A different way of thinking regarding gun control in Canada.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Fact: Criminals fear citizens with guns more than police with guns because a citizen is more likely to shoot first, ask questions later.

Fact: When faced with a violent situation who does everyone call? The police, because they have guns.

Fact: There are two types of people in this world. Good guys and bad guys. The more guns owned by good guys, the safer our communities will be.

Being a good guy, why can't I carry a concealed handgun on my person while out for an evening walk?

Canada sucks. Our society's mind set is upside down, ass backwards.
I hate this country, and believe it should be broken up.

Long live Cascadia! Love live the resistance!

If you're a law abiding citizen, and have taken your courses and do not have a criminal record
and no history of mental illness and are licensed to carry a firearm and believe in it strongly
enough to actually carry one....why conceal it? Why not carry it openly on your hip? If the
argument is that it would be a deterrent against crime, wouldn't it be more of a deterrent if
it wasn't hidden? If the law allowed you to carry a firearm in public, why hide it?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
If you're a law abiding citizen, and have taken your courses and do not have a criminal record
and no history of mental illness and are licensed to carry a firearm and believe in it strongly
enough to actually carry one....why conceal it? Why not carry it openly on your hip? If the
argument is that it would be a deterrent against crime, wouldn't it be more of a deterrent if
it wasn't hidden? If the law allowed you to carry a firearm in public, why hide it?
Because someone would mug you and steal it lol.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W

Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, too many whiners, hippies, bleeding hearts, soccer moms would say "WAAAAAAAAA"

Gotta conceal. Plus, ur boss gonna let walk around with that all day? Plus they have really nice concealable holsters now.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Your right, but not everyone's goin' go down to the dojo and start training. A weapon, even pepperspray is more convenient.

While your crapping your pants and swallowing your tongue your shakey little pinkies are going to be too busy trying to run away to find anything in a pocket or purse, let alone release a holster strap or pop the lid off your bear spray. What training do you need to stomp on somebody's foot or pop him in the nose? They're looking for easy marks ... unless you stiffed the dude and he's collecting.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Come on Alley, guns are for sissies and hockey moms.

LOL, your right! Tommorow's going be a new day! No more dreaming of being able to walk with my head up, no more staying inside a nite, no more alley walking, I'm going to the main street! And if I have a problem, I'll use my body and mind as a lean, mean killing machine! lol

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Happy stereotyping there, guy....

generally speaking, we all judge by first appearances, you know you do.
but of course I know, even people I make assumptions about (whether true or not)I respect and love them as a fellow human beings. Obviously, no one deserves to suffer, lose their life...

But on the other hand, most people who are affiliated the H.A., deal drugs, or are wise to what the org. does. So when you see one move in next door ..... what do you do?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
LOL, your right! Tommorow's going be a new day! No more dreaming of being able to walk with my head up, no more staying inside a nite, no more alley walking, I'm going to the main street! And if I have a problem, I'll use my body and mind as a lean, mean killing machine! lol
You need to get that low self-esteem and evening-walk phobia checked out.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
While your crapping your pants and swallowing your tongue your shakey little pinkies are going to be too busy trying to run away to find anything in a pocket or purse, let alone release a holster strap or pop the lid off your bear spray. What training do you need to stomp on somebody's foot or pop him in the nose? They're looking for easy marks ... unless you stiffed the dude and he's collecting.

True, in most cases that could happen. I've been robbed enough times to tell you that when the guy gives you initial request for your wallet, that's when you pull out your firearm and immedialtely fire.

But the point is, if EVERYONE, maybe by law(few exceptions) carried a firearm, therefore all persons, law abiding and crooked, KNOW that every single person is armed.

I wouldn't mess around. I'd go be a crook in a different land.

:lol::lol::lol:

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
but of course I know, even people I make assumptions about (whether true or not)I respect and love them as a fellow human beings. Obviously, no one deserves to suffer, lose their life...

But on the other hand, most people who are affiliated the H.A., deal drugs, or are wise to what the org. does. So when you see one move in next door ..... what do you do?

Friends of mine own Stucco & Masonry business and have their compound right
next to the H.A. clubhouse. They're one of the few businesses that have never had
a break-in, and they most likely will never have a break-in.

I'm a law abiding citizen, and I tell you, I would feel more comfortable in the company
of most of the local H.A.'s that most of our local police force. If I had an H.A. move
in next door to me, I'd first make sure that he made buddies with my dogs, and then
I'd sleep well knowing that I doubt I ever need to call the police either due to my new
neighbour or anyone wishing to commit a property crime on my end of the block.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W

Friends of mine own Stucco & Masonry business and have their compound right
next to the H.A. clubhouse. They're one of the few businesses that have never had
a break-in, and they most likely will never have a break-in.

I'm a law abiding citizen, and I tell you, I would feel more comfortable in the company
of most of the local H.A.'s that most of our local police force. If I had an H.A. move
in next door to me, I'd first make sure that he made buddies with my dogs, and then
I'd sleep well knowing that I doubt I ever need to call the police either due to my new
neighbour or anyone wishing to commit a property crime on my end of the block.

They deal drugs. Ya feeling me? Cocaine, meth, ectasy. They kill people. They kill dogs. I **** you not.

Although some cops suck, they are the good guys. If you don't trust them, that' fine but call them when your in trouble. It only makes sense.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm laughing as I read your last post. I believe that you believe what you've just written is true.
Good for you. I'm glad that you still believe that. Great. With that in mind and your level of
faith in your police force...why would you want to carry a gun? You still believe that you can
call the police and they might do something. You don't need to carry a gun then, do you?

I used to have similar views to you on law enforcement. I'm still pro-law enforcement if you
can believe that from my comments, but I'm anti-incompetence. Our police force has issues.
Check out the crime stat's for your home town, and mine. If I lived in your town, I might regain
an attitude towards law enforcement like you have. I don't live there though. You in your town
can call a cop. I'm not calling one here.

FYI...I'm not a criminal. I'm the safety supervisor and compliance officer for an international
transportation firm and deal with law enforcement (via the phone) on a daily basis. I enjoy it.
The local force here is not like law enforcement that I deal with professionally throughout
Canada and the USA. I came very close to being shot in my own yard in the last month by
our local police when I reported a crime. Long story. You can call a cop. I'm not calling one.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
I'm laughing as I read your last post. I believe that you believe what you've just written is true.
Good for you. I'm glad that you still believe that. Great. With that in mind and your level of
faith in your police force...why would you want to carry a gun? You still believe that you can
call the police and they might do something. You don't need to carry a gun then, do you?

I used to have similar views to you on law enforcement. I'm still pro-law enforcement if you
can believe that from my comments, but I'm anti-incompetence. Our police force has issues.
Check out the crime stat's for your home town, and mine. If I lived in your town, I might regain
an attitude towards law enforcement like you have. I don't live there though. You in your town
can call a cop. I'm not calling one here.

FYI...I'm not a criminal. I'm the safety supervisor and compliance officer for an international
transportation firm and deal with law enforcement (via the phone) on a daily basis. I enjoy it.
The local force here is not like law enforcement that I deal with professionally throughout
Canada and the USA. I came very close to being shot in my own yard in the last month by
our local police when I reported a crime. Long story. You can call a cop. I'm not calling one.

Regarding your bad experience, that sux,. I don't know the whole story, but does that mean the next time you call, incompentence will transpire on part of the cops?

Also I would still carry a firearm if I could, obviously, the bad guy might not alwayz allow me phone for backup, so if I carried a firearm... I could conquer my assailant. You see how that works? Instead of waiting God knows how long, I take a Pre-Emptive strike. Kinda how Israel bombed its enemies b4 they got attacked. Good guy win -- bad guy lose.

Also I don't know where you live, but in my neighbourhood, gangs made up of rotten teens and young adults, plague us. None of it gets reported, cuz society blows.

:lol::lol::lol:Me sleeply now, great debate, hope to debate more soon! Props, alleywayzalwayz

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Your right, but not everyone's goin' go down to the dojo and start training. A weapon, even pepperspray is more convenient.

I would hazard a guess that it takes less training to learn how to stomp on an instep, than it takes t learn how to properly handle, store, and fire a gun. If you're telling me that most people aren't willing to learn one, why would I want them grabbing a gun instead. That's an awful lot of untrained gun toting morons.