Abortion -The poll is not based upon Religious belief - It is based ethics

Abotion

• Total voters

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Re: Abortion -Canada as it stands has no restrictions on abortion. None. Yet the majo

As I stated it is an ethics question.
You support very late term abortions?
Sex selective abortions?
Would you also support crowning abortions as is practiced in China?

I don't explicitly support sex-selective abortions, but I don't think it's worth worrying about in Canada either.

Late-term abortions (after 20 weeks) are not an issue in Canada. According to Statistics Canada, late-term abortions represent 0.4% of abortions and are only performed if the foetus is not viable or the mother's life is in peril or both.

But Spade...

Every Sperm is Sacred - Monty Python's The Meaning of Life - YouTube

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Re: Abortion -Canada as it stands has no restrictions on abortion. None. Yet the majo

Lol, what part of that confused you?

"You have a whole host of comprehensive medical services available to you through your provincial insurance."

I never claimed that they covered anything and everything.

I wish that dental care was covered, but that would be a massive new government expenditure.

Covering abortions is a relatively very tiny cost to the government, and leads to significant savings overall.

Still deflecting and moving goal posts I see.....
and still an ***.....

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

and still an ***.....

I can't believe this is even a point of discussion.

It was obvious from his original post that when he wrote about a host of services he meant most but not all.

This is why a good education is important folks.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

I can't believe this is even a point of discussion.

It was obvious from his original post that when he wrote about a host of services he meant most but not all.

This is why a good education is important folks.

Yup....another consensus....the discussion is over folks.....:roll:

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Well, for men, we take a chance every time we jump into bed with any woman. There is a chance she will get preggers and stick the man withthe shared financial burden of a child to which to man does not want.

I think it would only be fair, that a woman should be faced with a chance that she may have to pay for her own abortion. How is this accomplished? We make it a tax payer option to choose if they want their taxes to go towards state funded abortions. Therefore, state funded abortions would be a finite fund that can only afford to pay for a finite number of abortions. This idea is a bit rough but i think you get the idea.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

I'm sure you would prefer that, but it aint gonna happen.

Oh I would love you to keep fighting.

Harper might actually listen if you're loud enough. :lol:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

I pay for my own dental care/ dentures which are needed to eat, I pay for my own acupuncture which is better for pain than bloody pills...and the only thing I get is a tax deduction.....
I don't see why people couldn't pay for their own damned abortion if not medically needed to save their life!

Hell you can get a gender change courtesy of the taxpayer.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Still owly over the fresh tearing? It'll heal Peabody. The emotional scars may linger but you'll heal.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I didn't get it from the first site I saw on Google like you did. That's where it came from. If you think $3-$5 a head is a justifiable cost you are on glue. Give the taxpayer who funds OHIP the choice of where their $3-$5± were spent in the budget, how long before fees were introduced?

The unsafe practises is bullsh-t. Unprotected sex kills more than any abortion infection could fester up.

Have you considered the costs beyond the surgery? How many end up with post procedural costs that are overlooked?

What does it cost a society when building for the future?
The"unsafe methods" argument is malarky.

What does it save society when the costs of dealing with unwanted kids and young mothers on welfare?

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Looks like Loc's spurious post about people who support abortions also supporting pedobears has disappeared.

Odd that.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013

and still an ***.....

It really could not have been worded any more clearly from the start.

There is literally no other definition of the words that I wrote that would imply that everything you could possibly want is covered. "A whole host" means "a lot".

"You have a whole host of comprehensive medical services available to you through your provincial insurance."

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

It really could not have been worded any clearer from the start.

There is literally no other definition of the words that I wrote that would imply that everything you could possibly want is covered. "A whole host" means "a lot".

Including a lot that many of us do not wish to pay for and many that we want medical to pay for but for some reason it doesn't

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

Including a lot that many of us do not wish to pay for and many that we want medical to pay for but for some reason it doesn't

That is besides the point.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013

Those lists would be different for each individual person. The nature of a group insurance plan is that not everyone is going to need the same things.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Oh I would love you to keep fighting.

Harper might actually listen if you're loud enough. :lol:

What is it with you and harper?

Those lists would be different for each individual person. The nature of a group insurance plan is that not everyone is going to need the same things.

Ya, no money for drugs and life saving treatments for some kids, but no problem with money when it comes to killing kids.