Are we well informed or misinformed?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Oh, you were only half as bad as I was. I got it once in grade 5 and once in grade 6. Both times I was innocent! :)

6 years of public ed. That's about all hubby had. Went to a private school for 3 after that and then took college after that. He did pretty well with his Lt. pension from firefighting and his HD mechanics papers from the college.
Now he's in the school of life and I am training him. hahaha

That's the tough one and you don't get any 'papers' :)

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Until recently they used pain and humiliation. Did you ever get the strap?

No such thing in my time. Although we did have a teacher who would periodically loose it and once threw a students desk at them for asking a question after being told to not ask questions.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I was an angel in school. Erm, well, I never got caught at anything anyways. I used to get a lot of warning looks, though.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

“I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance....” - Reuben Blades
My news tells me about all the things in the first column, and little or nothing from the second.

Maybe you're using the wrong news, Cliffy.

Or maybe you're just a self-important lefty Wa-Na-Be who's accomplished the square root of sweet f*ck-all in his life and therefore can only feel good about himself by trashing other people.

One or the other.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Well, give Cliffy a break. He did get that from something at www. facebook.com/sciencegas......

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
No such thing in my time. Although we did have a teacher who would periodically loose it and once threw a students desk at them for asking a question after being told to not ask questions.

You're just a kid, Twila. I think it was 1974 when the N.D.P. of the day banned the strap in B.C. Worst thing the Barrett Gov't did. I think Eileen Dailly was the perpetrator. :) :)

Cliffy's big on posting lies, then dodging by saying he didn't make them up and what we really need to focus on is the GREATER MEANING.

What a load.

Maybe sometimes emotion takes over from his brain! But no worries, I haul him up short on it. :) :) Cliffy knows I'm sensible. :)

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
This coming from a white man wannabe. Now that's funny.
BTW, I not an Indian wannabe. I'm a Hippie, always have been, always will be. I don't hate "my people" like you do.

There are a great many of my people that i do not hate, it is a minority of lazy whiners like you that i do hate.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Do they try and tell you how it was back then? Very curious as to how they act. Here in Massachusetts our US Senator is a wannabee that made a career from stepping on the heads on NAs. Checking the box all the way to the top with not one bit of NA blood in her.

My family moved well away from reserves, alcohol, and lazy whining idiots, many many years ago. We do not interact with family members who remain losers. My Dad and three of his brothers fought in WW11 plus Korea. They were already a normal part of the Canadian working public who were rarely treated with discrimination, and that was in small towns. One of my uncles came here to the Island to log in 1953, with the help of some family here from my mothers side he was very successful with floating camps.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
My news tells me about all the things in the first column, and little or nothing from the second.

Maybe you're using the wrong news, Cliffy.

Or maybe you're just a self-important lefty Wa-Na-Be who's accomplished the square root of sweet f*ck-all in his life and therefore can only feel good about himself by trashing other people.

One or the other.

What he said.

Personally, I wouldn't know a kardashian or a Kanye if I tripped over them.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
My family moved well away from reserves, alcohol, and lazy whining idiots, many many years ago. We do not interact with family members who remain losers. My Dad and three of his brothers fought in WW11 plus Korea. They were already a normal part of the Canadian working public who were rarely treated with discrimination, and that was in small towns. One of my uncles came here to the Island to log in 1953, with the help of some family here from my mothers side he was very successful with floating camps.

When I was a Marine we had a Navy Corpsman who was a NA. What a great guy he was and I never heard a whine from him at all. He was focused on his job of caring for us Grunts and having fun when we all went on liberty. Only once do I remember having a conversation with him on life on the Res and I was the one that asked him about it...

"Come on... I'll show you some pictures." he said.

I asked questions and he answered as he showed me his photos.

I just remember him being a great guy and dedicated Corpsman.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Ditto. Just not quite as long ago.