39,000 jobs lost in Canada.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Tough love for everyone. Lets celebrate!
The children will suffer the most, but that will only help them build character.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Tough love for everyone. Lets celebrate!
The children will suffer the most, but that will only help them build character.

Not to mention gaining an understanding of the things that are more important than the almighty dollar. Hollywood is full of people who are filthy rich but have tragic lives.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Not to mention gaining an understanding of the things that are more important than the almighty dollar. Hollywood is full of people who are filthy rich but have tragic lives.

You are missing one important fact.
We never learned those essential life skills you are talking about.
Our parents would do fine if things would go back 70 years in the past.

All of the kids would not fair so well I'm afraid.
Think of it as animals having been born & grown in a zoo.
They would not survive very long if set free into the wild.

I guess a few would survive. And that's worth celebrating.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You are missing one important fact.
We never learned those essential life skills you are talking about.
Our parents would do fine if things would go back 70 years in the past.

All of the kids would not fair so well I'm afraid.
Think of it as animals having been born & grown in a zoo.
They would not survive very long if set free into the wild.

I guess a few would survive. And that's worth celebrating.

There's a bit of truth in that, but the human animal is very adaptable and when their backs are against the wall they are good at finding solutions. Perhaps one road block would be their feeling of entitlement.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
There's a bit of truth in that, but the human animal is very adaptable and when their backs are against the wall they are good at finding solutions. Perhaps one road block would be their feeling of entitlement.

I think what we know & live for the first 5 -10 years sets itself naturally as what we expect of life. We learn to be entitled to that. Like zoo animals maybe.

So yes. My generation expects to consume massive amounts of produced goods at a unsustainable rate for all of its life....
It's all we have ever known.

Changing that would have a huge negative impact on them. We would adapt, yes.

Their would be huge amount of unrest.
Many would turn to crime to try and return to the natural expectation that was set in The first 10 years of our lives.

You have created little consumer monsters.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I think what we know & live for the first 5 -10 years sets itself naturally as what we expect of life. We learn to be entitled to that. Like zoo animals maybe.

So yes. My generation expects to consume massive amounts of produced goods at a unsustainable rate for all of its life....
It's all we have ever known.

Changing that would have a huge negative impact on them.
We would adapt, yes.

Their would be huge amount of unrest.
Many would turn to crime to try and return to the natural expectation that was set in The first 10 years of our lives.

You have created little consumer monsters.
I thought they were all depressed and had checked out..8O

Reality bites

oh wait, you mean they are all depressed because they can't sustain themselves in the lifestyle that they have become accustomed to...

THEN they check out, meaning they move back home and become lethargic...

if so, yes they will survive, just not at the same level they were used to...too bad, so sad... we all need to learn to adjust to new circumstances that happen...it's called life

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I thought they were all depressed and had checked out..8O

Reality bites

oh wait, you mean they are all depressed because they can't sustain themselves in the lifestyle that they have become accustomed to...

Sounds like the 99% better get used to having KD as their primary entree from this point forward.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Pink tuna?.. Never heard of it.
check the super market shelves...it's the cheap stuff... I buy it as cat treats now... it smells nasty and tastes worse...

solid white chunk baby, it's the only way to go:

there's a big difference

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Boomers where very lucky to grow up expecting nothing and getting way more then what was set in there initial upbringing expectations.
Psychologically that must of been really rewarding.

Now we are on the downward curve, with a generation that expects the high of the wave, and are going to get less..
Psychologically that is very depressing.

Let's simplify

The difference would be.

Expecting nothing and getting it all.
Expecting everything and getting nothing.

One must of been really fun
The other must be very depressing.

What would you rather live?

We haven't adapted very well. Most haven't left the zoo (home)
Or we keep coming back.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
check the super market shelves...it's the cheap stuff... I buy it as cat treats now... it smells nasty and tastes worse...

solid white chunk baby, it's the only way to go:

there's a big difference

In price too. Is the cheap stuff any less nutritious?

Boomers where very lucky to grow up expecting nothing and getting way more then what was set in there initial upbringing expectations.

Now we are on the downward curve, with a generation that expects the high of the wave, and are going to get less..

Let's simplify

The difference would be.

Is the human race going to become extinct because of economic changes? I doubt it. I think the race in more in danger from getting too fat and lethargic! -:)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
In price too. Is the cheap stuff any less nutritious?
nope not less nutritious as far as I know; likely full of just as much mercury, and the protein is likely the same...it's a pretty pink colour...my cat is becoming finicky with it though... likely because when I open the good stuff she gets all of the juice and a chunk of the white

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Notice how a captured animal brought to a zoo can always be put back into the wild, and zoo life is easier so they have no problem with that.
But a animal born in the zoo seldom survive very long if brought into the wild. They usually die off within a year, unless you ease them in.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
nope not less nutritious as far as I know; likely full of just as much mercury, and the protein is likely the same...it's a pretty pink colour...my cat is becoming finicky with it though... likely because when I open the good stuff she gets all of the juice and a chunk of the white

I've never had any problem with the cheap stuff, although it may not be as tasty as albacore.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Let's simplify

The difference would be.

Or we keep coming back.

What I notice in your explanation is the heavy reliance on 'expectations'.

What you also failed to recognize is that the boomers reached their 'expectations' through hard work and advancing themselves...

That's the difference I see.... Boomers never expected anything and worked for what they have.

BTW - I am not a boomer and never held onto expecting anything from anyone

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Notice how a captured animal brought to a zoo can always be put back into the wild, and zoo life is easier so they have no problem with that.
But a animal born in the zoo seldom survive very long if brought into the wild. They usually die off within a year, unless you ease them in.

But the human animal (theoretically speaking) is more intelligent than zoo animals.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I don't completely disagree with what you are saying here... yes my generation came from immigrants who had little, worked hard and raised tough kids... we worked hard, can rub two pennies together and get a nickel...we raised kids and gave them everything we could, it was not smart, now these kids are raising kids and making them pussies by protecting every thing they do....this is a blanket statement and a generalization... however here's the thing, people are not zoo animals, they are hopefully a tad smarter and they will learn to hunt and adapt...otherwise they will die out... I don't see that happening any time soon... they want to eat, they will hunt, they just won't do it with a 30,000 dollar rifle

I've never had any problem with the cheap stuff, although it may not be as tasty as albacore.
actually it's the opposite...albacore has less of a fishy taste...I hate fish... that's why I like the white stuff

think of it as paying more for less

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
But the human animal (theoretically speaking) is more intelligent than zoo animals.

Psychologically, I think we are closer then you would think. My guess.

What I notice in your explanation is the heavy reliance on 'expectations'.

What you also failed to recognize is that the boomers reached their 'expectations' through hard work and advancing themselves...

That's the difference I see.... Boomers never expected anything and worked for what they have.

BTW - I am not a boomer and never held onto expecting anything from anyone

I'm looking at it from a economic stand point. The difference would be

If everyone has 20 job offer
If there was 20 people applying for one job.

Working hard is all fine and all but is beside my point.
If there is one job for 20 people. Only one gets the opportunity to work hard to keep that job.
And he can be replaced by 20 oaths if need be.
If there is 20 jobs per one person. Every person gets the chance to work hard to keep there job
And if they not happy at it, they have 19 other jobs waiting for them.

So baby boomers working hard is besides the point.

The economic reality today is... We don't have 20 job offer per person in Canada.
It is normal to see 1000 application for 30 jobs.

So losing 39000 more good paying job is definitely not cause to celebrate.

Last edited: