Anything Multicultural Is Good Now

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
gopher inquired:

"If you don't mind me asking, who exactly opened it up to white immigrants in the first place?"

gopher, history did! for centuries the strong always won. If the Europeans had been like the North Americans we would all be sitting on our a$$es, hunting buffaloes and bowing to kings.

Luckily, the white colonialists established a continent - United States and Canada - where until recently merit, strength, ability and ambition counted for success.

Unluckily, recently success has been to be awarded to the non-deserving bases on skin colour, gender and sexual orientation.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
lone wolf, there is a little bit of Archie Bunker in every single one of us, including you.

I am an immigrant and I say, proudly, that multiculturalism is BUNK. It is a safe assumption that the greatest proponents of that politically correct doctrine are those who could not speak a single word in any language other than English, and those who could not cook an ethnic meal other boiling water.

Based on your posts you are a led-pipe cinch to be one of them.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
lone wolf, there is a little bit of Archie Bunker in every single one of us, including you.

I am an immigrant and I say, proudly, that multiculturalism is BUNK. It is a safe assumption that the greatest proponents of that politically correct doctrine are those who could not speak a single word in any language other than English, and those who could not cook an ethnic meal other boiling water.

Based on your posts you are a led-pipe cinch to be one of them.

Just go with what your TV tells you, Jack.... I'm sure you know all about lead pipes and stuff

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
gopher inquired:

"If you don't mind me asking, who exactly opened it up to white immigrants in the first place?"

gopher, history did! for centuries the strong always won. If the Europeans had been like the North Americans we would all be sitting on our a$$es, hunting buffaloes and bowing to kings.

Luckily, the white colonialists established a continent - United States and Canada - where until recently merit, strength, ability and ambition counted for success.

Unluckily, recently success has been to be awarded to the non-deserving bases on skin colour, gender and sexual orientation.

The rate of heart attacks, cancer, drug and alcohol addiction and suicide would indicate that the protestant work ethic has some flaws.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
You are a white immigrant though Jack, so that means you have a better work ethic, morals etc, correct?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You are a white immigrant though Jack, so that means you have a better work ethic, morals etc, correct?

I wonder what percentage of the world is white (caucasian). Seems to me they have their fair share of laziness, poor morals and sh*t disturbing, not to mention greed. A lot of our first nations people seem to have a wiser, calmer approach to life and at least some of the ones who've failed did so on account of white man's firewater.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"You are a white immigrant though Jack, so that means you have a better work ethic, morals etc, correct?"

Never said that, DurkaDurka. If the entire white race were only as successful in life as I have been, the white race would still be first, but to a diminished degree.

Having said that, am I a racist? I don't think so. Just look at history.

"I wonder what percentage of the world is white (caucasian). Seems to me they have their fair share of laziness, poor morals and sh*t disturbing, not to mention greed. A lot of our first nations people seem to have a wiser, calmer approach to life and at least some of the ones who've failed did so on account of white man's firewater."

JLM, of course there enough white folks who would fail on the diligence scale. Heaven knows, I may be one of them after all I am not wealthy as Bill Gates.

Also, let it be known that I am quite particular in the enjoyment of "fire water". Nobody forces me to drink it, just like nobody forced the Natives to take it and drink it. But unlike the Natives I do not blame any misfortune in my life on someone else.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
"You are a white immigrant though Jack, so that means you have a better work ethic, morals etc, correct?"

Never said that, DurkaDurka. If the entire white race were only as successful in life as I have been, the white race would still be first, but to a diminished degree.

Having said that, am I a racist? I don't think so. Just look at history.

"I wonder what percentage of the world is white (caucasian). Seems to me they have their fair share of laziness, poor morals and sh*t disturbing, not to mention greed. A lot of our first nations people seem to have a wiser, calmer approach to life and at least some of the ones who've failed did so on account of white man's firewater."

JLM, of course there enough white folks who would fail on the diligence scale. Heaven knows, I may be one of them after all I am not wealthy as Bill Gates.

Also, let it be known that I am quite particular in the enjoyment of "fire water". Nobody forces me to drink it, just like nobody forced the Natives to take it and drink it. But unlike the Natives I do not blame any misfortune in my life on someone else.

I think we have to cut the Natives a little slack there- it was a novelty to them and the white man used it (and them) to the whiteman's advantage. Having said that, it's now time to get on with things and all Canadian citizens should have the same rights and responsibilities.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
"I think we have to cut the Natives a little slack there- it was a novelty to them and the white man used it (and them) to the whiteman's advantage. Having said that, it's now time to get on with things and all Canadian citizens should have the same rights and responsibilities."

JLM, name just ONE conquered people who was ever given more slack than "Native"/"First Nation" Americans/Canadians.

Tax free everything. Subsidized everything. Return nothing. Or at least, very little.

I fully agree with you that all Canadian citizens should have the same rights and responsibilities. Including Indians.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Sucking on the Government teat based on nationality, ethnicity or any other reason having to do with difference from the norm is nothing but free-loading.

I am an immigrant here. I never expected and never accepted any handout from the government to further my heritage. I always thought that if I want to preserve my heritage, and pass it onto my children, it was MY and MY responsibility alone to do so.

I would not lower myself to go begging for government funds nor would I accept any
for the furtherance of my heritage.

No immigrant and no "Native" should expect that.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
"I think we have to cut the Natives a little slack there- it was a novelty to them and the white man used it (and them) to the whiteman's advantage. Having said that, it's now time to get on with things and all Canadian citizens should have the same rights and responsibilities."

JLM, name just ONE conquered people who was ever given more slack than "Native"/"First Nation" Americans/Canadians.

Tax free everything. Subsidized everything. Return nothing. Or at least, very little.

I fully agree with you that all Canadian citizens should have the same rights and responsibilities. Including Indians.

Quebec

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Do we really want to get that "can of worms" opened up. My family has native blood and I've had several native friends. One in particular from the Fraser Canyon was/is (Haven't heard from him for years) one of the most decent and hard working people I've known. He was a Cat operator who would think nothing of working 50-60 days straight and come home for 2-3days off. Anyway maybe there were members of his band that came up a little short, so the only thing we can accomplish by reliving this stuff is just to make the good segment feel bad while the bad segment don't give a sh*t. Put it to sleep, Yukon.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Do we really want to get that "can of worms" opened up. My family has native blood and I've had several native friends. One in particular from the Fraser Canyon was/is (Haven't heard from him for years) one of the most decent and hard working people I've known. He was a Cat operator who would think nothing of working 50-60 days straight and come home for 2-3days off. Anyway maybe there were members of his band that came up a little short, so the only thing we can accomplish by reliving this stuff is just to make the good segment feel bad while the bad segment don't give a sh*t. Put it to sleep, Yukon.

Please don't be "correcting". A question was floated for which there was another response. There is a perfect example of that "talking down to"

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Please don't be "correcting". A question was floated for which there was another response. There is a perfect example of that "talking down to"

Sorry, sorry, sorry, I meant to respond to Yukon's post #32 and somehow got it tangled up with yours- damned Alzheimers................:lol:

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
The entire concept of multiculturalism has been an ill conceived disaster. It has fostered a culture of complaint.. of perceived victimization. It has created a proliferation of micro cultures.. and undermined a sense of nationalism, common heritage, self sacrifice and patriotism. Patria now is to the 'hood', the ethnic ghetto.. and heaven help anyone who 'disses' a 'home boy'.

Our government is run by weaklings, in intellect and character, these days, compared to those who built the country.

Last edited: