Abortion is wrong no matter what! Part 2

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Despite what the lunatic religious right says, I don't think you'll find ANYONE out there who is "a big fan of abortion". It's not like everyone is running around getting pregnant just so they can have an abortion; IT'S NOT FUN, you know.

Jeez, there are an awful lot of people with strong opinions on something they've never been through, and won't likely ever go through. It's always easier to make rules for other people, isn't it?

bravo!!!!!!!

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Despite what the lunatic religious right says, I don't think you'll find ANYONE out there who is "a big fan of abortion". It's not like everyone is running around getting pregnant just so they can have an abortion; IT'S NOT FUN, you know.

Jeez, there are an awful lot of people with strong opinions on something they've never been through, and won't likely ever go through. It's always easier to make rules for other people, isn't it?

I never said it was fun I just stated an opinion.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
2 million abortion have taken place since its been legal.

2 MILLION!

Those are lives that have been denied their right to a life. I think the number speaks for itself. I wish the gov. would have a referendum on abortio and same-sex marraige to go along with a national federal election, to let the people decide, not the house.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California

2 MILLION!

Those are lives that have been denied their right to a life. I think the number speaks for itself. I wish the gov. would have a referendum on abortio and same-sex marraige to go along with a national federal election, to let the people decide, not the house.

And if that referendum came out in favor of keeping abortion legal, would you accept it? Cause that's the most likely result. Even people who don't like abortions often see the impracticality of criminalizing it.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Not to mention the questionability of having referendums on anything close to human rights, that's what people often like to moan about when they think of increasing numbers of immigrants imposing something like sharia law or other customs from countries which defy our basic rights and freedoms.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

2 MILLION!

And you know what? Studies suggest that the drop in crime rate in places like NYC is due, in large part, to legalized abortion. So I think we should encourage it.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
The thought against abortion really bugs me .
For or against, sounds two demensional to a multi dimensional complex question.
The church needs to seperate black from white, right from wrong, do's and don'ts. Or else it would cease to exist! Never has it taken in the grey area.
Those picketing against at the abortion clinics has ever stood up and offered to adopt the baby!
The paranoid thoughts that it's easy for a woman to go through with it.
Nobody ever thought of the unwanted child and his quality of life afterwards, especially if it comes from a low income background. To go through life labeled unwanted , an accident, because he was forced into this life by ..........whoever. We emphisize on life oppsed to death, never the quality of life. What will happen to this child growing up as such, are we going to see him grow up as a missfit only to judge him more as an adult? Will he treat his kids to as unwanted? because like it or not we do onto our kids pretty much the same sins as our parents did onto us ( I've been there ).
This is too deep for us all to judge inwhole, even less right or wrong.
It's easy to be against and impose values on others when it doesn't involve you.
You'll be the first to kick and scream when some group imposes they're values on you.
I have been on both sides of this issue. Changed when I looked into it indetail (as far and limited that my male mind could take me )
Hope this adds another dimension to the issue.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!

2 MILLION!

you're against same sex marriage as well? you really do like stopping other people from choosing their own lives

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa

2 MILLION!

Protugal just had a referndum on that issue and have now legalised it.

Would you accept such a result which is very likely in Canada?

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
The thought against abortion really bugs me .
For or against, sounds two demensional to a multi dimensional complex question.
The church needs to seperate black from white, right from wrong, do's and don'ts. Or else it would cease to exist! Never has it taken in the grey area.
Those picketing against at the abortion clinics has ever stood up and offered to adopt the baby!
The paranoid thoughts that it's easy for a woman to go through with it.
Nobody ever thought of the unwanted child and his quality of life afterwards, especially if it comes from a low income background. To go through life labeled unwanted , an accident, because he was forced into this life by ..........whoever. We emphisize on life oppsed to death, never the quality of life. What will happen to this child growing up as such, are we going to see him grow up as a missfit only to judge him more as an adult? Will he treat his kids to as unwanted? because like it or not we do onto our kids pretty much the same sins as our parents did onto us ( I've been there ).
This is too deep for us all to judge inwhole, even less right or wrong.
It's easy to be against and impose values on others when it doesn't involve you.
You'll be the first to kick and scream when some group imposes they're values on you.
I have been on both sides of this issue. Changed when I looked into it indetail (as far and limited that my male mind could take me )
Hope this adds another dimension to the issue.

Youve very nicely summed up my position. Ive had 9 miscarrages, each one could have been an abortion if I had believed in them. I was raped and molested and I did have to think about how those children were concieved. Who in there right mind would tell me after being victomised that I have no right to abort? I was blessed that Goddess answered those questions for me. I was prepared to raise those children but I sure as Hell thought about the other side of the coin!

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
I have lost two children to abortion by two different women. I would have raised them on my own if I had been given the opportunity but, unfortunately, I wasn't given the option. Some days I hope there really is a sky god that sends people to hell. I know two women I would nominate for a one way trip.

Still I am pro-choice because the option has to be available in order for women to have full rights. The right to choose is no ones but the woman's just like who goes to hell is no ones decision but Gods.

Reactions: Zzarchov

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I have lost two children to abortion by two different women. I would have raised them on my own if I had been given the opportunity but, unfortunately, I wasn't given the option. Some days I hope there really is a sky god that sends people to hell. I know two women I would nominate for a one way trip.

Still I am pro-choice because the option has to be available in order for women to have full rights. The right to choose is no ones but the woman's just like who goes to hell is no ones decision but Gods.
Scott .....i hear you on that and i find it very big of you to still be prochoice even after that.
Hats off to you sincerly.