Are people just getting too selfish and Greedy?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Not sure which post you are referring to. Being allowed to ask? or being rated?

I think every job should be evaluated by a panel according to the attributes of the job- education required, skills required, environmental conditions, degree of responsibility, amount of concentration required, hazards encountered, labour intensity, etc. etc. and each attribute indexed and totalled to set a factor (to be reviewed periodically as conditions change) So if a brain surgeon comes out at .99, a plumber at .86, an oil rig charge hand at .83, a carpenter at .77 then those are the numbers used in the formula. I think this would avoid a lot of job action and squabbling.
Lenin would have been proud of such Bolshevik thinking.You could have gotten a 10Kg allotment of smoked ham sosyska, mackerel, a case of wodka and rubber boots with felts as a bonus.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Lenin would have been proud of such Bolshevik thinking.You could have gotten a 10Kg allotment of smoked ham sosyska, mackerel, a case of wodka and rubber boots with felts as a bonus.

What would be wrong with evaluating the components of what a person is worth? What I didn't specify was that there be a member of each occupation present on the panel. This is just the start of an idea not the whole idea which would only be reached through a process of fine tuning. Maybe a Bolshevik should be invited. :lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What would be wrong with evaluating the components of what a person is worth? What I didn't specify was that there be a member of each occupation present on the panel. This is just the start of an idea not the whole idea which would only be reached through a process of fine tuning. Maybe a Bolshevik should be invited. :lol:
It was the high costs of energy, taxes, food, housing, etc that sparked the Bolsheviks who called for a levelling of the playing field with set pricing and wages.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
but I would imagine to ease your own conscience, you are volunteering extra payments so when you retire (if someone hasn't killed you first) you won't be a drag on the public tit!

I don't need my conscience eased. I'm not the one constantly whining about what other people get while lapping up the subsidies myself. I leave that type of hypocrisy to folks like you.

Besides, do you have a statement of my contribution or are you just blowing smoke out your arse?
I don't need a statement of your earnings. Clearly, you have no idea how the system works.

Oh, I get it. You're allowed to have an indexed pension, but not to ask for a raise while you're working.

That'll work....once I'm retired. The term "nimby" comes to mind whenever threads like this pop up.

I think every job should be evaluated by a panel according to the attributes of the job- education required, skills required, environmental conditions, degree of responsibility, amount of concentration required, hazards encountered, labour intensity, etc. etc. and each attribute indexed and totalled to set a factor (to be reviewed periodically as conditions change) So if a brain surgeon comes out at .99, a plumber at .86, an oil rig charge hand at .83, a carpenter at .77 then those are the numbers used in the formula. I think this would avoid a lot of job action and squabbling.

That would work for a day or so, then you would start whining about how they picked the folks to sit on the panel or how much they got paid.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Of course the organized teachers are a pretentious lot. For the most part the majority of them are flunkies in waiting who pretend they are a professional association rather than a working class union. Screw them, they are the front line of misinformation, molders of docile mindless 3rd grade citizens

I wasn't going to reply to this post or thread, but you do have a point.

I remember my only year in the public high school system in Ontario when the Harris government was around. The teachers would go out around outside of the school after 3:05 trying to convince students to sway their parents into voting for the NDP and Liberals, flyers-in-hand. I didn't think much of it then because I wasn't really aware of the rules of politics or even how public paid teachers were to act on school premises, but they (the teachers) really did act like they were the most important people in the entire world.

Of course, now I see how wrong their political plays were. Teachers are not paid to or supposed to teach our children political opinions. I do agree that some teachers are the backbone of our society, raising the young to use their brains and even teaching their brains some useful tidbits of essential arithmetic. Most of my teachers both in private and (moreso) public were complete idiots and politically radical and irresponsible. I've been (proudly) suspended 3 times for disagreeing with teachers and their absurd political outrages inclass and my disagreement with them spouting them out of class. My most memorable time was at a school in Thornhill, ON when a very radical Irish woman teacher told our class of how great the Republic of Ireland was and how the UK of GB should rot in hell and burn; the next day I saw her, myself wearing a t-shirt with a large union flag on it.. I hummed "Rule Britannia" to her then and I was suspended immediately for 3 days because I was "mocking feminism".