Another Example of Yankee Gun Mentality

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
The value of an armed population?????
What I see is the more people who have guns, the more this sort of thing will happen. The armed people who kill policemen have no value.

You forget.....

The first battle of the American Revolution was fought between British soldiers sent into the countryside to seize arms.....and farmers who refused to surrender them.

The Brits lost.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That incident should solidify public opinion in favour of the death penalty. Long live Old Sparky. (We could use his brother up here too)

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
You agree to it being a `cultural` thang for our neighbours to the south, to be shooting themselves up on a daily basis for the tiniest excuse?8O

No. Because they are only shooting each other up "on a daily basis" in the inner cities, where the culture is fatherless boys and gangsta heroes.

Actually, go back to a thread called Gun Control is Completely Useless http://forums.canadiancontent.net/canadian-politics/49782-gun-control-completely-useless-49.html and look at the stats.....you'll find that in comparable cultures (Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba compared with North Dakota, Montana and Minnesota) the lower murder rate is in the place where guns are permitted, encouraged, carried, and unrestricted............

The evidence is very clear....

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Hey....I hope I never see the day when a Canadian can waltze into a store on the side of the road and buy a gun, for what ever reason, without a meaningfull back ground check.

No. Because they are only shooting each other up "on a daily basis" in the inner cities, where the culture is fatherless boys and gangsta heroes.

Actually, go back to a thread called Gun Control is Completely Useless http://forums.canadiancontent.net/canadian-politics/49782-gun-control-completely-useless-49.html and look at the stats.....you'll find that in comparable cultures (Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba compared with North Dakota, Montana and Minnesota) the lower murder rate is in the place where guns are permitted, encouraged, carried, and unrestricted............

The evidence is very clear....

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Hey....I hope I never see the day when a Canadian can waltze into a store on the side of the road and buy a gun, for what ever reason, without a meaningfull back ground check.

And I don't have a problem with the requirement for a firearms licence....or perhaps I should say I am willing to compromise to a reasonable extent. Training and a background check before a licence is issues....not a problem with me.

What I do have a problem with is registration, classification of guns into "good" and "banned" categories for no discernable reason, the Firearms Act which is a radical invasion of privacy, and removes the right not to bear witness against yourself, the right to be free from unreasonable search, and the right to be considered innocent until proven guilty.......and the absolute ban on firearms for defense.....just for starters.....

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
You forget.....

The first battle of the American Revolution was fought between British soldiers sent into the countryside to seize arms.....and farmers who refused to surrender them.

The Brits lost.
Has any standing army won against guerrilla warfare?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
If we had some enforceable laws about using any weapon to commit a crime there would be less need for an armed population. But since we have a joke of a justice system run by sob-sisters that would rather let murderers out to reoffend rather than executing them the first time everyone needs to be able to protect themselves and their property.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
4 cops shot dead in Washington. When will these people learn??

4 officers shot dead in Washington state - Â*News - MSN CA

It has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with people learning or not learning anything. It has everything to do with there being one cowardly, heinous nut case among us. Statistically speaking (there we go again, S.J) sh*t like this happens once in a blue moon. Next week maybe a cop will get eaten by a wolf or a plumber might get mauled by a shark. SH*T HAPPENS.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
If we had some enforceable laws about using any weapon to commit a crime there would be less need for an armed population. But since we have a joke of a justice system run by sob-sisters that would rather let murderers out to reoffend rather than executing them the first time everyone needs to be able to protect themselves and their property.
Have you ever noticed that the Mafia is hardly ever mentioned any more? That is because in the seventies they raised their kids to be lawyers and politicians. You figure out from there why we have such an ineffective legal system and so many crooks in parliament.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
It has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with people learning or not learning anything. It has everything to do with there being one cowardly, heinous nut case among us. Statistically speaking (there we go again, S.J) sh*t like this happens once in a blue moon. Next week maybe a cop will get eaten by a wolf or a plumber might get mauled by a shark. SH*T HAPPENS.

BINGO!

Exactly

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
How about that? Gun owners that weren't the shoot-anything-that-moves, trigger happy clowns. Go figure. And there you were thinking we're all the same.

I just pointed out how useless they are for defense. Unless you walk the streets with your gun in hand and pointed where ever you walk they aren't worth jack squat for defense. As long as the factories keep churning out these dumb instruments they'll get into every bad hand with ease. But hey, it's the old founding fathers routine and wearing the flag over the heart, and all that other bs, that will ensure people continue to kill each other.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Why would I attack you???

I agree 100%......

Just like I state in a thread I started and lampooned for it.

Why do blacks commit more crime per capita in the U.S.?

It's cultural and social.

No gun has ever got up and killed someone all on it's own.

I was in England last year, and they have banned guns, but in the paper eveyday someone was getting stabbed.....do they now ban knives?

Silly.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I'm saying a guy with a knife wouldn't take out 4 cops. This happened in Seattle.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I just pointed out how useless they are for defense. Unless you walk the streets with your gun in hand and pointed where ever you walk they aren't worth jack squat for defense. As long as the factories keep churning out these dumb instruments they'll get into every bad hand with ease. But hey, it's the old founding fathers routine and wearing the flag over the heart, and all that other bs, that will ensure people continue to kill each other.

You are so so wrong in this Kreskin......

Tell me, if guns are useless for self-defense, why do cops carry them?????

Or armoured car guards?????

http://www.sovereignty.org.uk/siteinfo/newsround/gunlie.html

I carried a gun to defend myself for 11 years.......and taught others armed self-defense. Believe, handguns are a very effective defensive tool.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
If you need it for your job, great. Carry it. But the other 99.9% of the population don't.