Are we well informed or misinformed?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Geeez It's easy, as Marshall McLuhan said, "Celebrity is news. Everything else is entertainment."
and
"All media exist to invest our lives with artificial perceptions and arbitrary values."

Nice! I hadn't heard that quote before.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Much worse, he is just dumb not rapacious.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Much worse, he is just dumb not rapacious.

Do they try and tell you how it was back then? Very curious as to how they act. Here in Massachusetts our US Senator is a wannabee that made a career from stepping on the heads on NAs. Checking the box all the way to the top with not one bit of NA blood in her.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
society is willfully misinformed. It's sometimes too much for the average person to be aware of all the destruction, chaos, and mayhem that man is performing. If the average person knew and understood all of it, they'd either commit suicide or be immobilized by fear.

Public education has a great responsibility in the maintenance of general ignorance, it has put limits on critical thought, even mandated what subjects we are allowed to contemplate. We are not allowed to hate global organized crime unless it has government approval.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Public education has a great responsibility in the maintenance of general ignorance, it has put limits on critical thought, even mandated what subjects we are allowed to contemplate. We are not allowed to hate global organized crime unless it has government approval.

So... you were educated in public school were you?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

but tradition DB. Schools have been teaching kids the same way for a hundred years.

Learning by memorization. what a horrible way to "learn"

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
but tradition DB. Schools have been teaching kids the same way for a hundred years.

Absolutely, much easier to get to the answer using logic! :)

For six full yeers.

Who taught you how to spell? :) :)

At one time they were probably trying to give you the best "tools" to function at most aspects of life. (That changes by the week now)

This coming from a white man wannabe. Now that's funny.
BTW, I not an Indian wannabe. I'm a Hippie, always have been, always will be. I don't hate "my people" like you do.

Good way to be, Cliffy.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

The Iliad and the Odyessy were both memorized. It is a very great skill. Of course I have to takes notes on my left hand and even then I sometimes forget I've done it.

Oh... well... by your posts one would think you're still attending.

You are correct sir. I suppose you are a graduate.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
6 years of public ed. That's about all hubby had. Went to a private school for 3 after that and then took college after that. He did pretty well with his Lt. pension from firefighting and his HD mechanics papers from the college.
Now he's in the school of life and I am training him. hahaha