Be very afraid: Stephen Harper is inventing a new Canada

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

There was never a Trudeauland or Mulroneyland or Chrétienland,l

Anyone who claims there never was a 'Trudeauland' or 'Mulroneyland' has absolutely no concept of, or understanding of, Canadian political history, and their opinion cannot possibly have any validity. That single sentence proves that the author is an idiot.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
My God, McKay attended the Grey Cup!! Canada as we know it is finished!

SimpleSimon

Dec 16, 2011
Which old Canada and which new Canada are we talking about? I remember the Canada before Trudeau. If that is the old Canada you are talking about count me in.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Which old Canada and which new Canada are we talking about? I remember the Canada before Trudeau. If that is the old Canada you are talking about count me in.
Blaming the outcome of the history of Canada on a person is beyond silly. There have been millions of factors and people that shaped our journey through time to this point. Trudeau did nothing that was not ratified by the house and senate. It is humourous that people think he single handedly gave birth to the constitution and Charter. But it does verify my observation that politicians are little more than scape goats for the electorate's inactivity and lack of responsibility. We are the government and we elect our leaders so, suck it up, we have no one to blame but ourselves if it turned out not not to our expectations.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Yeah, I'd sure like to know what Trudeau did to improve the country!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: At least without a bill attached. :lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yeah, I'd sure like to know what Trudeau did to improve the country!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: At least without a bill attached. :lol:
Trudeau's main man Maurice Strong is Harper's main man in Beijing. Same old, same old.

Mcdonald's has had many a CEO but the menu and style hasn't changed. A nation works along the same lines..

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
He gave us chutzpa and a funny dance behind the Queen's back. He gave us charisma, arrogance and a rose between our teeth. He had fun in office and gave us decades of nonsense to talk about. He made politics fun for a while until the drab fun police came along and tried to pretend it was serious business with their dour personalities and Eaton's catalogue plastic personalities (except for Cretien who had more personality of all PMs put together since Trudeau). Now we have a PM with the personality of a cucumber and hair of fiberglass and people have the nerve to bad mouth Trudeau. At least he inspired us to love or hate him, laugh and cry. What has Harper done for us besides promise bigger jails, longer sentences and expensive, obsolete jets?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What has Harper done for us besides promise bigger jails, longer sentences and expensive, obsolete jets?
Few realize it but Harper is finishing what Trudeau started but without flair and style. What we are seeing unfold in Western Canada was all planned decades ago.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
He gave us chutzpa and a funny dance behind the Queen's back. He gave us charisma, arrogance and a rose between our teeth. He had fun in office and gave us decades of nonsense to talk about. He made politics fun for a while until the drab fun police came along and tried to pretend it was serious business with their dour personalities and Eaton's catalogue plastic personalities (except for Cretien who had more personality of all PMs put together since Trudeau). Now we have a PM with the personality of a cucumber and hair of fiberglass and people have the nerve to bad mouth Trudeau. At least he inspired us to love or hate him, laugh and cry. What has Harper done for us besides promise bigger jails, longer sentences and expensive, obsolete jets?

I'll take what Harper has to give if it costs us about $400 billion less! :lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'll take what Harper has to give if it costs us about $400 billion less! :lol:
Don't worry. Those billions are going to turn into trillions in just a few years. It may take a few Eco-Nazis being run over by a D9 like Rachel Corey but have patience, it's coming to fruition.