000 years, and is so cold that boiling water freezes instantly the moment you take it outside, so I think it's a bit rich you poking fun at British weather.
Actually, Britain is under the same polar cap - unless it's on a different planet

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Right. It's more like the disabled and bitter older brother that others have to care for.

Canada and the USA are the stroppy, noisy, teenage daughters of Great Britain, who have been brought up well by their mother who gave them a good standard of living only now to be disrespectful and prone to throwing paddies because they know they are never going to match their mother's success.

The only thing that's missing is the acne.

Actually, Britain is under the same polar cap - unless it's on a different planet

Britain is under a polar ice cap? That's news to me.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

The truth is that Canada and the USA are the teenage daughters of Britain and, like most teenage daughters, they can be loud, obnoxious, rude and disrespectful to their mother.

Yep and like some mothers at advanced age they can be loud, obnoxious and demanding!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Yep and like some mothers at advanced age they can be loud, obnoxious and demanding!

Sometimes mothers have to resort to such measures to get their unruly teenage daughters back in line. Firm but fair.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Canada and the USA are the stroppy, noisy, teenage daughters of Great Britain, who have been brought up well by their mother who gave them a good standard of living only now to be disrespectful and prone to throwing paddies because they know they are never going to match their mother's success.

The only thing that's missing is the acne.
Sorry, pilgrim, but we developed our own standard of living and growth. People fled to N.A. to be rid of European influence, remember?
Success? that's a laugh and thank you for it.

Yeah. There was a British Empire, and it has never been surpassed, either since or before, in terms of size, wealth and power.
Yep, a has been. Countries are older and wiser now. No more huge empires, except for economic ones like the States.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Yeah. There was a British Empire, and it has never been surpassed, either since or before, in terms of size, wealth and power.

It must be hard to come to the realization that all of the former colonies are jumping ship and demanding that they not be associated with you. I'll wager that your being broke and teetering on the verge of bankruptcy has much to do with it

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
There's no shame in Canada being inferior to Britain. Because every country is, so there really is nothing to be ashamed of.

Good, because I don't live in Canada, I live in the USA...

You know that country that sent your troops packing and formed the Greatest Country on earth.. (crappy leader, but were still #1)

...and as I say to my family up north, you know living under that polar cap... every time I will send a pick of my truck, there will be a palm tree or orange tree somewhere in the pic.. or myself in short sleeves.

I'm tagged for 48 states but run California to Florida mainly..

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Sorry, pilgrim, but we developed our own standard of living and growth.

The standard of living and the freedom that Canada and the USA now enjoy are as a result of those countries adopting those liberal British economic policies, Britain's parliamentary system (Canada) and documents such as Magna Carta that the British gifted those countries.

Your standard of living and your freedom were all as a result of being born the children of Great Britain.

Had the USA and Canada been solely French colonies they would have gone the way of other French colonies such as Chad and Niger.

The fact that lots of British colonies are now wealthy nations and most French colonies and now poor, impoverished, failed states is no coincidence.

As I've pointed out before - the fact that Britain allowed Canada and the USA to become the wealthy nations they are today is something that most Canadians and Americans should be eternally grateful for.

Yep, a has been. Countries are older and wiser now. No more huge empires, except for economic ones like the States.
You can only be a "has-been" if you've only ever had it in the first place.

Twenty to thirty years from now we'll be talking about the USA being a has-been, as a result of its declining economic, political and military power in the world which will soon see it superceded by China.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Sure it has... it's called the USA..

It has territories such as the US Virgin Island, Commonwealth of Northern Marian Islands, Guam and has bases around the world in Germany, Japan, Canada and I think even in the UK (6 US Military Bases in the UK) to protect it from powers like Russia and China that could wipe you off the map in a day or two.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
The standard of living and the freedom that Canada and the USA now enjoy are as a result of those countries adopting those British economic policies, the parliamentary system and documents such as Magna Carta that the British gifted those countries.

Your standard of living and your freedom were all as a result of being born the children of Great Britain.

Had the USA snd Canada been solely French colonies they would have gone the way of other French colonies such as Chad and Niger,
Yeah, we believe you where billions wouldn't.

You can only be a "has-been" if you've only ever had it in the first place.
Right. GB had an empire and now it doesn't .... it's a hasbeen.

Twenty to thirty years from now we'll be talking about the USA being a has-been, as a result of its declining economic, political and military power in the world which will soon see it superceded by China.
Most likely. That's the fate of empires. Countries could wise up and give the empire-building a pass. It's save a shipload of lives, time, money, and grief.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Sure it has... it's called the USA..

It has territories such as the US Virgin Island, Commonwealth of Northern Marian Islands, Guam and has bases around the world in Germany, Japan and I think even in the UK to protect it from powers like Russia and China that could wipe you off the map in a day or two.

Britain has 14 Overseas Territories and also has military bases around the world and could also wipe Russia and China off the map on a day (just as those countries could wipe the USA off the map in a day), so quit your crazy delusion that the USA somehow has an empire which rivals that of Britannia's.

Britain's overseas territories cover a land area of approximately 667,018 square miles. America's overseas territories cover a poxy 9,684 square miles, one-sixty-ninth the size of Britain's, so your attempts to impress me with America's vast global empire have failed wonderfully.

Britain will be remembered centuries from now as having had a vast empire.

The USA won't be.

Last edited:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Britain has 14 Overseas Territories and also has military bases around the world and could also wipe Russia and China off the map on a day (just as those countries could wipe the USA off the map in a day), so quit your crazy delusion that the USA somehow has an empire which rivals that of Britannia's.

Britain will be remembered centuries from now as having had a vast empire.

The USA won't be.

Greece and Rome once had vast empires as well. Now all three of you are about on par. Ustawazz.