A looters' apology - Total Crap I say:

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Everyone charged gets rounded up.

They get sorted out into guys under 25 versus those over. Those over go through the system. The reason for that is because of some interesting sociological studies done by the US army. Did you know if you put every young male between the ages of 15 to 25 into jail you would reduce violent crime by 95%

That's why Australian Aboriginals send them on a walkabout. That's why Mormons send them on a mission. That's why Americans used to have normal signup-for-service after high-school. What did Canadians do?

For those under, employers are told that offenders are not to be fired. Just not paid while they are away.

The offenders work as crews until everything is rebuilt, in order to learn how it's more work to build than to destroy. They might learn some trade along the way.

The faster and better organized they can be to get things rebuilt, the faster they get back to a paying job.

Which means...

Who are the nations greatest crew sups?

Last edited:

Chev

Electoral Member
Feb 10, 2009
Alberta
I think there are better solutions than prison. Spend the money that would be used supervising them in prison supervising them in the community repairing damage, picking up garbage, working in parks, cleaning up streams for 8 hours a day six days a week.
Good ideas.. the least these losers should have to do. All the damage should have to be repaired or rebuilt first, then they can start with all the other. I think there should be some kind of monetary compensation from these losers as well.

That would likely fall under the realm of constructive dismissal... That employee may even have grounds for wrongful dismissal.
If the management were "cutting back her hours because they're not that busy", that's wouldn't be 'wrongful dismissal'. (one fast food joint did that to a son of a friend of mine, can't prove otherwise..)

That would likely fall under the realm of constructive dismissal... That employee may even have grounds for wrongful dismissal.
If she worked there for less than 3 months (even if it was 1 day short), they don't even have to have/give a reason for firing.
Several years ago I was fired from a job 2 days before my 3 months 'probationary period' was up. I asked the boss later, why.. the reply was "you are always on time, you never punch in till after you've been to your locker/washroom whatever, you always punch out before you go to your locker/washroom whatever, you are always on the production floor before your starting time, you know and do your job and have cross trained in others...." So what was the problem??? She said I made everyone miserable... Huh?
It seems that pretty much anything goes. It appears, according to the Alberta Labour Standards website, anything can be 'just cause' but there is no hint or explaination of what 'just cause' is.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Good ideas.. the least these losers should have to do. All the damage should have to be repaired or rebuilt first, then they can start with all the other. I think there should be some kind of monetary compensation from these losers as well.

QUOTE]

The last sentence kind of sums up the quandary- "losers" often don't have money. I think once they've finished their sentence in whatever form the judge decides, then they start on compensation for damage, whether it be at $50 a week or it be at 5 hours of labour a week, like cleaning outhouses, cleaning up graffiti and doing restorative work.