1/3 Population of Puerto Rico Gets Food Stamps from U.S. Gov’t

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
You were the guy that was wanted to look at the corporate friendliness of the current admin and compare it to the 1900's.... How come you don't want to look at the actual (record) dollar amounts that have fled under the same admin?

BTW - I notice that you decided not to address the unemployment and foreclosure rates under this admin... Why's that buddy?

Dude, you are the same guy who claims that the Diamond mining business in Canada n is 'squeaky clean' when the SEC just issued it's lageest 'penny stock scam' fraud judgement EVER agfianst one of tyhe erstwhile major players.

If Gopher has stopped debating you it's probably because your 'creds are shreds'.. Claim the shame , Captain...

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Dude, you are the same guy who claims that the Diamond mining business in Canada n is 'squeaky clean' when the SEC just issued it's lageest 'penny stock scam' fraud judgement EVER agfianst one of tyhe erstwhile major players.

Au contrairie my reading-comprehenisionally challenged friend.

My sole comment was that you are a cheap bast*rd in trying to trick your girl friend by giving her a synthetic diamond instead of the real thing... Fooling yourself into believing that no one can tell is one thing, but it's another to BS someone else.

If Gopher has stopped debating you it's probably because your 'creds are shreds'.. Claim the shame , Captain...

Why don't you answer the question then?

... That's right; you can't therefore, the last real course of action you have is to ignore these very inconvient questions.

Typical

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard

My sole comment was that you are a cheap bast*rd in trying to trick your girl friend by giving her a synthetic diamond instead of the real thing... Fooling yourself into believing that no one can tell is one thing, but it's another to BS someone else.

... That's right; you can't therefore, the last real course of action you have is to ignore these very inconvient questions.

Typical

What you are finding out, the HARD WAY,is that posters ignore a serial on line TROLL.
Give up the TROLL style- or 'claim the shame'.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard

Typical

SIGH>>>>>
Normally I avoid responding to anyone who is behaving like a 'full fleged jerk'
But the subject under discussion is
SEC Obtains Summary Judgment Against Four Defendants in CMKM Diamonds Case

The SEC's conviction or CMKM diamonds for massive fraud, not your weird attempts to troll a rise out of me...

Give it up, CM

SIGH>>>>>

The SEC's conviction or CMKM diamonds for massive fraud, not your weird attempts to troll a rise out of me...

The discussion is under 'hot topics'- which is where you should place any answer, instead of following me from fora to fora.

Give it up, CM
( edit)

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Is this too simple of a solution to the 'food stamps to Puerto Rico cost'.

The USA can insist they are now independent and no longer under the hell of America.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
What part of PR not being a state don't you understand?

They are an unincorporated territory.

But PR's are US citizen under the Jones Act of 1917 and now want full citizenship.

Is that too difficult to understand?

Jones–Shafroth Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Jones–Shafroth Act, Pub.L. 64–368, 39 Stat. 951, enacted March 2, 1917, also known as the Jones Act of Puerto Rico or Jones Law of Puerto Rico, was an Act of the United States Congress, signed by President Woodrow Wilson on March 2, 1917. The act granted U.S. Citizenship to the people of Puerto Rico. It also created the Senate of Puerto Rico, established a bill of rights, and authorized the election of a Resident Commissioner (previously appointed by the President) to a four-year term.

You were the guy that was wanted to look at the corporate friendliness of the current admin and compare it to the 1900's.... How come you don't want to look at the actual (record) dollar amounts that have fled under the same admin?

BTW - I notice that you decided not to address the unemployment and foreclosure rates under this admin... Why's that buddy?

Unemployment = we have discussed enough times about how your Republican friends refused to sign the job creation act. Do we have to do it again?????//

As for foreclosures, sign the Act, give people the jobs they want, and foreclosures won't happen.

Is that too difficult to understand???????

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
SIGH>>>>>

Excellent sleuthing Matlock.... Now that you've identified a handful of problem companies, we can safely extrapolate that to every single diamond mining company on the planet.

You can now feel better about giving your girlfriend a cheap knock-off.

Unemployment = we have discussed enough times about how your Republican friends refused to sign the job creation act. Do we have to do it again?????//

As for foreclosures, sign the Act, give people the jobs they want, and foreclosures won't happen.

Is that too difficult to understand???????

Wasn't it important enough for the Democrats to do this when they had control of both Houses?

But like your buddy above; it still doesn't answer the question about the historical rates going wwaaaayyy back to the 1900's.

I can see why you want to dodge the question. I believe that you would be embarrassed to publish those numbers

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Excellent sleuthing Matlock.... Now that you've identified a handful of problem companies, we can safely extrapolate that to every single diamond mining company on the planet.

TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL in the fora..............TROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL in the fora TROLLLLLLLLLLL in the fora..............

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Is this too simple of a solution to the 'food stamps to Puerto Rico cost'.

The USA can insist they are now independent and no longer under the hell of America.

Not quite. Puerto Ricans are Americans. The Union is built on citizenship. not dissolution. Refer to the Nullifican Acts of 1832.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard

Wasn't it important enough for the Democrats to do this when they had control of both Houses?

But like your buddy above; it still doesn't answer the question about the historical rates going wwaaaayyy back to the 1900's.

I can see why you want to dodge the question. I believe that you would be embarrassed to publish those numbers

How interesting, Gopher. Captain El Stependo's ADHD not only leads him off topic, but it incompacitates him from posting a coherent query.

Statehood for PR is 'not an option', it is the logical outcome of the 1952 constitution.
Truman Library - Public Papers of the Presidents: Harry S. Truman=

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Captain,

The majority of president in the beginning of the 1900s until the Great Depression (which they started) were Republicans.

As for why Obama did not start the jobs bill earlier, you will recall that he thought the stimulus bill was going to create the jobs:

Without GOP, Unemployment Would be Under 6% | Alternet

But the wealthy elites took all that money and ran rather than create jobs.

EagleSmack; said:
It is not their choice to become a state. It does not work that way.

Why not? It was given to Hawaii after a majority voted for amalgamation in 1959:

By a letter of September 17, 1959, after a statehood vote in Hawaii with 94 percent approval, the United States notified the U.N. Secretary General that Hawaii had become a state of the Union in August 1959 and that the United States would thereafter cease to transmit information to the United Nations. The United Nations accepted this notification and removed Hawaii from the list of non-self-governing territories, recognizing the statehood of Hawaii.

~ wiki

hunboldt; said:
How interesting, Gopher. Captain El Stependo's ADHD not only leads him off topic, but it incompacitates him from posting a coherent query.

Statehood for PR is 'not an option', it is the logical outcome of the 1952 constitution.
Truman Library - Public Papers of the Presidents: Harry S. Truman=

Precisely the same option as with Hawaii.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Why not? It was given to Hawaii after a majority voted for amalgamation in 1959:

By a letter of September 17, 1959, after a statehood vote in Hawaii with 94 percent approval, the United States notified the U.N. Secretary General that Hawaii had become a state of the Union in August 1959 and that the United States would thereafter cease to transmit information to the United Nations. The United Nations accepted this notification and removed Hawaii from the list of non-self-governing territories, recognizing the statehood of Hawaii.

~ wiki

Wrong again Gopher...

In March 1959, Congress passed the Hawaii Admission Act and U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed it into law.

THEN Hawaii was asked to vote and they voted for statehood.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
The majority of president in the beginning of the 1900s until the Great Depression (which they started) were Republicans.

Great - but you are the one that is crowing about how Obama has presided over a period in which the greatest corporate profits have been achieved, yet are very quiet about comparing that to the present vs historical unemployment numbers and foreclosure rates during this period of massive corporate prosperity.

Fact is, those events go hand-in-hand... Corporate profitability and expansion will have a positive impact on employment that in turn will have an impact on rates of foreclosure.

I'm pretty sure that if you connect the dots on this, you'll begin to understand that the policies from the White House are having a large effect on the above issues as it relates to the 'corporate and tax friendliness' in the USA.

As for why Obama did not start the jobs bill earlier, you will recall that he thought the stimulus bill was going to create the jobs:

I guess he thought wrong... He isn't the first President to make a mistake, nor will he be the last.

Without GOP, Unemployment Would be Under 6% | Alternet

Speculative at best

But the wealthy elites took all that money and ran rather than create jobs.

Like who?.. Do your numbers add-up to an amount that heavily contributes to the nation's financial situation today?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Wrong again Gopher...

In March 1959, Congress passed the Hawaii Admission Act and U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower signed it into law.

THEN Hawaii was asked to vote and they voted for statehood.

Read just below that:

The reasons why Hawaii did not achieve statehood, say, ten years ago—and one could without much exaggeration say sixty years ago—lie not in the Congress but in Hawaii. The most effective opposition to statehood has always originated in Hawaii itself. For the most part it has remained under cover and has marched under other banners. Such opposition could not afford to disclose itself, since it was so decidedly against the interests and desires of Hawaii's people generally

It was the Hawaiians who opposed statehood for those 10 years. Only when they favored it was statehood granted.

Today the majority want it in PR. Therefore, it follows that it should be granted. Ditto for Washington DC

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Read just below that:

The reasons why Hawaii did not achieve statehood, say, ten years ago—and one could without much exaggeration say sixty years ago—lie not in the Congress but in Hawaii. The most effective opposition to statehood has always originated in Hawaii itself. For the most part it has remained under cover and has marched under other banners. Such opposition could not afford to disclose itself, since it was so decidedly against the interests and desires of Hawaii's people generally

It was the Hawaiians who opposed statehood for those 10 years. Only when they favored it was statehood granted.

Today the majority want it in PR. Therefore, it follows that it should be granted. Ditto for Washington DC

James Michener's novel 'Hawaii', printed in 1958, is a 'must read' on the subject as a lot of it is devoted to the post WW2 transfer of power.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
hunboldt; said:
James Michener's novel 'Hawaii', printed in 1958, is a 'must read' on the subject as a lot of it is devoted to the post WW2 transfer of power.

I did read that book and agree that it says a lot about the politics of Hawaii and the events that eventually led to statehood.

Interestingly, Michener overlooked the fact that about 5,000 Puerto Ricans, largely from within the central part of the island who were the last vestiges of surviving Native Americans, were moved to Hawaii in the 1890s. The government suppressed news of this and Michener may not have been aware of this truth. Thus today, tens of thousands of Hawaiians are descended of Puerto Ricans and don't even know it.

Captain,

yet are very quiet about comparing that to the present vs historical unemployment numbers and foreclosure rates during this period of massive corporate prosperity.

I have not been quiet at all. Had you bothered to read my posts on the stimulus you would have known I opposed it because I knew the rich would take their welfare checks and run with them. I also pointed out (repeatedly I might add) that the real problem in this society is corporate welfare in which the welfare elites are enriched because they do not pay taxes.

Just a an example, how many more times must I post this before you get the picture"

One last point, I have repeatedly quoted David Stockman and his admission that Reaganomics is corporate elitist welfarism. In fact right wingers on this forum have been irked over the fact that I have repeated it. Thus contrary to your delusional rant, I have repeated myself rather than been silent.

How to make $30 billion and pay no corporate income tax, the Apple way

How to make $30 billion and pay no corporate income tax, the Apple way

End the corporate welfare state and we'll have those jobs & end foreclosures.

There, I said it again.