Anti-war protester Cindy Sheehan brings message north

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
Johnny Utah said:
I think not said:
Sheehan has become a political figure, she runs around the world condemning Bush and all who support him. Stop and think for a moment she may actually believe she is doing the right thing in her own mind. Remember when she got arrested in DC and the fringe left went nuts on freedom of speech? That just goes to show the narrow-mindedness of a few. She KNEW she would get arrested, that's why she did what she did, to gain publicity.

And whatever else anybody might call her. She is still the mother of a fallen soldier, this pain doesn't magically go away.
It's sad her son died but her son hasn't even become the issue anymore it seems. Look at the groups she's hooked up with from the fringe left, Code Pinko, Moveon.org and Michael Moore to name a few who have done nothing but use her and when their done with her they will kick her to the curb, and I do feel sorry for her for that reason..

When she held her protest last year outside Bush's Ranch, she named her camp "Camp Casey" that angered some Korean War Vets( it was something like that) There's the family members of the fallen in Iraq who went to her camp and removed the crosses with the names of their children or relatives placed there without permission..

the US will be deafeated in iraq
partly from without
party from within due to the lefties in the states
god bless them all

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
Since when does having a headstone on a grave prove you love someone more? I find the ostentatious gravestones in cemetery make me think that someone who hadnt paid much attention to the dead person in life, got a big inheritance on their death and so spent a few extra bucks on the marble to feel less guilty. Some of the most poignant graves are those with the the tiniest markers.

As for being away from her husband, well it is a sad statistic that divorce is almost guaranteed when a couple lose a child to violent death. It is too hard to sleep beside a constant reminder of your loss.

Yeah, Cindy is an attention seeker. As are parents who lose their kids to a drunk driver- they join MADD. Or parents who lose their kid to a rapist fight release of pedophiles. Or to cancer, they campaign for the cancer society. It is a way of trying to divert their mind away from the numbing pain, and feel that they are doing something to help. This may make us irritated by them but Cindy Sheehan is no more enjoying the attention of her actions than is the parent who campaigns with MADD because her kid was hit by a drunk driver. And you wouldnt suggest that the latter was an attention whore.

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
you have to forgive john boy and his uncle
they are upset
because they know that the US will lose in iraq
as surely as the mexicans will keep coming
sheehan --to be called a whore..

hummm --i think they may have got her confused with ---
well lets leave their families out of it shall we

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Re: RE: Anti-war protester Cindy Sheehan brings message nort

fuzzylogix said:
Since when does having a headstone on a grave prove you love someone more? I find the ostentatious gravestones in cemetery make me think that someone who hadnt paid much attention to the dead person in life, got a big inheritance on their death and so spent a few extra bucks on the marble to feel less guilty. Some of the most poignant graves are those with the the tiniest markers.

As for being away from her husband, well it is a sad statistic that divorce is almost guaranteed when a couple lose a child to violent death. It is too hard to sleep beside a constant reminder of your loss.

Yeah, Cindy is an attention seeker. As are parents who lose their kids to a drunk driver- they join MADD. Or parents who lose their kid to a rapist fight release of pedophiles. Or to cancer, they campaign for the cancer society. It is a way of trying to divert their mind away from the numbing pain, and feel that they are doing something to help. This may make us irritated by them but Cindy Sheehan is no more enjoying the attention of her actions than is the parent who campaigns with MADD because her kid was hit by a drunk driver. And you wouldnt suggest that the latter was an attention *censored*.
Comparing Cindy Sheehan to the Mothers of MADD? My cousin lost her Four year old son to a drunk driver she works with MADD and doesn't make an ass out of herself as Cindy Sheehan does so don't even go there it's not the same thing. You're comparing Apples & Oranges.. :roll:

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Johnny Utah, how has Ms. Cindy Sheehan demonstrated making "an ass out of herself"? Ms. Sheehan lost a son to the intervention in the Republic of Iraq — and she chooses to support efforts to discontinue that intervention. This is the same thing, in principle, as those who would seek to discontinue the practice of drunk driving, if one had lost a child to such a thing.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006

FiveParadox said:
Johnny Utah, how has Ms. Cindy Sheehan demonstrated making "an ass out of herself"? Ms. Sheehan lost a son to the intervention in the Republic of Iraq — and she chooses to support efforts to discontinue that intervention. This is the same thing, in principle, as those who would seek to discontinue the practice of drunk driving, if one had lost a child to such a thing.
Where to begin? Let's look at Cindy Sheehan coming to Canada telling the Canadian Government and people how we should honor Canada's Fallen Heroes? F-Her she can mind her own dam business..

That is just one example of her many stunts in which she makes an ass out of herself. If you want more they are all over the internet enjoy surfing..

Again it's pure BS to compare this woman to the Mother's of MADD, she is in no way like the Mothers of MADD, it's comparing Apples and Oranges..

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
If I lost a son to this immoral war of shrubs, I'd be making a hell of a lot of noise too. How many other parents aren't doing this because they would have to admit to themselves their kid died for no good reason? Easier to cover themselves with the flag and chant the slogans than acknowledge the truth.

And who gives a fuck if there is a grave marker or not? The dead corpse of your child is just that, a dead corpse. How are you 'honouring' anyone with that?

You are quite the case Johnny getting your jollys on this one.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006

thecdn said:
If I lost a son to this immoral war of shrubs, I'd be making a hell of a lot of noise too. How many other parents aren't doing this because they would have to admit to themselves their kid died for no good reason? Easier to cover themselves with the flag and chant the slogans than acknowledge the truth.

And who gives a *censored* if there is a grave marker or not? The dead corpse of your child is just that, a dead corpse. How are you 'honouring' anyone with that?

You are quite the case Johnny getting your jollys on this one.
You're quite the case calling the remains of a fallen soldier a dead corpse. You get you're jollys making disrespectful comments of how fallen soldiers are honored.. :roll:

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
the remains of a dead soldier
in actual fact
are dead
and can be quite accurately described as a corpse
---giggle---

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
johnny thinks that the soldier who dies in battle---should be thought of as having achieved a ---mystical eternal state-- a kind of
sainthood---without the 72 virgins
when all they are is maggot food
just like their unfortunate victims

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC

cortezzz said:
johnny thinks that the soldier who dies in battle---should be thought of as having achieved a ---mystical eternal state-- a kind of
I would suggest to the membership that this comment has been made in quite poor taste.

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
not at all
death of our self is permanent
it is serious
that is why murder
or in this case state sponsorsed murder is so serious

do you believe that after we die what is left of us does not become transformed into part of the soil of this planet
do you have any other scientifically verifiable
options regarding this
because if you do
you get the nobel prize

with the denial of death
comes religion with the false promise of life after death
and then-- ironically comes people killing other people in the name of ---or with the psychological assistance of said slanderous philosophy

these post regarding dead soldiers are in poor taste

when i see a coffin wrapped in a flag---

i think of the people that soldier killed

chew on that

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006

cortezzz said:
The Soldiers who give their lives are Heroes. It's because of their courage and sacrifice you have the freedoms you do. You're post was tasteless..

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL

Johnny Utah said:
You're quite the case calling the remains of a fallen soldier a dead corpse. You get you're jollys making disrespectful comments of how fallen soldiers are honored.. :roll:

The remains of any person is a dead corpse. Forgive if I don't have the american fetish of romanticizing everything martial by wrapping it in the flag. Dead is dead.

My family will be cremated upon their deaths. This cult of ritual over a dead body is another uselesss remaint of religions.

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006

Johnny Utah said:
cortezzz said:
The Soldiers who give their lives are Heroes. It's because of their courage and sacrifice you have the freedoms you do. You're post was tasteless..

pure unadulterated bullshit

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL

Johnny Utah said:
[The Soldiers who give their lives are Heroes.

No. In most cases they are poor schumcks in the wrong place at the wrong time doing what they were ordered to do. When did dieing become heroic?

Why do americans insist on cheapening the word 'hero?' How can everyone be a hero? What do you call someone who really does something heroic when the word has become meaningless through overuse?

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
exactly

and

not only are many of them not heros

they are killing innocent people

and if they worked in abugraib

torturing innocent ---people--

they are not heros

they are

war criminals

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006

Johnny Utah said:
cortezzz said:

oh one more thing

not one of the freedoms i have had anything to do with any soldier anywhere

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada

cortezzz said:
Johnny Utah said:
cortezzz said:

oh one more thing

not one of the freedoms i have had anything to do with any soldier anywhere

Prove it.

Uncle