Another Shooting?? Shocking !! (not)

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Why are you being sarcastic about a tragedy like this?

Just do a search on OB's posted threads- 90% are Anti US -
Fixated she is, quite fixated.

Fixated - arrested in development or adjustment; especially : arrested at a pregenital level of psychosexual development

Other Psychology Terms
fetish, hypochondria, intelligence, mania, narcissism, neurosis, pathological, psychosis, schadenfreude

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
There there girl....

Whoa buddy, you're the one pitching a fit every time someone says happy holidays. Quit yer bitchin' and get over it.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Whoa buddy, you're the one pitching a fit every time someone says happy holidays. Quit yer bitchin' and get over it.

It is a matter of respect - I use the Muslim terms of greeting during their Holy Days. Respect for difference does not mean you agree. It is just good character which includes manners.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
a) provide the stats of which you speak. thanks.

the claim that murder rates and gun availability world-wide are in any way related is a complete fallacy. Take a look at the list of countries with the highest gun ownership....

List of countries by gun ownership - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then look at the countries by murder rate......

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are about to discover you have been drinking the kool-aid of the anti-gunners........

Take the top ten gun-owning nations on earth. The MEAN of the murder rates in those countries is 3.02 per 100,000.

the world average is 6.9 per 100,000.

Of the top ten gun-owning countries in the world, Iraq has the highest murder rate at 7.3 per 100,000.

Iraq ranks SEVENTY-FOURTH on the world scale.................all the other big gun owning countries are even lower, and include some of the safest nations on earth. three have murder rates of LESS than 1 per 100,000.

If there is any corelation between gun ownership and murder rates, it is a NEGATIVE one.

Gun control is completely useless, perhaps worse than useless.

FACTS Gun Policy Facts and News

Canada (as a comparison)
Strict licensing and registration requirements all arms.
22.26 registered guns per 100 people
Murder rate: 1.8 per 100,0000

El Salvador:
gun control laws roughly the equivalent of those in Canada
2.51 registered guns per 100 people
Murder rate: 71.0 per 100,000 (the worst on earth)

Honduras
gun control laws significantly tougher than Canada (max. 5 guns, ballistic fingerprinting, etc. registration, licensing)
2.05 registered firearms per 100 people
Murder Rate: 67.0 per 100,000 (the second worst on earth)

Jamaica
gun controls significantly tougher than in Canada (ballistic fingerprinting, registration, licensing, severe legal penalties)
1.84 registered firearms per 100 people
Murder rate: 62.0 per 100,000 (number three on earth)

Guatemala
gun control stricter than in Canada (no military calibers, only 250 rds allowed in possession, registration, licensing)
4.8 registered firearms per 100 people
Murder rate: 52 per 100,000 (number four on earth)

So, the four worst murder rates on earth all exist in countries with gun control laws at least as strict as Canada's.............and with firearms ownership rates that are a fraction of those in Canada.

You beginning to learn something???

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
All you atheist love to nag Christians at Christmas time....happens every year....
You would just love for all of us to roll over and play dead....but lady, all your nagging ain't gonna make it happen so get over yourself already....

It is a matter of respect - I use the Muslim terms of greeting during their Holy Days. Respect for difference does not mean you agree. It is just good character which includes manners.

So do I.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Manners like criticizing someone when they wish you well? I was always taught to appreciate gifts and acts of kindness.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Manners like criticizing someone when they wish you well? I was always taught to appreciate gifts and acts of kindness.

If you are aware the person celebrates Christmas than it is Merry Christmas - If the person celebrates but has no religious beliefs but celebrates the Holidays without religion - Then Happy Holidays. Perhaps i was not as clear as i could have been. No slight or insult was intended.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
If you are aware the person celebrates Christmas than it is Merry Christmas

Naw, it's if you are aware that the person is a whiny bitch who feels entitled to specific greetings during the month of December and throws a tantrum when they get different greetings, you might avoid offending them and give them what they want. Or, you could just taunt them. That's always amusing. What the secretly want is to be offended anyway, so it's win-win.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Naw, it's if you are aware that the person is a whiny bitch who feels entitled to specific greetings during the month of December and throws a tantrum when they get different greetings, you might avoid offending them and give them what they want. Or, you could just taunt them. That's always amusing. Also, what the secretly want is to be offended anyway, so it's win-win.
I worked with the general public many years ago, it never ceased to amaze me how many atheists suffered the same affliction.

I found it equally amusing.

Just out of curiousity, why does your post come across like you've been offended?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Naw, it's if you are aware that the person is a whiny bitch who feels entitled to specific greetings during the month of December and throws a tantrum when they get different greetings, you might avoid offending them and give them what they want. Or, you could just taunt them. That's always amusing. What the secretly want is to be offended anyway, so it's win-win.

I try to be polite even when my patience is tried to the max. Life is better that way for me. but yes i can lose it at times with aholes, liars etc. Oh yes and racists.

I do offend people but I ensure I have a good reason for it. This normally occurs at work.

As my wife mentioned to me the other day, I was on days off and was driving her to catch the bus to downtown. She looked over at me and said xxx you never whine. Well I do on a very rare occasion and I mean rare.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

Enjoy...............................

Worthless Feedback - YouTube

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
There is NOTHING wrong with a generic greeting (Happy Holidays)when one does not know what and how others celebrate or if they do at all. IF people have the time to get bent out of shape about such trivia .......they truly need to get a job and a life.

Once again........Much ado about nothing.

how about we take a moment to consider how the devestated families in this last shooting will enjoy their "holiday" if they celebrate it.

How will the splintered families regroup into a new dynamic out of sheer necessity and try to go on ..??

Maybe if we stopped and thought about these victims.......(both the injured and the shooter) and how their lives have been ruptured........as opposed to whining about some silly terminology. Sure seems like the priorities are all out of whack.

PS......Corderoy. : like your avatar. Very cute.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Just out of curiousity, why does your post come across like you've been offended?

Because you have this preconception and you're imagining I'm offended to satisfy it? Beats me.

If I was Ocean Breeze, I might be offended that someone threw my friendly greeting in my face and thought he was entitled to a specific greeting from me. But I'd probably just laugh it off.

Personally, I appreciate the greetings I get. I can't see why anyone could so stuck up as to take offence to kindness like that, other than the fact that they actually want to be offended and have strange persecution fantasies.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Because you have this preconception and you're imagining I'm offended to satisfy it? Beats me.
No preconception, or imagination, I find most of your posts to be well thought out and fairly sterile in nature. The one I quoted, as well as a few others as of late, seem emotionally charged.

Just an observation.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

If I was Ocean Breeze, I might be offended that someone threw my friendly greeting in my face and thought he was entitled to a specific greeting from me. But I'd probably just laugh it off.

Personally, I appreciate the greetings I get. I can't see why anyone could so stuck up as to take offence to kindness like that, other than the fact that they actually want to be offended and have strange persecution fantasies.

No offense taken. IF folks want to get bent out of shape about something so bloody trivial ( as compared to families being destroyed by shootings)........fine. their choice. Makes no never mind to me.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
No offense taken. IF folks want to get bent out of shape about something so bloody trivial ( as compared to families being destroyed by shootings)........fine. their choice. Makes no never mind to me. (and I am sure many others too......who have their priorities in order )

How you link one to the other is beyond comprehension. Any one with any compassion feels heart ache for the family and including the family of the shooter. Seems you have overlooked their pain as well.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

How in heck is one to know (or assume ) how one celebrates the holidays and IF one does. on a forum like this. Most of the time we have no idea what gender a member is. Furthermore.......on a personal level......I do NOT want to know too many personal details about anyone here. I want to know what they think about the various issues that arise on this planet daily and where they think the humanoid is going . Ya know....thinking stuff. Idea stuff. What makes the world and people tick stuff...

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
How in heck is one to know (or assume ) how one celebrates the holidays and IF one does. on a forum like this. Most of the time we have no idea what gender a member is. Furthermore.......on a personal level......I do NOT want to know too many personal details about anyone here. I want to know what they think about the various issues that arise on this planet daily and where they think the humanoid is going . Ya know....thinking stuff. Idea stuff.

When you do, then you use the appropriate phrase - When you do not you fall back to whatever - MC, HH - whatever. Not to difficult.