American Culture of Violence & It's Related Politics

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Trump says arming teachers could prevent school massacres

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/trump-says-arming-teachers-prevent-school-massacres/

Is their job to TEACH or play security guard?? "

Ridiculous idea........ promoted by NRA

There were some good ideas during the "listening" session with Trump.

Perhaps Trump should not have reverse the law about people with mental illness and gun purchases.

CNN reporting: NRA released a statement indicating that changing the age of persons buying guns would not be a good idea.

Gee what a surprise. It is a message to Trump about who contributed millions to his coffers.

Shame on America........Your guns are more important than kids, pre adults, and people in general. Guns for "self defense".......... shootings of all kinds..........Guns for self defense from the shootings.......... more shootings as access to guns is so easy..........and the cycle of violence is established ......with the NRA's support and encouragement.

DEMANDING ACTION............is not enough...........without saying WHAT KIND OF ACTION. The gov't ,the NRA and other dinosaurs need diagrams.

IF anything changes.......it will be a mere bone tossed to the peons.

Credit to Trump for at least having a listening session..........Now lets see what he does.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
WOW, after seeing the trump hating people OB likes take over countries like China, and take their guns away, and then kill millions of people, I am not sure that trump is in that class.
mao 38,000,000.
PrC 76,702,000
https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM
That's a lot of dead people there OB, are you sure that's what you want for america?

Though the nazis and communists and the cia that HATES him was instrumental in installing some of the leaders that did some of these slaughters.

Funny what the actual facts are eh?

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Credit to Trump for at least having a listening session..........Now lets see what he does.

How about wait until it all blows over in a week or two?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
The FBI will just coach another school or church shooting to blame on him.

F.B.I. Was Warned of Florida Suspect’s Desire to Kill but Did Not Act
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/16/us/fbi-nikolas-cruz-shooting.html

Say remember the underwear bomber? Same deal. The dad called them and said his son was about to do something and then THEY ( well, likely a CIA guy, being it was from a foreign country headed to the US ) put him on the PLANE without a passport, and were filming him do the act!!!

The Colossal Deceit Known As The Underwear Bomber Case

by Kurt Haskell

With jury selection set to begin in the Underwear Bomber Trial set to begin tomorrow, I've spent the evening reminiscing about Christmas Day 2009 and the 21 months since.

The Underwear Bomber attack has fundamentally changed my life.

Not in the way most would think, but it has destroyed any faith I've had in the U.S. Government, the media and this country as a whole. To say that I believe the government is corrupt and the media is complicit doesn't fully explain my beliefs.

Not only have I come to those conclusions, but I've witnessed that an ordinary person who sees something important can be silenced despite his efforts to spread the truth.

Such is the Underwear Bomber case.

I can do nothing but laugh at the TSA's new policy of "If you see something say something." That is exactly what I did, and not only did the U.S. Government not want to hear what I had to say, but it actively lied about it, attempted to get me to change my story, and hid, by withholding (secret government) evidence or putting a protective order on the evidence and nearly everything that would support my eyewitness account.
http://haskellfamily.blogspot.ca/2011/09/colossal-deceit-known-as-underwear.html

Kurt Haskel was a lawyer who witnessed the whole thing from start to finish.

Last edited:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
The second amendment is NOT a license to kill.

The message from the young adults is better GUN controls ........along with more exhaustive background checks..... (back ground checks to include history of mental illness.

The big question is :

WHY IN HECK DOES ANYONE NEED those high powered riffles.??

They just justify their desire for them. with rationalizations.

How many of these weapons are a WANT as opposed to NEED?? (a REAL need not an imagined one)

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Actually, the 2nd Amendment is a license to kill. It authorizes the use of armed militias to protect the security of a free state - the US specifically. That might involve killing, so yes, the 2nd Amendment is a license to kill.

Just thought you should know.

Last edited:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
NOW is the time to talk about gun CONTROL and common sense gun laws .

The NRA should not dictate what laws can be passes and what can't. The NRA has held real change hostage for too long.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The second amendment is NOT a license to kill.

The message from the young adults is better GUN controls ........along with more exhaustive background checks..... (back ground checks to include history of mental illness.

The big question is :

WHY IN HECK DOES ANYONE NEED those high powered riffles.??

They just justify their desire for them. with rationalizations.

How many of these weapons are a WANT as opposed to NEED?? (a REAL need not an imagined one)

Well, I was certainly glad I had my .308 and five 20-round magazines the other day at the range when I was attacked by a horde of the paper people. I HATE those flat bastards!

Perforated 'em, too!

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
The NRA doesn't dictate anything. They are but one of a large number of lobby groups in Washington. Wikipedia estimates that there are 15,000 federal lobbyists in Washington, DC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobbying_in_the_United_States

The definition of a lobbyist is any individual who is employed or retained by a client for financial or other compensation for services that include more than one lobbying contact, other than an individual whose lobbying activities constitute less than 20 percent of the time engaged in the services provided by such individual to that client over a three-month period".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobbying_Disclosure_Act_of_1995

So, if you, or more specifically, any US citizen wants to chase the NRA out of Washington, he or she will have to chase a bunch of others out as well.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
It,s going to get cold and brutal. You may have to steal firewood and victuals, with weapons, global harvest down this year,now would be a good time to publish, how to cook pets, a book I,ve been wojkin on for years

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The NRA doesn't dictate anything. They are but one of a large number of lobby groups in Washington. Wikipedia estimates that there are 15,000 federal lobbyists in Washington, DC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobbying_in_the_United_States

The definition of a lobbyist is any individual who is employed or retained by a client for financial or other compensation for services that include more than one lobbying contact, other than an individual whose lobbying activities constitute less than 20 percent of the time engaged in the services provided by such individual to that client over a three-month period".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobbying_Disclosure_Act_of_1995

So, if you, or more specifically, any US citizen wants to chase the NRA out of Washington, he or she will have to chase a bunch of others out as well.

HCI are lobbyists too (look it up).

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I already did. For OBs's sake, and others -

https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/top.php?indexType=s&showYear=2017

According to the above link, the NRA spent a little over $5 million dollars. Chump change in comparison to others on the list. Here are the top 20 registered lobby groups, rated by the amount spent lobbying.

All of these groups - including the NRA - are operating legally. So OB, are you proposing that the NRA should be denied their right to lobby?

Lobbying Client Total

US Chamber of Commerce $82,190,000
National Assn of Realtors $54,530,861
Business Roundtable $27,380,000
Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers of America $25,847,500
Blue Cross/Blue Shield $24,330,306
American Hospital Assn $22,064,214
American Medical Assn $21,535,000
Alphabet Inc $18,140,000
AT&T Inc $16,780,000
Boeing Co $16,740,000
Open Society Policy Center $16,110,000