Annexation of Canada to the United States of America.

51% of Canadians voted YES to join USA.

• Would ou fight for Canadian Sovereignty, by any means..

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Leave Canada

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Nope, join the USA and spread butt cheeks

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • other..

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters

Redmonton_Rebel

Electoral Member
May 13, 2012
I'm not going to argue that point, because I agree and have read lots about it.. yet, there are plenty of illegals from Asia, Europe and Canada too ;-)

Economic refugees are still refugees.

The US does more than any other nation to enforce unfair trade practices worldwide, often to enrich a tiny minority of its own citizens. Most Americans I know are good people, the "people" they have running the nation are some of the worst in the world when it comes to having any social conscience.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
The US does more than any other nation to enforce unfair trade practices worldwide, often to enrich a tiny minority of its own citizens. Most Americans I know are good people, the "people" they have running the nation are some of the worst in the world when it comes to having any social conscience.

Because we all know China doesn't believe in forcing lop-sided trade agreements... :roll:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I think Canadian identity has always been dependent on its opposition to America. Am I wrong about this? If so, how am I wrong?

Dude, we're just lazy. It's too much work to sort out the east/west, north/south, french/english, native/non-native. So it's just much easier to say "Well, we're not them".

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Actually, from my many visits to the U.S. and many encounters with Americans I'd say there is very little difference between Canadians and Americans.............. in fact we probably resemble them more closely than any other race on earth! :smile:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Actually, from my many visits to the U.S. and many encounters with Americans I'd say there is very little difference between Canadians and Americans.............. in fact we probably resemble them more closely than any other race on earth! :smile:

Well we are both of our nations were born of British colonialism.

Photo of Peace Arch Park memorial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_Arch_Park

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Well, the ones who aren't French, Spanish or Native Indian!

He's talking about the 2 countries, dumb ass. NOT the individual people living in said countries. He's perfectly correct and so is the inscription on the Peace Arch.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
My point is that Canadians and Americans are a lot alike. That's the only thing I was driving at.

Canadians and Americans have a lot in common because geographically we are so close to each other.. unlike England or Australia.

Canada still holds on to the Queen as a figure head, as does England.. not sure about Australia, think they changed that a few years ago. Not sure..

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Canadians and Americans have a lot in common because geographically we are so close to each other.. unlike England or Australia.

Canada still holds on to the Queen as a figure head, as does England.. not sure about Australia, think they changed that a few years ago. Not sure..

Wow

The Queen of Canada, through her representative the Governor General of Canada, is Canada's Head of State. She is also the Queen of England AND Queen of Australia. All 3 countries have similar type of political system.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Wow

The Queen of Canada, through her representative the Governor General of Canada, is Canada's Head of State. She is also the Queen of England AND Queen of Australia. All 3 countries have similar type of political system.

come on gerryh, nit picking.. really. I said figure head...

Australia is having a big movement to become a Republic and ditch the Queen.. I thought they had a vote for this just recently. Not sure.

Australian Republican Movement | Australian Republican Movement