All Afghan Detainees Likely Tortured.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
And you find something wrong with that? Sorry they were kept up passed their bedtimes. Now they are just serving time outs, is that better?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
It is awful.
The alternative would be to create a Canadian-staffed detention centre.
More soldiers. A lot more. Suits me fine, that is much better than tolerating torture.
BTW, do you guys think that this started when the Conservatives came to power?????????????

Send over our prisoners to staff the complexes. Our really bad ones could be sent to 'the ones that do torture' for rehabilitation.

Perhaps they should reclassify torture to also mean ' a form of terror' and then get off the supposed high-horse. You cannot fight terror with terror.

How far back??? .... a long, long way. The tower of London was famous for it's ability to come up with news ways to winch people apart.

What would those crime$ net you in a Canadian court of Law?

Last edited:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
But of course.

Then you have those of us, like myself, that will wait and see what evidence comes of the matter.

Good idea, CDNBear. There is much innuendo and speculation, but not much on facts so far. I, like you, will take a wait and see attitude.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
In that torture would be an ongoing type of event just how long should it take to actually do the investigations and take the proper steps to eliminate the torture, assuming that is even a goal.
Perhaps just classify it as part of National Security and seal it until 2050.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Spade - I think that anyone that gave a pittance of thought to this subject would realize that torture would be used - The country is broken - Karzai is crooked - The whole dammed country thrives on corruption, favors, blood feuds - same as Bosnia - not identical but many similarities -

But as I mentioned before - decades of war, atrocities - mass murders - slaughters - brother against brother against father against uncle against brother - and on it goes - corruption is one key, jobs another and as i have stated on numerous occasions bring the Pakistani ISI to heel - To the Pakistanis the Taliban are their key to an Afghanistan that will not pose a threat -

So I am sure many good people looked the other way on a number of occasions - But the problems I mentioned are in my opinion at a higher level than torture -