BC's election

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The NDP is well on their way to forming the next government I do believe.
The strategy is a good one they are using at this point. This morning as a
person in the farm industry, I went to the announcement Dix made about
what they would do. I agreed with his approach as much of it I fought for
when I was on the executive of the BCFGA.
Farmers are leaning NDP this time in many regions. The problem for the
Liberals is quite simply they have run out of steam and a direction that works.
I will be voting for them in this election as well.
The latest poll numbers demonstrate one thing for certain 60% of the people
want a change in government.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
lol A lot of BCers do that. As someone once said, we don't elect people we like, we elect people we end up not liking to get rid of the encumbent ones we don't like. It's like walking backwards and looking through a mirror to get somewhere.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

And the 40% that don't has historically been enough to keep them in! -:)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
[/FONT]

The way I see it, Mowich, we have three main problems in our country today............DRUGS, DRUGS AND DRUGS. I personally think it would be money well spent if the gov't. spent about 1/4 of its budget concentrating on cleaning up the problem and incarcerating the king pins for many, many years. Pretty soon you'd begin to see all that money come back, in many forms, cheaper health care, lower police costs, lower court costs, lower cost to employers for time loss on the job, fewer accident claims, more beds available in the hospitals for other things, lower insurance costs, lower costs for troubled and abandoned children. The list is just endless, not to mention how much safer our streets would and how much more pleasant life in general would be. But there has to be a leader who is willing to take charge and make the tough decisions. Another benefit would be more people in the work force contributing, instead of drawing welfare.

the druge problem, in my opinion, is the biggest problem in the western world, and I think it is impossible
for our government to do anything to get rid of drugs, there is no way they can stop it at our borders, it
is as bad as the gun registry in the u.s., the powers that run these organizations have long left law and
order behind, and also how many drug dealers are part of the police, border guards and other parties who are
suppose to be helping clean it up, but do the exact opposite.
There is so much money in drugs in the western world, no government has a chance to make any impact whatsoever, and how many government officials are taking bribes to keep their mouths shut.
Money talks, always has, always will, and the poor schmuck on the street who is so weak he/she can't
live their lives without drugs and booze will always keep their organizations going.

How could any group ever begin to stop it.

Everything you say is right, life in our country would be so so much better without drugs, but that
is in the past now, we can remember that life, but todays adults do not, and there is so much acceptance
for drugs as well, many do not see drugs as the horrid miserable sickening part of life that we do.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
the druge problem, in my opinion, is the biggest problem in the western world, and I think it is impossible
for our government to do anything to get rid of drugs, there is no way they can stop it at our borders, it
is as bad as the gun registry in the u.s., the powers that run these organizations have long left law and
order behind, and also how many drug dealers are part of the police, border guards and other parties who are
suppose to be helping clean it up, but do the exact opposite.
There is so much money in drugs in the western world, no government has a chance to make any impact whatsoever, and how many government officials are taking bribes to keep their mouths shut.
Money talks, always has, always will, and the poor schmuck on the street who is so weak he/she can't
live their lives without drugs and booze will always keep their organizations going.

How could any group ever begin to stop it.

Everything you say is right, life in our country would be so so much better without drugs, but that
is in the past now, we can remember that life, but todays adults do not, and there is so much acceptance
for drugs as well, many do not see drugs as the horrid miserable sickening part of life that we do.

I hear you Talloola although I think I'm a little more optimistic than you (maybe not as realistic) lol. It could be done, if enough of the right people were interested and focused on the problem. I guess before that would happen ever voter would have to closely question the political candidates and the ones who don't give the right answers don't get the required votes. Then there are the police forces, which today seem to be rife with corruption. But anyway it gives me kind of a futile feeling to know if every one was behind this, it still wouldn't be complete in my lifetime, but at least my grandkids would have a better life.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I hear you Talloola although I think I'm a little more optimistic than you (maybe not as realistic) lol. It could be done, if enough of the right people were interested and focused on the problem. I guess before that would happen ever voter would have to closely question the political candidates and the ones who don't give the right answers don't get the required votes. Then there are the police forces, which today seem to be rife with corruption. But anyway it gives me kind of a futile feeling to know if every one was behind this, it still wouldn't be complete in my lifetime, but at least my grandkids would have a better life.

cocaine for instance is all over the corporate world, not a street drug for the schmucks, but it does
make schmucks out of many who think they are so cool and on the cool road to success.

the difficulty in my opinion is far too deep. how can people clean up the police forces, they have had
corruption for many generations, even before drugs became the problem they are today.

any candidate running for any party could never promise to do anything like that, they know they have no
power and will fail in their efforts, and will never be elected again, and that is what it is all about,
re election, so they aren't going to touch that big problem with a ten foot pole.
no, jlm, I have come to a point in my life, where I know the world will exist always around power and money, and all of us, who don't buy into that philosophy can live our lives 'our' way, and raise
our families the right way, and be happy to see them follow our footsteps, hopefully.

I am concerned about the population 'accepting' the existence of drugs in their world, and many even
think that endulging in drugs, whatever kind they are is fun and part of life, just like alchohol, which
ruins lives as well.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
cocaine for instance is all over the corporate world, not a street drug for the schmucks, but it does
make schmucks out of many who think they are so cool and on the cool road to success.

the difficulty in my opinion is far too deep. how can people clean up the police forces, they have had
corruption for many generations, even before drugs became the problem they are today.

any candidate running for any party could never promise to do anything like that, they know they have no
power and will fail in their efforts, and will never be elected again, and that is what it is all about,
re election, so they aren't going to touch that big problem with a ten foot pole.
no, jlm, I have come to a point in my life, where I know the world will exist always around power and money, and all of us, who don't buy into that philosophy can live our lives 'our' way, and raise
our families the right way, and be happy to see them follow our footsteps, hopefully.

I am concerned about the population 'accepting' the existence of drugs in their world, and many even
think that endulging in drugs, whatever kind they are is fun and part of life, just like alchohol, which
ruins lives as well.

It's just so sad, those addicted on drugs know no other form of enjoyment, they have no REAL friends, their credibility is zero.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
It's just so sad, those addicted on drugs know no other form of enjoyment, they have no REAL friends, their credibility is zero.

yeah, the whole situation concerning the manufacturing, right down to the pitiful addict, is very sad,
to think how the human race can be so active on the side of ruining the lives of others, and so sad
to know that there are so many who can't find a way to get through a day without putting such menacing
crap into their bodies.
Life is so short anyway, when we think of the big picture, the people who are killing others, and the
ones being killed, or just living a life of hell. Is it worth it, really.

Looking in from the outside, knowing nothing is being done about it, and seems, can't be done about it, and
the spin off for people grabbing money to keep quiet, is
a very helpless feeling, so one just has to go about their business, put it away somewhere in the back
of the mind, and 'live'.

and, oh yes, the election, doelsn't matter whom we vote for, its the same ole, same ole.

OK, now that i've delivered all of the above doom and gloom, i'm going to have a
good day, as usual.
Hope you do the same.

Last edited:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Chritsti Clarke on the Bill Good show this morning likely managed to lose even more votes.
Even Bill Good has become aggravated with her. She talks about a balanced budget which
is not even close and based of phantom speculation She talked about debt free which is
not going to happen in our lifetime unfortunately let alone during her time in office which will
be less than a month.
Now Dix does have a twenty point lead but that will narrow some but not that much as more
people become angry with her government. The reason? They have nothing to offer but
fear and fear doesn't work that well when the electorate is angry. No Dix is not perfect but he
is more respectable than the current Liberals. The BC Conservatives are nowhere right now
but that might change down the road. The Greens are more dictatorial than any other group
they would stuff their program down the throats of everyone.
Looks like BC politics as usual. I'm quite comfortable voting for Dix this time given the choices
we have.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
yeah, the whole situation concerning the manufacturing, right down to the pitiful addict, is very sad,
to think how the human race can be so active on the side of ruining the lives of others, and so sad
to know that there are so many who can't find a way to get through a day without putting such menacing
crap into their bodies.
Life is so short anyway, when we think of the big picture, the people who are killing others, and the
ones being killed, or just living a life of hell. Is it worth it, really.

Looking in from the outside, knowing nothing is being done about it, and seems, can't be done about it, and
the spin off for people grabbing money to keep quiet, is
a very helpless feeling, so one just has to go about their business, put it away somewhere in the back
of the mind, and 'live'.

and, oh yes, the election, doelsn't matter whom we vote for, its the same ole, same ole.

OK, now that i've delivered all of the above doom and gloom, i'm going to have a
good day, as usual.
Hope you do the same.

Yes, especially when it affects someone close to you! Like you I have a lot to be thankful for. -:)

Chritsti Clarke on the Bill Good show this morning likely managed to lose even more votes.
Even Bill Good has become aggravated with her. She talks about a balanced budget which
is not even close and based of phantom speculation She talked about debt free which is
not going to happen in our lifetime unfortunately let alone during her time in office which will
be less than a month.
Now Dix does have a twenty point lead but that will narrow some but not that much as more
people become angry with her government. The reason? They have nothing to offer but
fear and fear doesn't work that well when the electorate is angry. No Dix is not perfect but he
is more respectable than the current Liberals. The BC Conservatives are nowhere right now
but that might change down the road. The Greens are more dictatorial than any other group
they would stuff their program down the throats of everyone.
Looks like BC politics as usual. I'm quite comfortable voting for Dix this time given the choices
we have.

Yep, for sure BUT can't compare apples and oranges. Would you think of testing two vehicles- one being driven in all gears and the other just sitting and idling?

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
It's an opinion. I don't share it, Grumpy. And that doesn't mean I am a Liberal fan either. As far as I'm concerned that blundering, arrogant fool, Campbull, is right up there with any Dipper. Same for the current pinhead. But also, the state of gov't bureaucracy doesn't help matters any, either.

This is interesting--wouldn't you say the bureaucracy is a function of the ruling party? Or are you implying that teh bureacracy is some malevolent entity beyond the control of those that are supposed to be in charge (i.e. the Ministers)?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Yes, especially when it affects someone close to you! Like you I have a lot to be thankful for. -:)

Yep, for sure BUT can't compare apples and oranges. Would you think of testing two vehicles- one being driven in all gears and the other just sitting and idling?

i'm quite comfortable with 'what' dambgrumpy is comfortable with, give the other party a chance to show
us something other than what we are not happy with right now, and, as so many times before, if we aren't
satisfied with that after four years, back to the liberals again, and on and on, they are all a gamble.

where is saddam when you need him. (just kidding, he's right where he should be.).

how about putin, naw

how about george bush, 'choke' 'gag' 'barf'.

iran,?, nope, chavez, gone, whew, wouldn't want him, thats for sure.

how about the north korean 'pea brain', wouldn't he be slightly out of place in victoria!!!!

many more that I don't want inside our borders.

I'll take our piddly minded elected individuals, not really harmful, not really helpful, but I
sure don't want their jobs.

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
Got my Shaw bill today, it covers TV, Phone and internet, Saved almost $7.00 in HST. Must be killing the Liberals here that the HST is gone! It took me a moment to figure out why the bill was lower than normal, I mean nothing ever goes down, Right? Then it hit me that extra almost 7 bucks was what we were paying in HST.

No this government is worse they already have reached the 67 billion dollar mark and are going
A large part of the BC debt was so Campbell could union bust. For example Williams Lake had an old folks home right down town, The old folks could actually walk down town if they were ambulatory,or take disability scooters, the building was in good shape, however the workers were trained union members. So the Liberal government in its rush to kill the union, built a big new facility a mile and a half up hill from the old building. In the mean time they let all the union member employees go. Hire all new untrained staff when they moved the old folks up hill away from the down town area. It didn't matter that the old folks didn't want to move, they were forced to go! Our hospitals here now have the worst food , so the biggest part is thrown away as inedible due to the brilliant idea of saving money on cafeteria staff, and making that slop in a central area and trucking it to hospitals. Trained hospital staff were disposed of and now our hospitals are less than clean. But by gawd no union!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Got my Shaw bill today, it covers TV, Phone and internet, Saved almost $7.00 in HST. Must be killing the Liberals here that the HST is gone! It took me a moment to figure out why the bill was lower than normal, I mean nothing ever goes down, Right? Then it hit me that extra almost 7 bucks was what we were paying in HST.

I'm also with Shaw, but unlike you my last bill was higher. Hang onto that $7, knowing Shaw you'll be paying it back on the next bill. I'm getting the same service as you and my last bill was $186 and change!

A large part of the BC debt was so Campbell could union bust. For example Williams Lake had an old folks home right down town, The old folks could actually walk down town if they were ambulatory,or take disability scooters, the building was in good shape, however the workers were trained union members. So the Liberal government in its rush to kill the union, built a big new facility a mile and a half up hill from the old building. In the mean time they let all the union member employees go. Hire all new untrained staff when they moved the old folks up hill away from the down town area. It didn't matter that the old folks didn't want to move, they were forced to go! Our hospitals here now have the worst food , so the biggest part is thrown away as inedible due to the brilliant idea of saving money on cafeteria staff, and making that slop in a central area and trucking it to hospitals. Trained hospital staff were disposed of and now our hospitals are less than clean. But by gawd no union!

I was told the meals in the Vernon Jubilee Hosp. are shipped up from Kelowna.................Makes a lot of sense eh?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Speaking of the election, I just brought home a campaign sign for my preference - Gary Young. He is the independent running in our riding. I have been in touch with him and am quite impressed with his knowledge of our area and the various issues of concern to us in the Cariboo. Hoping that some of my neighbors will ask me about the sign so I can inform them about his platform and let them know there is another choice besides NDP, Lib.........or the silly greenie.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
got my shaw bill today, it covers tv, phone and internet, saved almost $7.00 in hst. Must be killing the liberals here that the hst is gone! It took me a moment to figure out why the bill was lower than normal, i mean nothing ever goes down, right? Then it hit me that extra almost 7 bucks was what we were paying in hst.

A large part of the bc debt was so campbell could union bust. For example williams lake had an old folks home right down town, the old folks could actually walk down town if they were ambulatory,or take disability scooters, the building was in good shape, however the workers were trained union members. So the liberal government in its rush to kill the union, built a big new facility a mile and a half up hill from the old building. In the mean time they let all the union member employees go. Hire all new untrained staff when they moved the old folks up hill away from the down town area. It didn't matter that the old folks didn't want to move, they were forced to go! Our hospitals here now have the worst food , so the biggest part is thrown away as inedible due to the brilliant idea of saving money on cafeteria staff, and making that slop in a central area and trucking it to hospitals. Trained hospital staff were disposed of and now our hospitals are less than clean. But by gawd no union!

roflmfao

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Speaking of the election, I just brought home a campaign sign for my preference - Gary Young. He is the independent running in our riding. I have been in touch with him and am quite impressed with his knowledge of our area and the various issues of concern to us in the Cariboo. Hoping that some of my neighbors will ask me about the sign so I can inform them about his platform and let them know there is another choice besides NDP, Lib.........or the silly greenie.

One good thing about an Independent, he hasn't yet had a chance to get corrupted like the other three. We have three choices in this riding, may as well be "Hobson's Choice"- :)

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
[/FONT]

One good thing about an Independent, he hasn't yet had a chance to get corrupted like the other three. We have three choices in this riding, may as well be "Hobson's Choice"- :)

And he is beholden to no one. He probably hasn't a hope in heck of winning but he has my support which I am sure makes him very happy. :lol:

DavidB

Nominee Member
Apr 24, 2006
www.akiti.ca
This election has been a sleeper for me; there aren't any hot-button issues to get excited about.
This election will be the first general election Christy Clark faces since being elected leader of the Liberal Party. Since then, she has done nothing that stands out, shows initiative, or provides inspiration. I suppose that is the smart thing to do; after all, you can't trip if you are standing still, right? But it sure is a damn lame example of leadership.

Unfortunately, all the other options are even worse.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
This election has been a sleeper for me; there aren't any hot-button issues to get excited about.
This election will be the first general election Christy Clark faces since being elected leader of the Liberal Party. Since then, she has done nothing that stands out, shows initiative, or provides inspiration. I suppose that is the smart thing to do; after all, you can't trip if you are standing still, right? But it sure is a damn lame example of leadership.

Unfortunately, all the other options are even worse.
That is why I'm voting for a young (29) independent with balls and chutzpah. This kid has energy and commitment to rock the house. I think more people should vote independent. The more the merrier. I really want to see a minority government.