1/3 Population of Puerto Rico Gets Food Stamps from U.S. Gov’t

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Is there a shortage of spaces for garden plots?

Garden plots make a lot of Sense- they require a certain amount of tillage equipment, secured storage, etc.
Plus security against harvest pilferage.

PLus transporation to and form . Worked in Russai in the Soviet Union,

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Good one... Nice to see that you move the goal posts whenever you are asked an inconvenient question.

The only goal post I have set is that corporate welfare exists. I have no need to move it as you haven't bothered to refute it.

Responsibility is completely contingent to this discussion, especially as it relates to this issue.

It's contingent to your point but again, you seem to be arguing against yourself.

I didn't even bother to read the link..

Whiy am I not surprised? LOL

So, corporate welfare is OK in this instance?

Welfare, whether personal or corporate is OK if it accomplishes a well defined goal and is in the greater public interest. Unlike you, I do not differentiate between the two. In both cases, it is public money going to individuals.

Last edited:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The only goal post I have set is that corporate welfare exists. I have no need to move it as you haven't bothered to refute it.

Sure it exists and for the very same reason that you detailed below.

Welfare, whether personal or corporate is OK if it accomplishes a well defined goal and is in the greater public interest. Unlike you, I do not differentiate between the two. In both cases, it is public money going to individuals.

Looks like we're on the same page here

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Oh but they are not starving. Our poor are not only the most well fed poor in the world... they are the most obese class in the country!

But seriously... give us free food or we'll commit crimes... that is crazy. How about work?[/QUOTE]

Ok- what is your business plan to provide full employment in Puerto rico? I'm all ears...

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
We have several in my neighbourhood. It's all volunteer run on city loaned property and the gates are open to raiding 24/7. To date nobody has trashed any of the gardens.

North Central Community Gardens | North Central Community Association Regina

South of the 49th, OTOH>>>>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Central_Farm

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
I should have posted in a semi-purplish hue.

I think that we maintain fundamental differences when one analyzes the individual details

Time for muffin songs!
Muffin Songs - Kum Ba Yah (Kumbaya My Lord) | nursery rhymes & children songs with lyrics | muffin songs

• Kum Ba Yah, My Lord - http://www.muffinsongs.com (more songs)

Kum Ba Yah, My Lord. Kum Ba Yah
    Oh Lord. Kum Ba Yah

Attachments

• Mogwai7384.jpg
    Mogwai7384.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 4

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Ok- what is your business plan to provide full employment in Puerto rico? I'm all ears...

I thought we were talking about the states but I'll answer this.

Puerto Rico is not even a state! Why should the U.S provide full employment and feed those that aren't working?

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
I thought we were talking about the states but I'll answer this.

Puerto Rico is not even a state! Why should the U.S provide full employment and feed those that aren't working?

I guessed you missed the memo.PR is American territory and The Puerto Ricans are -Americans.
there . You just learned something abut your nationthat you didn't know.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Now, do you know the difference between United States and United States of America?

United States is a group of islands and territories i.e.. Guam, Virgin, Vanuatu, Mariannas PR etc and are run separate from the United States of America.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Now, do you know the difference between United States and United States of America?

United States is a group of islands and territories i.e.. Guam, Virgin, Vanuatu, Mariannas PR etc and are run separate from the United States of America.

Close. Vanuatu is actually independent.

Olivia Newton John wrote their national anthem

A place where nobody dared to go
The love that we came to know
They call it Vanuatu
(It takes your breath and it'll leave you blind)

And now, open your eyes and see
What we have made is real
We are in Vanuatu
(A dream of it, we offer you)

A million lights are dancing
And there you are, a shooting star
An everlasting world
And you're here with me eternally

Vanuatu Vanuatu
(Now we are here)
In Vanuatu
Vanuatu

Lyrics from <a href="http://www.elyrics.net">eLyrics.net</a>

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I guessed you missed the memo.PR is American territory and The Puerto Ricans are -Americans.
there . You just learned something abut your nationthat you didn't know.

I guess you didn't know it was an unincorporated territory! Nice try!

And how many voting members of congress are from Puerto Rico?

Can Puerto Rico vote to give up its status as a territory and go off on their own? Yes!

Can any other state? No!