American death squads at work in Samarra

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Jersay said:
As to believe U.S. Soldiers with intention would go into a house and blow a kid's brains out, your not playing with a full deck.

Well I guess you don't believe in Abu Gharib either do you. The AMericans couldn't have done something like that, but the sad fact is they did.

And from Darkbeaver's link it is about the American's killing these people not just coming from me, so this is fact news media no matter where they are from don't make up nothing and claim this is news, so either Americans killed them or American allies killed them.

And about Afghanistan you are just a bunch of hot air. :roll: and you are plainly racist. I am pathetic, your pathetic.
Wow you sure like to bash the American Soldiers for Abu Gharib while forgetting what the Canadian Airborne Scandal in Somalia 1993. Not all Militarys are perfect. L-)

That is why Dark Beaver is showing the terrorist actions taken by America and its allies in Iraq in Afghanistan and elsewhere because most of this stuff will never be on American news because they don't want to know about it.

As for Afghanistan I believe it's the right mission I guess you don't because you said the United States and their allies committed acts of Terrorsim in Afghanistan and Canada is an ally of the United States in Afghanistan, so keep trying to spin yourself out of what you said.

I'm not racist far from it, the real racists are those who play the race card as you have done. :wink:

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Lastly, to Johnny Utah, and I am not going to discuss this with hiom anymore since he is a close-minded, racist bone-head who doesn't want his America to have faults and it is always the evil Muslim fault for everything.

To your credit, you should become the poster-boy for Bush and his cronies.

Your campaign slogan can be:

"If you don't follow the U.S and its ways, and listen to everything they say and don't question them then you are in bed with the terrorists. So if you are a true freedom lover you will support the United States fully".

And that is all I will say to you.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Jersay said:
Lastly, to Johnny Utah, and I am not going to discuss this with hiom anymore since he is a close-minded, racist bone-head who doesn't want his America to have faults and it is always the evil Muslim fault for everything.

To your credit, you should become the poster-boy for Bush and his cronies.

Your campaign slogan can be:

"If you don't follow the U.S and its ways, and listen to everything they say and don't question them then you are in bed with the terrorists. So if you are a true freedom lover you will support the United States fully".

And that is all I will say to you.
I schooled you boy.

Sucks to be an Anti-American loser like you who I exposed him for what he is. Go defend the Terrorists since that's what you do best.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
As for Afghanistan I believe it's the right mission I guess you don't because you said the United States and their allies committed acts of Terrorsim in Afghanistan and Canada is an ally of the United States in Afghanistan, so keep trying to spin yourself out of what you said.

I'm not racist far from it, the real racists are those who play the race card as you have done.

Since I am a Canadian soldier, and you are aparently nothing I will not respond to this.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
This article (blog, whatever it is) sounds familiar with last years accusations the US military used "magic" white phosphorous on the civilian population, intentionally. Why was it "magic" you say? Because it burned human tissue on contact and managed to leave clothes intact.

But I digress, can the article be true? I guess it can, neither of us were there to say it is or isn't. We should go under the assumption it may have occured, and see what happens next. Anything is possible. However to condemn an entire military for the actions of a few, is indicative of bias, hatred and a predisposition of narrow-mindedness.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Jersay said:

I'm not racist far from it, the real racists are those who play the race card as you have done.

Since I am a Canadian soldier, and you are aparently nothing I will not respond to this.
You can't respond because you put your foot in your mouth and now are trying to spin your way out of it. So being a Soldier as you claim makes you better then me or anyone else who isn't a Soldier?

I say claim because from your posts you sure haven't acted like showed like a Soldier, such as this comment:
That is why Dark Beaver is showing the terrorist actions taken by America and its allies in Iraq in Afghanistan and elsewhere because most of this stuff will never be on American news because they don't want to know about it.
You think someone who is a Canadian Soldier would know better before saying the United States and it's allies were committing Terrorist Acts in Afghanistan because Canada is an ally of the United States in Afghanistan. So your logic is Canada was also committing Acts of Terrorism in Afghanistan along with the United States because they are allies.

Infact you remind me of a guy on another message board who claimed to be a Canadian Soldier who compared Canada's Mission in Afghanistan to gang rape.

Supporting what the Canadian Military is doing in Afghanistan isn't being Gung Ho or a War Monger, it's being proud of what Canada is doing as a member of Nato.

Have a nice day. :wink:

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
:roll:

And to ITN, I am not trying to make the U.S military anything that it isn't, Now if these murders have occured there is something wrong with something in the AMerican military because these things continue to occur.

It might not be the generals but it has a culture in its ranks to allow these abuses to continue, especially with slaps on the wrist for soldiers who get caught.

And to Johnny Utah, a soldier understands the situation going on than a person who doesn't understand what is going on.

Now you have a nice day, and back to the comment about racist, I am not the only one but several others have begun to wonder if you have something against people with coloured faces. So you have a nice day.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Jersay with all due respect you are very naive. These things are unavoidable with any military operation, within any military. Soldiers may go off the wall sometimes, it isn't a matter of what flag they fight under, it is human nature.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Jersay said:
:roll:

And to Johnny Utah, a soldier understands the situation going on than a person who doesn't understand what is going on.

Now you have a nice day, and back to the comment about racist, I am not the only one but several others have begun to wonder if you have something against people with coloured faces. So you have a nice day.
So your defending your comments saying Canada was committing Acts of Terrorism with the United States in Afghanistan because they are the United States allies. So you are also defending the comments made by the other so called Soldier who compared Canada's Mission in Afghanistan to gang rape.

Oh you and your little crew of Moonbats were talking about me? :D
You want to call me racist because you think it gives you an edge playing the race card when you have nothing else. Facts are I'm not racist, I grew up with Lebanese friends, Asians, Blacks, Hindus. Some I am still friends with today. Infact I was dating a black woman for 3 years.

So again you lose trying to play the race card against me, that is a typical lame racist Liberal trick. :wink:

Go play your race card game somewhere else, again I just schooled you boy.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I agree, for example in Canada the Somalia Affair.

However, it wasn't one or two people who went into this building and killed these 11 civilians. At least even if it was Iraqi forces it would be several if not more of them.

I don't know how anyone Iraqi or American would allow several members of their unit to go sicko and kill an entire family.

It has to be apart of the culture like Caracel Kid tried to explain with regards to the Somali affair.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I think not said:
Jersay with all due respect you are very naive. These things are unavoidable with any military operation, within any military. Soldiers may go off the wall sometimes, it isn't a matter of what flag they fight under, it is human nature.

Hey ITN apologist, where's your indignation now, innocent women and children killed with eleven head shots, an unavoidable military operation, I think not. Get back on the wall.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
darkbeaver said:
I think not said:

Hey ITN apologist, where's your indignation now, innocent women and children killed with eleven head shots, an unavoidable military operation, I think not. Get back on the wall.

Uhm....go f*ck yourself?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
http://www.chris-floyd.com/march/

The pictures of this event and more reporting are posted here. I have found no main stream coverage of this and I don't expect to.
If they lose a helicopter or one of thier beloved die they report but when children die thier silent, it's just colateral damage. Shock and awe, the next pig that uses that term when I'm arround is going to get hurt.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Sorry Beav but the victims were tied up and shot in the head a method that is used by Islamic Terrorist not America's Military. That link screams 'PROPAGANDA". That article had no factual evidence, why would the USA need to tie them up shoot them and them bomb the house a little over kill and over the top.

P.S. The Islamic Extreamist are using women now for suicide bombs.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RE: American death squads

Sassy I have read many accounts of exactly this method being used by US forces, why do you think they are somhow immune form the rot of war? I suppose you think dropping Viet Cong from helicopters and shooting old women and children in Mai Lai were not American, you're blind.

PS: In your haste to shit on me you did not even mention how you felt for the dead innocents, you don't care, as long as your illusions about Uncle Sam are preserved you don't care.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Nope I am not blind, do the American forces do abhorant things of course their human. It's usually the CIA that commits these attrocities not the American Military. Good luck trying to get that bunch to grow a conscience. CIA's motto is deny--deny, I wasn't there etc and on it goes.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
operation Swarm of Lies
By Dahr Jamail
t r u t h o u t | Report

Monday 20 March 2006

The stated mission of Operation Swarmer, launched late last week in an area just northeast of Samarra, in Iraq, was to "break up a center of insurgent resistance" and to disrupt "terrorist activity," according to the US military.

Comprised of over 1,500 US and Iraqi soldiers, 50 US attack and transport helicopters airlifted the bold force into a flat area of farmland filled not with fighters belonging to the "center of insurgent resistance," but with impoverished farmers, cows, goats and women baking bread. The first drop of soldiers onto the ground from this air-operation doubled the meager population of 1,500 souls living in the 50 square-mile area.

US troops acted bravely, snatching up 48 "suspected insurgents," then promptly releasing 17 of them. They were precise in their operations, and did not detain a single cow or goat.

What did the military say about why no resistance was met?

"We believe we achieved tactical surprise," said Lt. Col. Edward Loomis, the spokesman for the 101st Airborne Division.

Fallaciously hailed as the largest air assault in Iraq since the Anglo-American invasion three years ago, Lt. Col. Loomis said that two days into the operation his forces "continue to move" through the area, and "tactical interviews began immediately." According to Time magazine reporters:

"Four Black Hawk helicopters landed in a wheat field and dropped off a television crew, three photographers, three print reporters and three Iraqi government officials right into the middle of Operation Swarmer. Iraqi soldiers in newly painted humvees, green and red Iraqi flags stenciled on the tailgates, had just finished searching the farm populated by a half-dozen skinny cows and a woman kneading freshly risen dough and slapping it to the walls of a mud oven. But contrary to what many television networks erroneously reported, the operation was by no means the largest use of airpower since the start of the war. ("Air Assault" is a military term that refers specifically to transporting troops into an area.) In fact, there were no air-strikes and no leading insurgents were nabbed in an operation that some skeptical military analysts described as little more than a photo op. What's more, there were no shots fired at all and the units had met no resistance, said the US and Iraqi commanders."

Of course, the US military claimed that two local leaders of the group led by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi were to have been in the area, but alas, they were not to be caught up in Operation Swarmer or any of the "tactical interviews."

Meanwhile on Sunday, fresh from a relaxing weekend at Camp David, Mr. Bush said of Iraq, "I'm encouraged by the progress," while talking to reporters on the South Lawn of the White House.

Bush, his comments sticking to the talking points of his administration which surround this three year anniversary of the launching of Operation Iraqi Freedom, nearly mirrored those made recently by General Peter Pace. Pace, as you recall, when asked on "Meet the Press" about Iraq, said things were "going very, very well from everything you look at."

Operation Swarm of Lies is part of yet another Cheney administration media blitz to put a happy face on this horrendously failed misadventure in Iraq. All too aware of the plummeting US public support for the war effort, and with approval ratings for the so-called president at an all time low, Bush had been sent out on the campaign trail to apply fresh gloss to the tattered sheen of the US occupation of Iraq. Sticking with their talking points of having Iraqi forces take over security responsibilities, the primary purpose of Operation Swarm of Lies was obviously to send the message to Americans that the US military are allowing Iraqis to "take the fight to the enemy."

But this operation of mass distraction has served other purposes as well.

Operation Swarm of Lies served well in diverting media attention in the US from US/UK covert operations in Iran last Friday.

Even the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation reported that Iran's national police chief, Ismail Ahmadi Moghaddamm, accused US and British agents of playing a role in the deaths of 21 people in southeastern Iran. Moghaddamm accused the intelligence services of both the US and UK of encouraging attacks by Iranian rebel groups against civilians.

Operation Swarm of Lies also effectively distracted media attention from the arrest of an American "security contractor" in Tikrit last week. According to the Joint Coordination Center between the US and Iraqi military in Tikrit, "the man is described as a security contractor working for a private company," and he "possessed explosives which were found in his car" when he was arrested last Tuesday.

This incident was also reported on al-Sharqiyah Television on March 14th , where they added that the man was arrested during an imposed curfew, and "he had explosives in his car, noting that contacts are being held between officials in Salah al-Din Governorate and US Army officials regarding the incident."

Meanwhile back in the Motherland, "Vice" President Cheney said this past weekend that Iraq is not in a civil war, but that terrorists there were involved in desperate tactics to stop Iraq's move towards democracy.

"What we've seen is a serious effort by them to foment a civil war," Cheney said during an interview on the CBS program "Face the Nation" recently, "But I don't think they've been successful."

He's right - the Iraqi people have thus far managed, miraculously, to thwart the ongoing attempts by the occupiers to "foment civil war."

Because the recent incident in Tikrit is but one example of many which have shown who the real terrorists are in Iraq. Even just last September, two undercover British SAS soldiers were detained by Iraqi police in Basra. The Brits were dressed as Iraqis, traveling in an unmarked civilian car, and "Iraqi security officials ... accused the two Britons they detained of shooting at Iraqi forces or trying to plant explosives. Photographs of the two men in custody showed them in civilian clothes."

According the same article by the Washington Post, the British military promptly razed the Iraqi jail in order to free their two soldiers. In response, Mohammed Walli, the governor of the province, told news agencies that the British assault was "barbaric, savage and irresponsible."

Barbaric, savage and irresponsible are words that can also be used to describe the true nature of Operation Swarm of Lies.

Just this past Sunday, the Director of the Monitoring Net of Human Rights in Iraq (MHRI), Muhamad al-Deraji, issued an appeal to the UN mission in Baghdad regarding violations committed by the US military operation near Samarra.

"We have received information from citizens and human rights activists in Samarra stating that the region, under American and Iraqi military operation ... is witnessing dangerous human rights violations, which is confirmed by the following:

1 - The Red Crescent aiding missions are not allowed to enter the region.

2 - [Independent] Press and media are, as well, forbidden from entering the region.

3 - Women and children are not allowed to leave the region of military operations.

4 - Receipt of news indicates presence of violations and assault for citizens aiming to terrorize them and forces them to emigrate from this region, through arresting the men and forcing women and their horrified children to escape later, on and leave the region aiming to build a military base there."

Most importantly, however, is the human tragedy which Operation Swarm of Lies has both generated as well as diverted attention from.

The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, via the Integrated Regional Information Networks (IRIN) reported on Sunday, "Hundreds of families displaced due to major offensive."

The report says "hundreds of families have fled the city of Samarra" as the result of Operation Swarmer. Barakat Muhammad, a resident and father of five who lives in Samarra told IRIN, "When they started to hit our city I didn't take anything. I just took my family and ran like hell. We don't have anything to eat or wear."

Despite claims by the US military that no shots were fired, obviously bombs were dropped on civilians.

The IRIN report adds that "local doctors say that at least 35 civilians, including women and children, have been treated at the local hospital with injuries caused by the air strikes. In addition, 18 bodies had been taken to the hospital since 17 March."

Yet there have been ongoing air strikes north/northeast of Baghdad since at least last Wednesday.

According to the aforementioned Iraqi NGO MHRI, as well as AP reporters, "eleven people - most of them women and children - have been killed after US forces bombed a house during a raid north of Baghdad." The US military acknowledged the raid which occurred near Balad, about 50 miles north of Baghdad, but said only four people were killed - a man, two women and a child.

Relatives, however, said 11 bodies wrapped in blankets were driven in the back of three pickup trucks to the Tikrit General Hospital, about 40 miles north of where the air strike occurred.

As usual, reality contradicted the claims by the US military of only four dead, when AP photographs showed the bodies of two men, five children and four other covered figures arriving at the hospital accompanied by grief-stricken relatives.

Even a police captain from nearby Samarra, Laith Mohammed, said that American warplanes and armor were used in the strike which flatted the house, killing all 11 people inside.

An AP reporter at the scene of the bombing in the rural area of Isahaqi said "the roof of the house collapsed, three cars were destroyed and two cows killed."

Riyadh Majid, the nephew of the head of the family who was killed, told the AP that US forces landed in helicopters and raided the home early last Wednesday. Ahmed Khalaf, the brother of the deceased head of the household, said nine of the victims were family members who lived at the house and two were visitors.

"The killed family was not part of the resistance, they were women and children," said Khalaf, "The Americans have promised us a better life, but we get only death."

As per their now standard operating procedure, the US military claimed the strike targeted an individual "suspected" of supporting al-Qaida. And as usual, the military claimed they were under attack from the house.

"Troops were engaged by enemy fire as they approached the building," according to Tech. Sgt. Stacy Simon, "Coalition forces returned fire utilizing both air and ground assets."

And the al-Qaida suspects killed by this particular air strike were of the younger variety this time around, again as usual for the US military in Iraq.

But of course, all of this was effectively overshadowed by Operation Swarm of Lies.

Dahr Jamail is an independent journalist who spent over 8 months reporting from occupied Iraq. He presented evidence of US war crimes in Iraq at the International Commission of Inquiry on Crimes against Humanity Committed by the Bush Administration in New York City this January. He writes regularly for TruthOut.org, Inter Press Service, Asia Times, TomDispatch, and maintains his own website dahrjamailiraq.com.