Annexation of Canada to the United States of America.

51% of Canadians voted YES to join USA.

• Would ou fight for Canadian Sovereignty, by any means..

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Leave Canada

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Nope, join the USA and spread butt cheeks

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • other..

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
War of 1812, Canada burned down the White House and seized Detroit.. wasn't look for same philological discussion on the U.S. state of economy..

Proto-Canada didn't burn down the White House or seize Detroit. It was the British Empire that did so. It was also the British Empire that lost the war on the Great Lakes and at the Battle of New Orleans. The War of I812 was part of the Napoleonic Wars.

You have a President in power that wants to shape the USA more like Canada, universal health care, better and cheaper education, hopefully a better economy.

No he doesn't. He wants to pursue a policy of statist crony capitalism at home, and interventionism abroad.

Then you have a runner up (Romney) that is pro-business, I guess that's good in some ways if he could only quit sending US jobs to Mexico and China, he also likes Universal Health Care too. and his state still has it.. it hasn't been repealed.

Romney is a collaborator. As such I dismiss him.

You guys are in for another 4 years of decline. Obama is a politician, not a leader like Reagan was.. and Romney is "business as usual" which is not to help the American people, rather help himself and his rich businesses buddies.

American decline is going to last much longer than another four years.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Proto-Canada didn't burn down the White House or seize Detroit. It was the British Empire that did so. It was also the British Empire that lost the war on the Great Lakes and at the Battle of New Orleans. The War of I812 was part of the Napoleonic Wars.

I hate when people try to separate Canada from our British ancestry. Canada was part of the British Empire between 1763 - 1867. Yet we were still a country..

Would you like me to rephrase it Upper Canada and Lower Canada, kicked the US's ass.

War of 1812 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cabbagesandking

Council Member
Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
America won the war only in the sense that Britain was too busy to give it undivided attention and, therefore, could not retake the USA as it might well have done since the upstart was pushing too hard.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I hate when people try to separate Canada from our British ancestry. Canada was part of the British Empire between 1763 - 1867. Yet we were still a country..

Would you like me to rephrase it Upper Canada and Lower Canada, kicked the US's ass.

It wouldn't make a difference. They were still British, conquered French, and First Nations, lol.

America won the war only in the sense that Britain was too busy to give it undivided attention and, therefore, could not retake the USA as it might well have done since the upstart was pushing too hard.
LOL.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

Hate it all you like but the fact remains that the soldiers defending His Majesties colonies were not, for the most part, the residents of those same colonies. British regulars, like General Brock, came across the pond. The natives that fought with the British, under the leadership of Tecumseh were from hundreds of miles away, in what was not and never has been Canadian soil. The local militias played support roles at best.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California

Canadian consciousness as a people had not emerged at the time. The people who really fought hardest against the Americans during the War of 1812 were fellow Americans exiled after the Revolutionary War. And I don't think they had a Canadian American Indians had a greater role in the War of 1812 than did any of the groups of people who would one day coalesce into the noble Canadian people. And that's the truth.

The Canadas produced some limited militia and other support roles for the Royal Army and Navy, but to attempt to steal British glory is unbecoming. America has fought French North America and British North America. During the American Revolutionary War some people of Lower Canada were symathetic with the Americans.

Since Canada started to take shaped as a nation our two countries have had very friendly relations. Even in the 1860s American started thinking of Canadians as separate from the British.

Do you remember the group I think are called the Fenians? They were Irish American Civil War veterans who had not been long out of combat. Some of them got organized and decided to take on the British in Canada. They marched to the border and fell under attack by both British and US forces.

In order to prove the truth of this post I hereby offer to wrestle any and all Canadian ladies between the ages of 18 and 68 and to figuratively bring them to Jesus. jk

Should read:

And I don't think they had a Canadian consciousness. American Indians had a greater role in the War of 1812 than did any of the groups of people who would one day coalesce into the noble Canadian people. And that's the truth.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
we have been annexed by the dollar for decades like the rest of the crumpling west

exactly, you see that every weekend in BC.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
The US is more likely to come apart at the seams rather than annex Canada. But all Canadians are welcome to come to California. We'll teach you guys to surf and drink beer.

Drink beer, that that what you call your bottled water in CA??

I only thing I miss of California is El Pollo Loco and the view of Griffith Observatory from my kitchen window in Hollywood.

Last edited:

Redmonton_Rebel

Electoral Member
May 13, 2012
Canadian consciousness as a people had not emerged at the time. The people who really fought hardest against the Americans during the War of 1812 were fellow Americans exiled after the Revolutionary War. And I don't think they had a Canadian American Indians had a greater role in the War of 1812 than did any of the groups of people who would one day coalesce into the noble Canadian people. And that's the truth.

The Canadas produced some limited militia and other support roles for the Royal Army and Navy, but to attempt to steal British glory is unbecoming. America has fought French North America and British North America. During the American Revolutionary War some people of Lower Canada were symathetic with the Americans.

Since Canada started to take shaped as a nation our two countries have had very friendly relations. Even in the 1860s American started thinking of Canadians as separate from the British.

Do you remember the group I think are called the Fenians? They were Irish American Civil War veterans who had not been long out of combat. Some of them got organized and decided to take on the British in Canada. They marched to the border and fell under attack by both British and US forces.

In order to prove the truth of this post I hereby offer to wrestle any and all Canadian ladies between the ages of 18 and 68 and to figuratively bring them to Jesus. jk

Should read:

And I don't think they had a Canadian consciousness. American Indians had a greater role in the War of 1812 than did any of the groups of people who would one day coalesce into the noble Canadian people. And that's the truth.

You don't have a clue.

Defence Scheme No. 1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In his book The Presidents and the Prime Ministers, author Lawrence Martin mentions how John A. Macdonald, Canada's first prime minister, "would alienate all of Washington with displays of contempt for the presidents and their men." Indeed, the subtitle of Martin's book catches the true spirit of relations across the world's longest undefended border: Washington and Ottawa Face to Face: The Myth of Bilateral Bliss 1867-1982.

– Prime Minister John Diefenbaker on President John F. Kennedy: "He's a hothead. He's a fool – too young, too brash, too inexperienced, and a boastful son of a bitch!"

– at the height of the Vietnam War, Prime Minister Lester Pearson visited President Lyndon Johnson at the White House. Pearson gave a scathing speech one night about the war, then appeared at the White House the next day to confront a livid Johnson. As Martin describes it, LBJ grabbed Pearson by the shirt collar, lifted the prime minister off the floor and shouted, "You pissed on my rug!"

CBC News - Indepth: Canada-U.S. Relations

The simple fact is most Canadians don't feel the need to be Americans(except the current conservatives apparently), not everybody thinks you're as wonderful as you do.

– Prime Minister Brian Mulroney and President Ronald Reagan sing to each other when the president visits Canada:

When Irish eyes are smiling,
Sure, 'tis like the morn in Spring.
In the lilt of Irish laughter
You can hear the angels sing.

One of the more embarassing moments for this country. And Reagan didn't even remember Mulroneys name, he called him PM Muldoon once.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I drink Italian and Mexican beers. Do you miss the weather?

Not right now.. in the winter I do.. I hate the cold weather here. But I have friends in Mexico too, so I can always go down to Cuernavaca, Mexico to escape it..

..or back to Texas where I own land.

The simple fact is most Canadians don't feel the need to be Americans(except the current conservatives apparently), not everybody thinks you're as wonderful as you do.

Ouch!!

But I think this was covered a little further back in this thread. ;-)

[youtube]VMqcLUqYqrs[/youtube]

Although it may not be the Greatest Country in the world anymore, millions of people still try to cross it's borders every year illegally.

Also every weekend 1000's of Canadians make the weekly ritual to buy American products or to go to Vegas, LA, Arizona and Florida to escape the Canadian cold weather.. so it still seems good enough for many Canadians.

Redmonton_Rebel

Electoral Member
May 13, 2012
Although it may not be the Greatest Country in the world anymore, millions of people still try to cross it's borders every year illegally.

American foreign policy in Central and South America has help turn many countries into failed states, many of the illegals from south of the border go to America because they have little choice.

Do a little research on the history of El Salvador, and Guatemala just to name two of the worst cases.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
American foreign policy in Central and South America has help turn many countries into failed states, many of the illegals from south of the border go to America because they have little choice.

Do a little research on the history of El Salvador, and Guatemala just to name two of the worst cases.

I'm not going to argue that point, because I agree and have read lots about it.. yet, there are plenty of illegals from Asia, Europe and Canada too ;-)

BruSan

Electoral Member
Jul 5, 2011
Hey; I'll be one of them snowbirding until I drop dead or worse! I can hardly wait every October to get down to the house and car we own in Florida and avail myself of reasonable green's fees until the following April!

Wonderful golf, wonderful food, wonderful shopping, wonderful people. Nuff said.

The folks we know down there would probably be evenly split over two choices only: annexation at Canadian request or no annexation for any reason.