Anti-Petroleum movement a security risk to canada

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Yes our sociaty and goverment & corperation is already doing its best to be more efficient. To push it to fast can create a crisis, and it would also have it's consequences.
To tie into our thread subject. The goverment is concerned the population may try to take matter into its own hands. And it's absolutly right to fear so. With so many people dependent on the economy, a major crisis could be the death of many.

Don't ̑̑fu€ken rock the boat to hard guys, it's a fragile time.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
With so many people dependent on the economy, a major crisis could be the death of many.

since you ascribe to your earlier stated, "the inevitable"... why are you so concerned about a "could be" hypothetical?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Unless it's you're intention to kill a whole lot of people?

since you ascribe to your earlier stated, "the inevitable"... why are you so concerned about a "could be" hypothetical?

Well if we can slow our consumption , maybe my children will have the chance to go consume other planets. That would be grand.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Yes our sociaty and goverment & corperation is already doing its best to be more efficient. To push it to fast can create a crisis, and it would also have it's consequences.
To tie into our thread subject. The goverment is concerned the population may try to take matter into its own hands. And it's absolutly right to fear so. With so many people dependent on the economy, a major crisis could be the death of many.

Don't ̑̑fu€ken rock the boat to hard guys, it's a fragile time.

If anything you've just laid out a pefect argument for rocking the boat.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009

my earlier description of a thinking person spoke of an extended "timeline/roadmap" for change. One can certainly "quibble" over the length (a la your "too fast"), of that timeline/roadmap... but can one really question when to start it?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
If if you Want a whole lot of people to die. Yes. But the order will retake control reguardless that you creat a crisis.
It's why the government sees you as a threat. Because you are essentially rocking the boat that potentially could kill many humans.

Makes sense why they view you as a threat is say

my earlier description of a thinking person spoke of an extended "timeline/roadmap" for change. One can certainly "quibble" over the length (a la your "too fast"), of that timeline/roadmap... but can one really question when to start it?

I believe its already started. We consume much less then we did before.

But more and more are consuming to the modern average.

So short of going to live like animals. Yes we are talking when, not if.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'm not a nihilist like you. Perhaps humans will go the way of the dinosaurs. I don't care. Life will still go on without us. I am more concerned with all the other life forms that we are killing off. As a species we have become a cancer to the planet but I also see a lot of people waking up and standing up. There is hope but only for those who choose to stop being the problem.

More " just you wait"? Well, your threat of "Shut Down Canada" was spot on. Canada ground to a halt on Friday didn't?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
If anything you've just laid out a pefect argument for rocking the boat.

And you just hi lighted why the government see's you as a threat to its general public.

Cause a crisis could cause many people of this population to die. And your trying to cause it. You are a security liability.
The government is treating you for what you are.

I see nothing more then the government trying to protect its citizens.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
When decent becomes illegal the road to democracy is closed. Agree or disagree
we are entitled to an opinion in democracy. We are entitled to civil disobedience.
We have the right protest it is called freedom and freedom of expression.
If the mighty hand of government begins to take away those fundamental rights we
should consider that government or those governments more of a threat than those
who are protesting against a single entity. If we see it in this one isolated case at
what point will it spread to take away other rights?
I'm more concerned about loss of our freedom than I am about the environment.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
We are entitled to a opinion, Yes. Voice that opinion, yes.

Take action into you're own hands? No

The government wants to protect us from folks that take action into their own hands.
And they have my support.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Stop buying all oil based product like you did with the electrical car. Go live like a animal in the forest. No one is stoping you
LOL Why would one live in the bush because they bought an electric car or use solar or wind power? Will we be seen as terrorists for this?

I support petroleum and it's products by buying as much of it as I possibly can.
Oh for Pete's sake.....You have no choice between your views and your prejudices.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
LOL Why would one live in the bush because they bought an electric car or use solar or wind power? Will we be seen as terrorists for this?

Oh for Pete's sake.....You have no choice between your views and your prejudices.

Solar and wind turbine require oil based product to build....... Electrical cars require oil based product to produce.....
Stop being humans and go live like animals. That is the only solution to the problem.

Everything else leads to us eventually consuming this planet.

One way or the other.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
We are entitled to a opinion, Yes. Voice that opinion, yes.

Take action into you're own hands? No

The government wants to protect us from folks that take action into their own hands.
And they have my support.

Yeah, I'm feeling a little over-protected myself. I'm not as frightened as you, apparently.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Solar and wind turbine require oil based product to build....... Electrical cars require oil based product to produce.....
Stop being humans and go live like animals. That is the only solution to the problem.

Everything else leads to us eventually consuming this planet.

One way or the other.
There is a line between greedy and needy and wanting to leave something for those who must find alternatives to oil based everything. You obviously do not have an investment in the future. I have grandchildren, and while they have no clue of how hard it is to live in a drafty house, that lis not insulated, and only wood burning stoves for heat, I do wish for them a bit better than I had.

You on the other hand, do not care for the future, your own or those of others. That's fine. I just hope you do not live long enough to experience what it is to be cold, hungry and alone in the dark. Been there and done that......not nice!!

However, I suspect you are simply here to arouse tempers, so go to it.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
C-51 terrorist bill will put them all in jail

Dam good place for them. Especially when they start depriving working people of their paycheques.
If they want to protest on the steps of the legislature-fine. But the first time a machine is vandalized or an illegal road block erected they crossed the line into terrorism territory. The anti everything crowd does have the right to leave the country and give up all their entitlements if they don't like it here.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
There is a line between greedy and needy and wanting to leave something for those who must find alternatives to oil based everything. You obviously do not have an investment in the future. I have grandchildren, and while they have no clue of how hard it is to live in a drafty house, that lis not insulated, and only wood burning stoves for heat, I do wish for them a bit better than I had.

You on the other hand, do not care for the future, your own or those of others. That's fine. I just hope you do not live long enough to experience what it is to be cold, hungry and alone in the dark. Been there and done that......not nice!!

However, I suspect you are simply here to arouse tempers, so go to it.

How far into the future are you concerned about? All the GHG on the planet won't stop what is coming.

Ice.

More than a 100 billion jet powered snowblowers can handle.