Alberta urged to prove oilsands recommendations were followed

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
I already answered it. You were to busy picking fights to notice it. Scroll back.

and I posted where in Alberta so your claim makes no sense,so try again,what PART of Alberta?
if you cant answer then just say.
Alberta's not that big,what pristine land are you talking about?
I had to drive 16 hours in Alberta to get to the oilsands.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Alberta's not that big,what pristine land are you talking about?
Look, I understand that you have no idea how big 640,081 km2 truly is.

Your question is stupid. There's a reason only you asked it.

That looks so nice. Thanks big oil!

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Look, I understand that you have no idea how big 640,081 km2 truly is.

Your question is stupid. There's a reason only you asked it.

That looks so nice. Thanks big oil!

Whats that? 20 square feet?
Alberta is 661,848 square kilometers (255,541 square miles).

Your talking allmost the whole province,did I mention it takes 16 hours to drive to the oilsands from southern Alberta?
Fail!

Your the one that said most of Alberta was in peril from oilsands development.

That pics not from the oilsands either.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I have a question. I'm in the province 70% of the oil sands sulfur lands in but am I miffed? Nope. It falls on an area where the surface water washes it down and it flows right back into AB

Besides it takes the heat offf the SK nuclear industry which pays me pretty damn good every three months.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Some things are issues, some are blown out of proportion.
I missed this edit, sorry...

I agree, wholeheartedly.

But, IMHO, if only 10% of what is claimed is a real issue, we have a problem. One that won't just up and fix itself.

I'm all for exploration, and exploitation, but at what cost? You have to draw the line somewhere. On the surface it would appear that people looking to get information on what is or isn't being done to meet environmental concerns, are being stymied.

As I mentioned earlier, people have had to sue, to get pertinent information. You have to admit, that's just wrong. Non?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

I agree, wholeheartedly.

But, IMHO, if only 10% of what is claimed is a real issue, we have a problem. One that won't just up and fix itself.

I'm all for exploration, and exploitation, but at what cost? You have to draw the line somewhere. On the surface it would appear that people looking to get information on what is or isn't being done to meet environmental concerns, are being stymied.

As I mentioned earlier, people have had to sue, to get pertinent information. You have to admit, that's just wrong. Non?
They could always ask SaskEnviro for the stats if AB won't cough them up. We've done the downwind and river studies too but know full well the boreal in that area was pooched back in the 40s to 70's by Eldorado.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
They could always ask SaskEnviro for the stats if AB won't cough them up. We've done the downwind and river studies too but know full well the boreal in that area was pooched back in the 40s to 70's by Eldorado.
I don't think it's simply about air and water down wind.

If it was as simple as you make it out to be, I highly doubt the courts would need to be involved.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I don't think it's simply about air and water down wind.

If it was as simple as you make it out to be, I highly doubt the courts would need to be involved.
Courts are involved because it's trendy. Until it does come to court and eveything is out in the open, I'll wait to pass judgement.

There might be legal issues as to why AB Govt isn't releasing the info. They might not own it or have all the rights to it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That's a reasonable assumption, but I would think they would make that known, instead of just dismissing it as a fishing expedition.
There a multitude of possibilities or If you want to get enviro groups off your back make them waste their money on lawyers until they go broke.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Holy smokes! Enough already! Posting the instances of bad repping doesn't come across very well, and it needs to stop(as does the constant bad-repping for bad-repping's sake!). I'm going to trim a bunch of posts from this thread, and I would appreciate if discussion would resume rather than the constant back-and-forth griping that's going on! It really doesn't help the forum.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I believe I said "currently".

Current operating strip mines,got that?

Maybe you know where these hundreds of thousands of sq. miles in Alberta that are in jeopardy are?bear doesn't seem to know even though he made the claim.
that would be most of alberta.
It is 661,848 square kilometers (255,541 square miles).

No, you didn't. You said all the strip mines in the world.

Got it?

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
No, you didn't. You said all the strip mines in the world.

Got it?

If you want to play on words you might want to try comprehending that again then,I can play that game also.
Anyways,your deflecting from the original question also,wheres the hundreds of thousands of square kilometers that are in jeapordy,if you cant answer like an adult just say so.
I will understand,thats 3 of you so far that are refuseing to answer questions about ridiculous claims.

Huge fail on your part and about as pathetic as it gets on any discussion forum I have ever been on.

Man up when you make a mistake,you get more respect that way.

Your deflections are getting a tad monotonous.
I imagine if bear said the earth was flat you and the rest of his fanbois would bend over backwards to back him,like a bunch of sheep,try thinking for your self some time.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

I agree, wholeheartedly.

The question is. are court cases required or is it a combination of grandstanding and laziness by eco groups? SInce I have not tried to find any of this information I don't know. Could be they just want a book given to them they can use as ammunition without doing any research.
Went through similar experiences with ecoterrorists protesting logging years ago. They were publicly demanding answers to questions that even the newest of hourly employees knew. They also blockading workers and demanded that companies change practices even when all the current rules were being followed.