Are B.C. school teachers being realistic

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You should put on a clinic for the boys at Schneiders and Maple Leaf. :lol: (Sorry Petros, I responded to the wrong post)
Can't. They have to use heavy helpings of nitrates and other preservatives, as well as water injection to increase weight to make sure they reap a healthy profit.

I don't.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Can't. They have to use heavy helpings of nitrates and other preservatives, as well as water injection to increase weight to make sure they reap a healthy profit.

I don't.

I have a book around somewhere I bought years ago written by a butcher from Langley B.C. exposing all the tricks of the trade and I still remember a few.............watering the hamburger to increase the weight. To save money don't buy steaks, buy roasts and cut your own steaks.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
What about the use of meat glue that's being talked about lately? I think you know you've been "glued" when you buy what should be a roast that is a little on the tough side and it turns out that it's as tender as can be. The word is that even experts have difficulty knowing if left over meat parts have been glued to look like a steak or a roast. Gross!! Must be a lot of left over small pieces to glue.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Garlic makes anything digestable. Even SPAM and Cheez Whiz.

Spoken like a true Ukrainian. :lol:

Spam

Food is up around 12% over the past year. It would make a good thread.

At least, I was in Safeway yesterday where lean hamburger was just under $11 per kg. It stayed on the shelf. Eggs are up over 100% in five years as is bread. The only way to beat it is by stocking up on things on sale.