All Afghan Detainees Likely Tortured.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
So we should have a public inquiry over the allegation of one intelligence officer? Wouldn't it be prudent to determine if their is grounds for the inquiry first of all?
Sure! If you're not prone to critical thought, deductive reasoning and intelligent thought.

Other then that, let the knee jerking begin...:lol:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You can deny it all you want Bear but you're a con, perhaps small c but still a righty.
Sure I am, :roll:...It matters not that the bulk of my well established political ideologies stand in complete opposition to the basic of the Conservative platform.

Shall I list them, and the subsequent links to the supporting posts, and the results of the political compass test, yet again for the perpetually mediocre and reading comprehension-ally challenged?

Perhaps if you placed more effort in reading what is written, and paid closer attention to facts, you wouldn't make such erroneous and silly assertions.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Sure I am, :roll:...It matters not that the bulk of my well established political ideologies stand in complete opposition to the basic of the Conservative platform.

Shall I list them, and the subsequent links to the supporting posts, and the results of the political compass test, yet again for the perpetually mediocre and reading comprehension-ally challenged?

Perhaps if you placed more effort in reading what is written, and paid closer attention to facts, you wouldn't make such erroneous and silly assertions.

Now don't get upset, most posts I have read push you to the right.

If I am mistaken please accept my appology.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I'm not upset at all. The accusations humour me. They only serve to strengthen my opinion of certain members here.

An apology as vacant as your posts and trolling.

What did I say?

Anyways, I'd like to stay on target here, sorry for leading this is a different direction.

I hope sanity prevails in Ottawa but the way things have become I have serious doubts. Just like Hillier said, a bunch of kids on the kindergarden playgorund.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
and how do you propose that that "evidence" be brought forward?
The media has the bone, let's see where it goes.

As has been pointed out in another thread, inquiries aren't cheap and oft lead to no accountability being attached to anyone.

I smell a cover up. I remember the stink in 2007 when the policy was changed. Saying there was no evidence of torture is a direct lie. MacKay must think all Canadians are idiots (although by some of the comments on here he may be right about some).
I agree, but that's a problem all politicians have. The liberal popcorn and beer comment, comes to mind first off.

I wonder if anyone will hold the Liberals accountable for their part in this?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I wonder if anyone will hold the Liberals accountable for their part in this?
I would like to know who is really in charge in this country because it sure isn't the politicians. They spend all their time avoiding doing anything but photo ops. It is absurd to say that this PM or that PM accomplished anything when all they really did was occupy a seat.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I would like to know who is really in charge in this country because it sure isn't the politicians. They spend all their time avoiding doing anything but photo ops.
Agreed.

It is absurd to say that this PM or that PM accomplished anything when all they really did was occupy a seat.
Agreed.

I miss Lester B. Pearson.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I smell a cover up. I remember the stink in 2007 when the policy was changed. Saying there was no evidence of torture is a direct lie. MacKay must think all Canadians are idiots (although by some of the comments on here he may be right about some).

Of course there is a cover up, Cliffy. It is in the interest of conservatives to do a cover up. For them, nothing good can come out of investigating this fully.

So there will be a cover up and in this case, it probably will succeed. As I said before, unless some enterprising journalist digs up all the facts.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
I would like to know who is really in charge in this country because it sure isn't the politicians. They spend all their time avoiding doing anything but photo ops. It is absurd to say that this PM or that PM accomplished anything when all they really did was occupy a seat.

You know who is in charge Cliffy, those whose name we cannot say for fear of feeling silly.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006

This wasn't just criminal, it was criminally stupid.

...In his testimony, Colvin also said the secrecy around the detainee numbers made little sense. "If we go into a village and take away three Afghans, everyone in the village knows exactly who we have taken," he explained. "In practice, the information was being concealed not from the Taliban, but from NATO, the Red Cross and the Canadian public."...

...Canada's detainee policies have alienated Canadian troops from the local population and strengthened the insurgency, he added.

Canada's detainee policies have alienated Canadian troops from the local population and strengthened the insurgency...

Nearly 600 detainees may have been turned over to Afghan security forces